• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lefty Tac Ops X-Ray 51

Aries64

Deep Behind Enemy Lines in IsWokestan!
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fellow Hiders' -

Tuesday afternoon I got a call from Mike Rescigno informing me that a friend's Lefty X-Ray 51 was ready for pick-up. Mike wouldn't be able to meet with my buddy and I until very late, so my friend asked me if I would pick his X-Ray 51 up for him. <span style="font-style: italic">"Sure, I'll be able to finger-fuck your girl before you do - again."</span> There's always something special about <span style="font-style: italic">"getting there" first, right?"</span> Picking-up the X-Ray would also give me a chance to catch-up a bit with Mike Rescigno, as I hadn't spoken with Mike for at least a month.

Since he wasn't going to be able to pick-up his rifle Tuesday night (actually, very early Wednesday morning), my buddy asked me to shoot some photos of his X-Ray 51 and email them to him to drool over during his lunch break. He also said he wasn't sure when he’d be able to come by my house and gave me the “OK” to take it to the range. <span style="font-style: italic">OK, now I definitely need to mount a scope on his X-Ray</span>. As it happens I just received a PMII 5-25X[56mm] 0.1 MRAD Gen 2 XR back from Schmidt & Bender after having them convert it to CCW (Counter-clockwise) turrets, and need to verify the tracking of the new turrets.

Also, although my friend really wanted a PMII 5-25X[56mm] 0.1 MRAD Gen 2 XR CCW on his X-Ray 51, he bought a different scope because he didn’t think an illuminated PMII would work on his lefty rifle. (For those unfamiliar with PMIIs’, the Illumination Control is mounted on the Tube at the 9:00 position just forward of the Magnification Ring, so the bolt knob and/or the shooter’s fingers often contact the Illumination Knob as the bolt is operated on a left hand rifle). This was the perfect opportunity to show my friend that he could mount an illuminated PMII on his lefty Tac Ops rifle with perfect eye relief and bolt operation without the contact between the bolt knob and the PMII’s Illumination Knob typical on left hand rifles.

Wednesday morning I leveled my buddy’s X-Ray 51, mounted a “spare” PMII 5-25X[56mm] 0.1 MRAD Gen 2 XR CCW / Mark 4 High (1.06") Ring setup, then sighted down a hallway from my living room to plumb line the reticle before shooting a few photos to email to my friend. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the range Wednesday and to shoot the X-Ray and my friend came by my house that night and picked-up his rifle. He ran the bolt in different positions and agreed that the PMII's Illumination Knob doesn't get in the way at all.

Then, (in reference to the PMII 5-25X[56mm] 0.1 MRAD Gen 2 XR CCW mounted on his X-Ray 51) he said <span style="font-style: italic">"I guess I have to start looking for one of these now."</span> I left the PMII on my buddy’s X-Ray so he can play with it and I'm pretty sure he'll pony-up for a PMII 5-25X[56mm] Gen 2 XR of his own. Hell, shooting my X-Ray 51 with a PMII 5-25X[56mm] 0.1 MRAD Gen 2 XR CCW is what made him order his lefty. I hope to shoot with him Sunday so our X-Ray 51s’ can play together. Below are some of the photos I shot for my buddy, plus one of our X-Ray 51s' side-by-side. I forgot to take a picture of the Certification Target, but it measures .092" CTC, and as usual it was shot at 110 yards at the LASD SEB Range by Mike Rescigno using FGMM 168s'. I might update this thread with better photos and photo of the Certification Target another day.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">LH X-Ray 51 w/SS McMillan Adj. Chkpce, Tac Ops Bottom Metal, Mark 4 Highs' with PMII 5-25X[56mm} + USO ARD over Tac Ops Two-Piece Base:</span></span>
LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBLS45Angle18x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51AdjRS45Angle18x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBLSProfile18x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBRSProfile18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of fitted Tac Ops 303 Stainless floorplate finished in Birdsong "Tac Ops OD" Green-T & Black-T. Soft radiuses all-around:</span></span>
TOBottomMetalLHX-Ray518x6.jpg

