• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leica's customer service...awesome

omurnion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Jordan, MT
I bought a new pair of Leica Geovid HD 10x42 binos (meters)last November. In February the rangefinder died in them. I sent them back to Leica. The brown truck drops off a package about 6 weeks ago and to my pleasant surprise there is a brand new pair of Leica binos in the box. One small tiny problem, its a pair of Geovids, not HD, and not in meters. When I sent them back the person that I talked to told me to send everything that I had back. All I got back was the wrong binos. So I wait another 4 weeks for all the accessories.

I honestly had not noticed until tonight that I even had the wrong binos, the box has been sitting on my shelf. I was actually about to put them on here for sale because I picked up a pair of Zeiss Victory RF's in the mean time and I like them better anyway. So part of this is my fault for not paying attention to detail when they showed up. But come on how damn hard is it to get something like this right. In the first place a $2400 piece of optics should not have these problems, I don't care who builds them. I just can't believe that a company with a reputation for quality optic's would have customer service this poor. I could have lived with them sending a pair in yards, but not sending me a pair of HD's, now I'm thinking that they aren't even new. Maybe I'm just a magnet for bad experiences.

Re: Leica's customer service...awesome

Did you even try to address the mix-up with them? Or was a rant on here your first stop?

F-ups happen... and I'm all for sharing the experience with others in the community, but give them a chance to make things right before you post it. At least then you can share the F-up AND how they handled it. My 2 cents...

This is the second screw up with them. I guess maybe I should just shrug my shoulders and say oh well. It's not like I'm some weekend warrior wanna be, I use this equipment everyday to provide for my family. I guess I have no right to be upset about this whole mess, and to answer your question I'm still waiting to here back form them about how it is going to be handled. Leica didn't have to send me a new pair of binos but they did. I just wish that they would have sent me the right pair.

Sorry to hear that. I've had good luck with them the one time I sent my binos in for repair. I've also had good luck with Swaro service.
Lee