• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Leather holster recommendation please

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
I’m looking for a left handed LEATHER IWB holster, primarily for 7 o’clock carry for a Staccato C2 w/ deltapoint pro and surefire xsc with tuckable hooks.

Any recommendations for who to go with? I’m new to this and am not familiar with the landscape of who is legit.

Thanks

FIST HOLSTERS. Jim Murnak makes the best most comfortable holsters that I've found, and I've been at it for 20 years. I've got probably 10 or more of his for various pistols and they are all fabulous. The kydex inside and leather outside hybrid is my favorite by far. I carry every day, all day from 5am - 7ish pm. Home- work- going out- even coaching baseball. It's always on my side, and it's always going to be in Jim's holster. He also makes my belts.

I'd recommend calling and talking to him or whoever you choose vs just ordering online.

Look at Tom Thurner (TTgunleather) I don’t know if he covers all of the options you need but I have a few of his holsters and they are nice! He is very easy to work with.

Reactions: TacosGigante
R. Grizzle Leather makes a left handed, IWB for the Staccato C2 with tuckable hooks.

Current lead time is 13 weeks.

Link to customer photos.

Not a Staccato, but should give you an idea of what the holster would be like.
2356225_orig.jpg

2327975_orig.jpg

I have two of their OWB Georgia Snap 2 holsters in black elephant and black shark. Both have a smooth cow hide lining. Very durable and great retention. No visible wear or deformation after years of use.

Here's a Georgia Snap 2 OWB.

r-gullotto-4_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: reubenski
As an owner of Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen, I would also give these guys a look:

...and yes, they will also make you a holster out of an alligator's asshole.

Look at Tom Thurner (TTgunleather) I don’t know if he covers all of the options you need but I have a few of his holsters and they are nice! He is very easy to work with.
TT Gunleather is great quality and is better than Sparks IME.

I've owned leather holsters from a LOT of makers and TT is one of the best at great pricing and speed.

Rosen makes pretty stuff, but it doesn't seem to hold up/stay stiff as long as other makers. Milt Sparks if just for purely functional.

TT is prettier and just as good if not better than MS.

His basic black is gorgeous btw

As an owner of Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen, I would also give these guys a look:

...and yes, they will also make you a holster out of an alligator's asshole.

Didn't know I needed an alligator asshole holster but here I am. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I have a OWB VersaCarry for my Micro 9. It works well for it. It has a built-in pouch for a spare mag.

I also like Black Hills Leather.

I would say that wearing an animal’s asshole, pretty tells everyone your preferred orifice….You might as well get your gun painted 🌈

I’ve had two holsters and a mag carrier built by Ronin holsters. His holsters are really nice. Here’s a OWB holster and mag carrier I received from him this week. Black leather with gray elephant trim.
IMG_3722.jpeg