TOBottomMetalLHX-Ray38x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Old-school, hammer & chisel engravings on barrel. You can also see the "soft", radiused edges on recoil lug and action:</span></span>
LeftyTacticalOperationsEngraving8x6.jpg

LeftyX-Ray51Engraving18x6.jpg

LeftyTacticalOperationsX-Ray51Engravings8x6.jpg

Lefty308Engraving8x6.jpg

Keith

Re: Lefty Tac Ops X-Ray 51

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tac Ops shortens the cheekpiece thumbscrew(s) for a lower profile, more snag-resistant setup:</span></span>
ShortenedMcMillanAdjScrewCU8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">As always, Tac Ops "times" the screws on the Anschutz Rail. This is a 10" Rail, but an 8" is available:</span></span>
LeftyX-Ray51AnschutzRail18x6.jpg

Keith

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">RH X-Ray 51 w/Loggerhead ACH (foreground) and LH X-Ray 51 w/Single Screw McMillan Integral ACH (in background):</span></span>
LHRHX-Ray51Twins18x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I SOOOOOOOO need to save my pennies </div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">Yes, you do...</span>

Keith

Kieth,

It almost looks like you put a mirror in front of your rifle in pic 13.

I'm sure your buddy is going to be ecstatic about getting his X-Ray!

I just picked up my Delta and I'm waiting for Mike to return my AFAR rail so I can take it to the range, so I know the feeling of a brand spanking new Tac Ops!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kieth,

It almost looks like you put a mirror in front of your rifle in pic 13.</div></div>
Yeah - Aside from being a Lefty, if my buddy's rifle had the Loggerhead ACH instead of McMillan's Single Screw Integral ACH they'd be almost the same. Hopefully we can make it to the range and shoot this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure your buddy is going to be ecstatic about getting his X-Ray!</div></div>
He already has it. He already loves the X-Ray and PMII combo and he and I were both hesistant about leaving my scope and rings on his rifle (I want that bitch back!) We agreed that if he loses my scope he has to replace it. That's a tall, expensive order on a PMII 5-25X[56] Gen 2 XR CCW with a USO ARD, ya' know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up my Delta and I'm waiting for Mike to return my AFAR rail so I can take it to the range, so I know the feeling of a brand spanking new Tac Ops! </div></div>
Sweet! Mike told me you picked-up your Delta 51, but somehow I missed your thread. Congratulations on you're Delta 51! If waiting on a BT28 AFAR Kit is keeping you from shooting your Delta 51 I'd either buy another BT28 Kit as a spare and cut the LONG screws down, or I can lend you one with the screws already cut-down to the correct length - they just aren't Birdsong'ed. I used one of my spare BT28's to mount a spare LT706/BRM-S bipod on my friend's Lefty X-Ray 51.

Keith

Nice.

How much clearance is the between the bolt knob and the illumination knob on the scope? I'd really like a S&B 3-20, but I'm scared of the clearance on a lefty rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">"Nice"</span> doesn't begin to cover it. However, spoken by Milla Jovovich it has a certain ring to it (anyone who's seen <span style="font-style: italic">"Resident Evil: Afterlife"</span> will remember Milla nodding approvingly and saying <span style="font-style: italic">"Niiice..."</span> in the scene represented by the photo below):
<span style="font-size: 14pt">
NiiceWACU.jpg
NIIICE!!!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How much clearance is the between the bolt knob and the illumination knob on the scope? I'd really like a S&B 3-20, but I'm scared of the clearance on a lefty rifle. </div></div>
Clearance is partially dependent upon how the rifle is set-up, as the Stock's LOP (Length-of-Pull) and the Scope's Eye Relief influence the Forward-Aft position of the scope. Magnification and Shooting Position may also cause a shooter to slide Forward or Aft slightly, which obviously varies the clearance between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the bolt knob so this should be taken into account as well.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">That said, since this thread is about a LH Tac Ops rifle, the majority of Tac Ops rifles are built with the Tac Ops Bolt Knob Conversion (so I know the bolt handle won't be shortened, bringing the "fat end" of the bolt knob closer to the Illumination Knob), the Eye Relief of the PMII 5-25X[56mm] DT LP and the PMII 3-20X[50mm] DT MTC LT LP is 90mm, AND the measurement from the rear of the Ocular Bell to the front of the Illumination Control's "saddle" is within 1mm (124mm for the PMII 5-25X[56mm] DT LP versus 125mm on the PMII 3-20X[50mm] DT MTC LT LP), the relative fore-aft position between the two scopes should be very close if not identical.</span></span>

