• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lefties and AR10s

Sooner Joel

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Any lefties shooting AR-10s out there? How's the brass and blast? I've shot right handed 223 with no problem, but the 308 seems like there'd be a little more in your face. The Rock River 308 seems left hand friendly.

Re: Lefties and AR10s

they have the nub to deflect the brass should be able to shoot one just fine.

I shoot an AR10 lefty, but run it suppressed with an adjustable gas block, just enough gas to run the bolt.

I have had a AR10, have a POF & dpms and have never once had an issue. They all have the built in brass deflector. I would stay away from the DPMS slab side as a south paw though.

I have an LMT 308 which is fully setup for lefties. The brass is no problem at all. I did not even notice it. Now the guy on my right -- he might have been pissed.

I've never had any issues with my Armalite SASS or any of my .223 AR-15's. It's all in how you are trained to use your rifle. I have several left handed bolt guns but I think I would have a tuff time with a lefty AR

i shoot a dpms slab side and all the brass goes forword,inever had a problem with it

I shoot my brothers DPMS SASS with no problems. Good to know the slab side throws them forward, I'd always shy'd away from them since they didn't have a deflector.

My slab side LR-308 must be the odd duck because it throws the brass almost straight back. It currently has the stock DMPS gas block on it until the adjustable JP gas block comes in.
wink.gif
One of my buddies, who is a lefty, shot the rifle and surprisingly didn't eat a casing. YMMV

I like my left handed Stag, but they don't make a 308. It wasn't all that difficult to get used to after owning a "regular" one for so long. I'm sure we all grew up shooting right handed guns since that's all that was ever around. Once you shoot an actual gun made for a lefty, it feels natural about 10 rounds into it. The Rock River looks like it's designed to be ambi, except how it throws the brass, which I hope won't even be noticable.