• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Left Bow at Home

Skullcreek

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2012
Coastal Plain of Georgia
After seeing what size some of the hogs were in the peanut field where I shot one with my bow weekend before last I decided it was rifle time. I shot three this morning and naturally this was the biggest. Shots were 200 yds, 300 and change and right at 450. There were two more Magnums out there about the size of this one but my buddy wanted some eaters. I can't wait to go back!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 16
Awesome hog!! Did you by chance get it on a scale? Was it a boar? Looks like he/she is pushing 400+. share the pics of the rest of them if you have them. Specs on rig?

I can't wait to shoot hogs, my buddy just moved to Oklahoma for work and is trying to get us some places to hunt. Thanks for sharing the great pics

.308 built on Surgeon RSR, Krieger barrel, Jewell trigger, Manners T2 stock, 125 gr Sierra Prohunters atop a compressed charge of W-748. Quartering to high shoulder shot at 200 yds and he never twitched. Looked like he got hit by lightning. I love those little bullets!
Don't have a scale big enough to weigh him. His nuts were probably 15 lbs:)
I almost forgot the scope! Its a Trijicon 5X20X50 which makes a fantastic hog scope. I love seeing that fine green dot against a black hog in near darkness.

Last edited:
Skullcreek sounds like an awesome stick. On another not fine job smoking the pork. I almost find hunting hogs as much fun as I do whitetail.

Grear shot! Thank you for stopping another vermin. Everyone, remember hog hunting is not fun, it is work that game wardens are too lazy to do.( If states thought otherwise hog hunting would require a license)
Now, throw that carcass on a fire to get rid of it.(I like applewood.)