I didn't measure the LOP on my friend's X-Ray, but I know that he likes to use the full stack of spacers McMillan supplies with their A-Series stocks, and that's the way it came from Mike. I took this into account when I mounted the PMII 5-25X[56mm] DT LP on his [Lefty] X-Ray 51 and I had a "full scope" at 25X. Now, with the action unlocked and the bolt handle fully forward but without any pressure on the bolt there was about an 1/8" (.125") between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the [Tac Ops] bolt knob. You know how loose Remington bolts are when out of battery, and if I forced the bolt handle up and off-axis I still had about 1/16" between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the [Tac Ops] bolt knob.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.</div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">"Nice"</span> doesn't begin to cover it. However, spoken by Milla Jovovich it has a certain ring to it (anyone who's seen <span style="font-style: italic">"Resident Evil: Afterlife"</span> will remember Milla nodding approvingly and saying <span style="font-style: italic">"Niiice..."</span> in the scene represented by the photo below):
<span style="font-size: 14pt">
NiiceWACU.jpg
NIIICE!!!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How much clearance is the between the bolt knob and the illumination knob on the scope? I'd really like a S&B 3-20, but I'm scared of the clearance on a lefty rifle. </div></div>
Clearance is partially dependent upon how the rifle is set-up, as the Stock's LOP (Length-of-Pull) and the Scope's Eye Relief influence the Forward-Aft position of the scope. Magnification and Shooting Position may also cause a shooter to slide Forward or Aft slightly, which obviously varies the clearance between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the bolt knob so care this should be taken into account as well.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">That said, since this thread is about a LH Tac Ops rifle, the majority of Tac Ops rifles are built with the Tac Ops Bolt Knob Conversion (so I know the bolt handle won't be shortened, bringing the "fat end" of the bolt knob closer to the Illumination Knob), the Eye Relief of the PMII 5-25X[56mm] DT LP and the PMII 3-20X[50mm] DT MTC LT LP is 90mm, AND the measurement from the rear of the Ocular Bell to the front of the Illumination Control's "saddle" is within 1mm (124mm for the PMII 5-25X[56mm] DT LP versus 125mm on the PMII 3-20X[50mm] DT MTC LT LP), the relative fore-aft position between the two scopes should be very close if not identical.</span></span>

I didn't measure the LOP on my friend's X-Ray, but I know that he likes to use the full stack of spacers McMillan supplies with their A-Series stocks, and that's the way it came from Mike. I took this into account when I mounted the PMII 5-25X[56mm] DT LP on his [Lefty] X-Ray 51 and I had a "full scope" at 25X. Now, with the action unlocked and the bolt handle fully forward but without any pressure on the bolt there was about an 1/8" (.125") between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the [Tac Ops] bolt knob. You know how loose Remington bolts are when out of battery, and if I forced the bolt handle up and off-axis I still had about 1/16" between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the [Tac Ops] bolt knob.

Keith </div></div>

Thanks!

I have a GAP barreled Defiance action with one of their medium diameter knobs, smaller than the Tac Ops, and I'm a little long in the arms myself. I'm not quite 5'11" and can touch 7 ft with both feet flat on the floor and a little stretch. I tend to creep up on a rifle, so I set my scopes forward just a hair, even on hunting rifles that I set up for use with several layers of clothing.

