• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Legion OTG Precision Rifle Matches/ Blakely GA

1b375

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
Georgia
Attention all southeastern shooters. We will be running bi monthly matches starting in July at Legion OTG in Blakely GA.

If you have any questions I will answer them as quick as I can. I get on here about once or twice a week or email me at the adress listed below.

Hope to see a lot of you guys there. This will be a great time and very laid back with sharing knowledge and having fun as the primary purpose.

Legion OTG Precision Rifle Matches

We are running a series of matches every other month. The matches will be set in a laid back atmosphere so everyone from the beginner to the more experienced shooter can enjoy themselves. The matches will be extremely fun and also challenging. We will be shooting from various positions to include elevated positions, from vehicles, natural and man made positions, and also we will be shooting a night stage.

Divisions: We will offer two divisions to make the competition more competitive. There will be a .223-.308 division that will be shooting out to approximately 850 yards and also an open division with all calibers 300 Win Mag and below. the open division will shoot out to 1100 yards.

Each shooters score will be individual. You may have a spotter for the match but no one can spot for more than one shooter. Two competitors may spot for each other through the match.

There will be 6-8 stages for the match. More than one stage will be running at one time.

Schedule of events for each match

Saturday

Check in Saturday no later than 1200 hrs

Stages shot from 1300-1900 hrs

Take a dinner break

Night stage at 2100 hrs

Sunday

Final stages shot 0800-1200 hrs

Round count between 100-125, there will be 50-60 targets during the match

Entry fee $100

There are cabins available to rent for the night at a very affordable price. Please call 229-723-2029 for cabin availability.
Dates:
July 12-13
September 13-14
November 15-16

The match will be limited to the first 40 shooters to register. Payment must be received before you are registered to shoot.

For registration or if you have any questions please contact Joe Harris at [email protected].

For information on the facility please visit legionotg.com

For the night shoot is the NV equipment necessary?
Or is the stage lit?

Whats the target distances??? Count me in as soon as my rig is here at the end of the month. I'll put a few hundred down the tube plus shoot all the local matches I can make this year. Haven't shot long range out to 1,200yds since a local f-class where they hold the Hard Rock Matches over here in Alabama. Me and Jim may be getting a large sponsored PRS style match together on my 200 acre clear cut, pending me reading the lease contract. If anybody knows anything for me to look out for on a lease contract, regarding commercial events please let me know. This will be a hike/move around type course shooting at steep angles and across mountain tops some would say. We call them ridges here. Would love some advice on hosting it. Thank You Guys
Attention all southeastern shooters. We will be running bi monthly matches starting in July at Legion OTG in Blakely GA.

If you have any questions I will answer them as quick as I can. I get on here about once or twice a week or email me at the adress listed below.

Hope to see a lot of you guys there. This will be a great time and very laid back with sharing knowledge and having fun as the primary purpose.

Legion OTG Precision Rifle Matches

We are running a series of matches every other month. The matches will be set in a laid back atmosphere so everyone from the beginner to the more experienced shooter can enjoy themselves. The matches will be extremely fun and also challenging. We will be shooting from various positions to include elevated positions, from vehicles, natural and man made positions, and also we will be shooting a night stage.

Divisions: We will offer two divisions to make the competition more competitive. There will be a .223-.308 division that will be shooting out to approximately 850 yards and also an open division with all calibers 300 Win Mag and below. the open division will shoot out to 1100 yards.

Each shooters score will be individual. You may have a spotter for the match but no one can spot for more than one shooter. Two competitors may spot for each other through the match.

There will be 6-8 stages for the match. More than one stage will be running at one time.

Schedule of events for each match

Saturday

Check in Saturday no later than 1200 hrs

Stages shot from 1300-1900 hrs

Take a dinner break

Night stage at 2100 hrs

Sunday

Final stages shot 0800-1200 hrs

Round count between 100-125, there will be 50-60 targets during the match

Entry fee $100

There are cabins available to rent for the night at a very affordable price. Please call 229-723-2029 for cabin availability.
Dates:
July 12-13
September 13-14
November 15-16

The match will be limited to the first 40 shooters to register. Payment must be received before you are registered to shoot.

For registration or if you have any questions please contact Joe Harris at [email protected].

For information on the facility please visit legionotg.com

Whats the target distances??? Count me in as soon as my rig is here at the end of the month. I'll put a few hundred down the tube plus shoot all the local matches I can make this year. Haven't shot long range out to 1,200yds since a local f-class where they hold the Hard Rock Matches over here in Alabama. Me and Jim may be getting a large sponsored PRS style match together on my 200 acre clear cut, pending me reading the lease contract. If anybody knows anything for me to look out for on a lease contract, regarding commercial events please let me know. This will be a hike/move around type course shooting at steep angles and across mountain tops some would say. We call them ridges here. Would love some advice on hosting it. Thank You Guys

Where is this property? Have you already spoke to the PRS committee? There's much more to hosting a PRS match, i.e. criteria, than just having the space to do so. PRS matches are nothing like Captain Husky's matches at Hardrock. You'll need to think about course of fire, etc. Can't just throw a match together and call it a PRS match.

What is needed for a night shoot as I have never shot one before?

Rega
Ga medic 8858

You don't need any night vision or thermals. Targets will be illuminated enough to see them.

All you need is the rig you shoot the match with.

Thanks Joe,Legion, and all you Georgia boys for a fun weekend! It was well worth the long car ride! Hope to shoot with you all again soon!

Seth

If there are spots for the Nov match open I would like to be added. I will email you as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard back from Joe via email about the status of the Nov match? I shot the one back in July and had a lot of fun! The venue is incredible.

Is there anywhere to camp here? I am definitely interested in the Nov 15th/16th event

Last edited: