• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leatherwood 1x4 CMR scope

Re: Leatherwood 1x4 CMR scope

So far I am pretty impressed with the CMR on my Recce variant.

The glass is surprising clear, but magnification is not a true 1x. However the FOV through changes is magnification is not impaired with any distortions.

The turrets are rugged and repeatable, however major adjustments during shooting should not be waranted due to the BCD reticle and the optic being zero'ed correctly to the load.

The illumination is not visiable in bright light conditions, although the reticle itself is quick to acquire without illumination. Somewhat of a moot point, IMO as the optic can be used as a occluded gun sight with a closed front flip-up cap. Plus most CQB situations occur in low light arenas.

Eye relief is about 3.5" so it may be a bit short for an M1A without a properly setup cheekrest.

One beef that has been mentioned by others is that the rear objective does not allow for a sloppy cheekweld. You really need to be consistant with shouldering the rifle to get the best FOV. Not a big deal considering shouldering a rifle the same way all the time is a basic principle of marksmanship.

I just ordered one of these and a Larue SPR mount today. I was trying to hold out for the PST but this had all the features I wanted at a great price. Not to mention I ordered from Midway using the coupon lowlight posted and got it for $229 shipped. Too good of a deal to pass up.

I also called Larue and got a little discount on the mount too. Those guys are great to deal with. Plus it makes the wife a little easier to get along with when I tell her how much I saved.

I'll update with a range report as soon as it gets here and I get the AR back from Birdsong.

Great, I look forward to the review Griff01.

223Rem, so they are NOT a true 1x, I spoke to a rep from SWFA, who told me he thought they were. Good to know they are not.

Mine came in the mail today. As far as initial impressions go, I like it. It's got a nice solid feel to it. The glass is clear and the reticle looks functional for my intended uses.

The mount should be here monday and I should have the rifle back from Birdsong in the next week or two. I might have to mount it on another ar in the meantime just to try it out.

The only downside I see so far is the "made in china" written on the bottom. I really try to keep my money in the US when I can.

Thanks for the 'made in china' heads-up, scratch that one of the list

I had one of these and really liked it. I could see the 8 inch gongs at 500 meters pretty good. I'd still have it but I need more X. Oh my 1st post on this forum. I like what I have seen so far