I'm building a 19.5" .308, all I need is some bottom metal, find someone to bed it in my Manners stock and throw a finish on it.

Hijack off.

Aries,

That is an amazingly handsome rifle. Oh wait ALL Tac-Ops rifles look amazingly handsome! Does that southpaw rifle have a better test target than yours? Just kidding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Aries,

That is an amazingly handsome rifle. Oh wait ALL Tac-Ops rifles look amazingly handsome! Does that southpaw rifle have a better test target than yours? Just kidding.</div></div>
Nope. The Lefty's Certification Target measurement is .092" CTC shot at 110 yards at the SEB Range. My Certification Target's CTC measurement is .071", but Mike met me at ASR for my X-Ray's Certification so I my Target was shoot at 100 yards. (For those unfamiliar with ASR <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">(Angeles Shooting Ranges)</span></span> the berms are at 100-yard increments). Mike said that he probably would have shot a smaller group with the Lefty if he'd waited for the wind to die down. The Certification Target included with each rifle is the benchmark that rifle, and I've <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">bested</span></span> my X-Ray 51's Certification Target on occasion (prone, with Harris bipod and rear RTG Bag in very calm conditions).

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn tht is really nice!!!!!

I love it!!!!!</div></div>
It <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">is</span></span> really, really nice. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">MicronuT</span></span> (knife freak and lucky Lefty X-Ray 51 Owner), has been fondling his rifle (and the PMII I mounted on it) since last Wednesday. We're supposed to go to ASR next Sunday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is why I am having another built in 260REM!</div></div>
You lucky dog! I don't know if you've heard Down Under, but Federal has added .260 Remington FGMM to their product lineup so you now have another option for factory .260 Remington ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to get it
smile.gif
</div></div>
Yeah, I know that feeling. As Tom Petty sang <span style="font-style: italic">"The waiting is the hardest part..."</span>

Keith

Dear God that's a wicked looking rifle! The attention to detail is nuts. VERY nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RCS1278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never get tired of looking at Tac Ops rifles...Does anyone know if they have a payment plan? </div></div>

Hey RCS1278,

Just call Mike at Tac Ops at (310) 275-8797. Mike is one hell of a standup guy and great to deal with. He will get you squared away and you will be pleased with the outcome.

Damn....this site is just impossible to be on. Every day I see something I want but can't have. On the other hand it has made me an even more conniving business man since I have learned how to literally steal and then launder money so my wife doesn't know I spent it. That or let me say those rifles are beauties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RCS1278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never get tired of looking at Tac Ops rifles...Does anyone know if they have a payment plan? </div></div>
I didn't think that you were serious (and I'm still not completely sure that you are) - when you asked if anyone knows if Tac Ops has a payment plan. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">brinkhdlow</span></span> replied to you, but his answer is ambiguous at best, and might be interpreted as a "Yes", which is incorrect. The direct, correct answer is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">"No - Tac Ops does not have a payment plan."</span></span></span> I don't want to get off-track, but below is the ordering / waiting procedure from Tac Ops:

(a) Mike Rescigno (Tac Ops President and Master Gunsmith) consults with the Client and recommends specific equipment based on the Client's requirements; (b) Mike quotes the client and confirms his mailing address for the Deposit, reminding the client that a Non-Refundable, 50% Deposit is required before any parts will be ordered or work begun. Mike will do his best to provide an accurate timeframe for delivery <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">with the Client's understanding and acceptance that Military and Law Enforcement orders take precedence over civilian orders, so indeterminable delays are possible;</span></span> (c) The Client sends Tac Ops the 50% Deposit attached to a Request for Work with the Agency/Department/Unit, or individual Client's Full Name, Contact Address, Telephone Number, and Email Address; (d) Upon receipt of the client's Deposit, parts with long lead times are ordered (examples include but are not limited to the Stock, Barrel, and William's Bottom Metal (if requested). <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">As these parts are special-order the Deposit is Non-Refundable.</span></span></span>; (e) Mike will contact the client when the Work is close to completion. The Balance of the Client's Balance is due at the time of Work Completion, and the balance must be received by Tac Ops within thirty (30) days of Work Completion. If the Balance Due is not received by Tac Ops within thirty (30) days of Notification of Work Completion, Tac Ops may sell the rifle(s) and any accessories order by the Client.

