• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica Stabilite Bino mount arca rail attachment

hwy1strat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2018
Does anyone use a Leica Stabilite bino mount? If so, how have you mounted an arca rail on the bottom? I can't seem to get the arca rail to stay attached and it's driving me nuts. The one center screw is constantly coming loose when I am trying to pan or move my bins around while searching. I have even loctite the screw in but it didn't last. Before i go drilling extra holes in it, I was hoping someone else may have found a better solution.

Yeah I have been looking at that too. But, I already have the leica mount and I figured it'd be cheaper to make the one I have work
I bought a cheap arca plate off amazon and just bolted it to the bottom. I have since bought the RRS Cinch and will never think about changing back. So much better design. I leave it on my binos all the time and can even fit in my FHF bino harness when hunting, but easy to clip to my tripod when wanting to get more stable. You can offload the bino harness to someone else, do yourself a favor and just get the RRS.

Reactions: kindabitey
I bought a cheap arca plate off amazon and just bolted it to the bottom. I have since bought the RRS Cinch and will never think about changing back. So much better design. I leave it on my binos all the time and can even fit in my FHF bino harness when hunting, but easy to clip to my tripod when wanting to get more stable. You can offload the bino harness to someone else, do yourself a favor and just get the RRS.
Do you use it on Leica hd-3000 binos? I am worried because there isn’t an area on the front lens to really mount it. I’m guessing I’d have to mount it behind the bridge

Do you use it on Leica hd-3000 binos? I am worried because there isn’t an area on the front lens to really mount it. I’m guessing I’d have to mount it behind the bridge
I have the 2400s ans that’s what I do is behind the bridge. Works fine on my anvil 30 to look behind them. I also have a longer rail that I can mount my binos with a small RRS head and then clamp my sporter on. Works just fine.

AFBFA7CD-3D99-47DB-9BC0-327DE1B55B8D.jpeg

Another nice feature is that it just stays attached and don’t have to keep removing it.

Exact same setup I have. I also like that you can freely adjust the width of the binos, if somebody else was to look through them. You cannot do that as easily on the Leica option. I would love to upgrade to the 3200s but cant justify it at this point. Do you use the ballistics calculations at all? I wish they would link up with someone to help solidify that feature and then they would be hands down the best option out there.

Exact same setup I have. I also like that you can freely adjust the width of the binos, if somebody else was to look through them. You cannot do that as easily on the Leica option. I would love to upgrade to the 3200s but cant justify it at this point. Do you use the ballistics calculations at all? I wish they would link up with someone to help solidify that feature and then they would be hands down the best option out there.
It links with my kestrel elite which enables it to give calculations to 3200 yards. Without the kestrel it will give calculations to I think 1000 yards.

Have the RRS cinch and 3200’s as well. Couldn’t be happier.
leica has fixed their connections issues. Works great