• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Learned something about Levi jeans today

Fuck Levi Strauss. Go to Sears Roebuck and buy Red Camel. $20 a pair, good quality, and they fit better than Levi's. Made in sunny Nicaragua.

I don't think it's any secret that Levi's is anti-gun... or that they are overpriced crap.

I just wear the various colors of Woolrich Tactical pants and shorts that I've found on clearance for $16-18/pair. They fit better and are more comfortable, and they last a hell of a lot longer.

Oh yeah, old news. They bought up all their own stock a few years ago so the Board can do whatever it wants. They supported the Million Mom march, an anti-gun event, heavily. I quit buying their stuff a long time ago, like my Carhartts better for fit and longevity.

1911fan

I've heard that for quite awhile. No bother on my end because I don't buy their over priced crap. I have no problem shelling out the cash for pants if they look good. Like the ISs I paid $80 for back when I was like 14 or 15 and they still look just as good as the day I bought them. They're black and baggy and show no sign of wear except around the cuffs where they've dragged on the ground over time. As for overly boring looking Levis or blue jeans in general, no fucking way I'm spending that much on crap that looks so basic.

Fuck Levi jeans!

Hey, could we have a sticky that lists all the anti gun companies and corporations? Is there a website that lists them?

FWIW, they are also huge supporters of the ACLU. Read into that how you'd like. They were nixed out of my little black book almost ten years ago.

When a lot of Levi's jeans were made in Knoxville, just up the road, they had company stores where they sold boo-boos. Wrong stitching, wrong pocket, crooked seam... That kind of thing. They closed down the 3 operating plants here and shipped everything to Mexico back in the 1980s. That was the same year their CEO announced he was gay. I wear Wranglers and Carhartts now when I need jeans.

...That was the same year their CEO announced he was gay. I wear Wranglers and Carhartts now when I need jeans.
He was the guy who stopped them contributing to the Boy Scouts. They used to be a major supporter but withdrew their donations to try to strongarm BSA into permitting homosexuals to be scout masters.

Last edited:
He was the guy who stopped them contributing to the Boy Scouts. They used to be a major supporter but withdrew their donations to try to strongarm BSA into permitting homosexuals to be scout masters.
Now ain't that some shit. Ill make sure their are no Levi's in any of my kids closets. Definitely woudnt won't my kids around a campfire roasting weenies with homo scout leader!

How about a thread with a list of businesses and companies that DO! and don't support!

Screw us? Screw them!!

Sent from my SCH-I605

SHIT, I got two pairs for fathers day. Now I am gonna feel like crap when I wear the present my kids gave me.

The only thing out of San Francisco that isn't anti gun is METALLICA!!!!
"don't tread on me bitches!"
I love those guys.

You guys all loved the lone survivor movie, but mark wahlburg is anti gun. It's easy to boycott the things you don't like huh?

They were a huge contributor to fight against prop8 in California a few years back. I've stopped buying them since and my last 559 jean is all cut up used as cleaning rags.

True Religions...now there are some comfy jeans! Don't google if you think Levi's are overpriced

That's a bummer, I love their 501 button fly jeans. Zippers are just a fad.

Smcarroll, If you llike the 501 button fly jeans but would like to spend your money with folks who think more like you do give Cowboy Honor - Jeans: Ranch Royalty Clothing Co a try. They are made in China last time I checked, but the owner of the company is New Mexico ranch born and raised. Started her company as ranch wife too far from town to commute to a town job started stringing beads at her kitchen table and selling jewlery to the neighbor ladies. Now years later the company is Texas based with Cowboy Honor for the men.

These pants have all the things I like about the Levis, spade pockets with no rivets, double seam inside the leg, and of course the five button fly. They sit like the Levis instead of around your armpits like the Wrangler "cowboy cut" and if you're horseback they don't eat a bloody spot on your tailbone like the Wranglers. I still have the first pair I got three years ago (saved them for nice for a long time) one of the buttons on the fly has broke. More than one broken button could get embarrassing! I've wore out a couple pair of seconds that seemed were made of too light material, but the light material made them amazingly comfortable for summertime, and I got 'em half price! I've heard several other guys say they have broken buttons too, but I'm gonna give them another try myself since it's a young company and I hope they are working on it. Anyhow check out the website and you will notice one thing for sure, Cowboy Honor is the 180 degree polar opposite of Levis philosophy and beliefs.

I've never been a fan of the way Levis fit me anyways - then I heard this same news years ago and I haven't got anything from them in years.