Now back-on-topic...

LeftyX-Ray51AdjOBLS45Angle18x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RCS1278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never get tired of looking at Tac Ops rifles...Does anyone know if they have a payment plan? </div></div>
I didn't think that you were serious (and I'm still not completely sure that you are) - when you asked if anyone knows if Tac Ops has a payment plan. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">brinkhdlow</span></span> replied to you, but his answer is ambiguous at best, and might be interpreted as a "Yes", which is incorrect. The direct, correct answer is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">"No - Tac Ops does not have a payment plan."</span></span></span> I don't want to get off-track, but below is the ordering / waiting procedure from Tac Ops:
</div></div>
Hey Keith,

I apologize for the confusing reply to RCS1278, it wasn’t meant to be confusing.

Based on my limited dealings with Mike, my answer was meant to be taken both ways. Without knowing exactly what RCS1278 meant by a “payment plan” I replied with,

“Just call Mike at Tac Ops at (310) 275-8797.”
So that Mike could explain everything in great detail about what he expects as far as purchasing a rifle and any other questions the customer might have.

“Mike is one hell of a standup guy and great to deal with.”
Based on the few times I have dealt with Mike, his is one hell of a standup guy and great to deal with.
AND, after I got off the phone with Mike, he had me squared away and I am sure I will be pleased with the outcome.
I understand that Mike does not do monthly payment plans, but my answer to RCS1278 was just intended for him to call Mike to get the same info that you had provided him.

Sorry for the confusion,
Someday I might get my replies right.
grin.gif

Sorry for taken it off topic,

Is the owner of that Lefty Tac Ops X-Ray a lefty or a righty? My wife is left handed and owns a left hand action and I find it a little easier for a faster follow-up cause I do not have to break my trigger hand and regrip on the rifle.

Murel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RCS1278</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never get tired of looking at Tac Ops rifles...Does anyone know if they have a payment plan? </div></div>
</div></div>
Hey Keith,

I apologize for the confusing reply to RCS1278, it wasn’t meant to be confusing.

Based on my limited dealings with Mike, my answer was meant to be taken both ways. Without knowing exactly what RCS1278 meant by a “payment plan” I replied with,

“Just call Mike at Tac Ops at (310) 275-8797.”
So that Mike could explain everything in great detail about what he expects as far as purchasing a rifle and any other questions the customer might have.

“Mike is one hell of a standup guy and great to deal with.”
Based on the few times I have dealt with Mike, his is one hell of a standup guy and great to deal with.
AND, after I got off the phone with Mike, he had me squared away and I am sure I will be pleased with the outcome.
I understand that Mike does not do monthly payment plans, but my answer to RCS1278 was just intended for him to call Mike to get the same info that you had provided him.

Sorry for the confusion,
Someday I might get my replies right.
grin.gif

Sorry for taken it off topic,

Is the owner of that Lefty Tac Ops X-Ray a lefty or a righty? My wife is left handed and owns a left hand action and I find it a little easier for a faster follow-up cause I do not have to break my trigger hand and regrip on the rifle.

Murel
</div></div>
No problem Murel, no apologies necessary. I just don't want people getting the (incorrect) idea that Tac Ops has a "payment plan". Mike gets hammered with telephone calls as it is, and the last thing Mike needs is to be inundated with calls about a non-existent payment plan.

With regard to your question about the lucky owner of the Lefty X-Ray 51 featured in this thread, he's a lefty who shoots lefty.

