• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lee Collet Die... Any chance in 6.5 Creedmor

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
Just like the title says... Has anybody heard of Lee developing any dies for the 6.5 creedmor? They ought to!! They're missing the boat !!

I emailed Lee about a year ago to ask. At that time there was "no plans as of yet".

If you understand how they work you can probably make one of the close calibers work .Do they make one for the 260? I made a 308 collet die work for a different case by putting a thick washer on the shell holder and notching the washer and glueing it down .I have 6.5 Creedmoor .I will have to see if I have something else that will work .Mine is an AR so I just full length size but if I had a bolt gun I would neck size also.

If you understand how they work you can probably make one of the close calibers work .Do they make one for the 260? I made a 308 collet die work for a different case by putting a thick washer on the shell holder and notching the washer and glueing it down .I have 6.5 Creedmoor .I will have to see if I have something else that will work .Mine is an AR so I just full length size but if I had a bolt gun I would neck size also.

The 260 is longer than the creedmoor.

I have the 260 collet die but since the creedmoor is so much shorter, its only sizes a portion of the neck

So take it to a machine shop and have them grind enough off the bottom to make it work.

Yep that will work ,just so when the case set in the shell holder is all the way in ,the shoulder doesn't hit the collet. You can take the die apart and see it by just trying the case in the collet .If the shoulder hits ,you can add a washer or something to the top of the shell holder till it doesn't .

A .260 case is 1.7756" from the base to the shoulder junction with the neck. A 6.5 creedmoor is 1.6606" from the base to the shoulder/neck junction. 1.7756-1.6606=.1150". Take a .260 collet die apart and take the sliding sleeve to a machine shop and have them turn .1150" off the bottom of it and you should have a 6.5 creedmoor collet die. You may have a problem with the mandrel bottoming out against the case but I doubt it, I'll bet there's enough length in the decapping section for it to work fine.

I want one in 6.5x47. According to Lee's website they are not accepting custom orders at this time. I contacted Redding and told them that they ought to consider making a similar die but with more fingers in the collett. The tech acted interested but we shall see.