Keith

So did your friend try to cycle the action with the PMII scope on it ? 1/16"-1/8" clearance is a bit tight.It looks to me that the illumination dial would be in the way,even with an open hand push.Vary nice rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did your friend try to cycle the action with the PMII scope on it ? 1/16"-1/8" clearance is a bit tight.It looks to me that the illumination dial would be in the way,even with an open hand push.Vary nice rifle. </div></div>
Wow. I guess you've got selective comprehension and/or are one of those guys that can't be bothered to read the OP's first post, before replying. In my initial post I said that my friend <span style="font-style: italic">"ran the bolt in different positions and agreed that the PMII's Illumination Knob doesn't get in the way at all."</span> Somehow you "missed" that yet you bring up <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">1/16"-1/8"</span></span> clerance between the bolt knob and Illumination Knob even though I didn't specifically state clearance until my 5th (fifth) reply (which is my 6th post) in this thread.

Anyway, we've more than <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"tried"</span></span> to cycle the action - we've shot the rifle. Just yesterday some friends and I were at the range to zero and chronograph said LH X-Ray 51. Two of us shot the Lefty X-Ray 51 "right-handed" and the Lefty's owner shot both "right-handed" and "left-handed". None of us had any clearance problems at all while running the bolt. Of course, his Tac Ops is a laser (all Tac Ops rifles have to shoot .25 MOA or tighter with FGMM 168 or else they don't leave the Tac Ops shop, period).

Something that needs to be understood is that it's only the <span style="font-style: italic">threaded end</span> of the bolt knob that has <span style="font-style: italic">"1/8"-1/16"</span> clearance - no one grasps the threaded end. The other end of the bolt knob (the area gripped) protrudes beyond the Illumination Knob plenty and unless a shooter has very large hands and/or fat fingers, always wears gloves, or is just plain clumsy he or she should be able to grip the bolt with their thumb, index, and middle fingers to hold onto and run the bolt.

And as I also said before, <span style="font-style: italic">clearance is partially dependent upon how the rifle is set-up, as the Stock's LOP (Length-of-Pull) and the Scope's Eye Relief influence the Forward-Aft position of the scope. Magnification and Shooting Position may also cause a shooter to slide Forward or Aft slightly, which obviously varies the clearance between the rear of the Illumination Knob and the front of the bolt knob so this should be taken into account as well.</span>

Keith

Nice write write up mikes attention to detail is second to none and his rifles are crazy accurate. My x-ray just amazes me everytime it a laser!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did your friend try to cycle the action with the PMII scope on it ? 1/16"-1/8" clearance is a bit tight.It looks to me that the illumination dial would be in the way,even with an open hand push.Vary nice rifle. </div></div>
Wow. I guess you've got selective comprehension and/or are one of those guys that can't be bothered to read the OP's first post, before replying
</div></div>
A "Read the first post fully" would've sufficed.Actually,I was bored after reading the first two paragraphs of the novel and went right to the pics.Sorry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoots100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did your friend try to cycle the action with the PMII scope on it ? 1/16"-1/8" clearance is a bit tight.It looks to me that the illumination dial would be in the way,even with an open hand push.Vary nice rifle. </div></div>
Wow. I guess you've got selective comprehension and/or are one of those guys that can't be bothered to read the OP's first post, before replying
</div></div>
A "Read the first post fully" would've sufficed.Actually,I was bored after reading the first two paragraphs of the novel and went right to the pics.Sorry. </div></div>
So my posts bore you, but you scrolled down the page through the posts to find and read through - <span style="font-style: italic">(at the very least)</span> - my 6th post in this thread? That's notable in itself. Keep reading - the Hide' will be better for it.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I SOOOOOOOO need to save my pennies </div></div>

thats a whole lot of pennies lmao. my problem is every time i save 1k up i end up buying something i like for 1k. I'm scared to even know how much it cost to own a Tac-Ops (i could google it but it would make me cry most likely).