• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LEO in Boulder got an Ass Kick

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
A week or so ago a Boulder PD Sgt. tried to arrest a suspect for slashing tires on PD cars.
It did not go well to say the least, the LEO ended up with a concussion, broken clavicle, broken elbow and bruised or broken ribs when he caught up with the suspect. He got a Downtown Five Points asswhuppin.
Although I am critical of LEOs, I don't like to see something like this go down.
The news channels had an interview with the Sgt. last night and he did not look good. Still recovering and will be out for a while yet.
I don't know how things go down out there, but if he thought he was going to make a collar on this punk and arrest him, things went south in a hurry. This punk was mean and knew how to kick ass and did it.
My question is, if a LEO is chasing a suspect that is running don't you figure something is wrong when they run and rather than risk getting your ass kicked, why not pop them with one of those taser guns when you get close enough to take the shot?
Never assume you are tough enough to kick their ass when you catch them, as this officer did, just pop them.
If a taser isn't enough, don't you have a sidearm?
If they are running that hard something is wrong.
I am sure there are all kinds of hassles and hoops to jump through if you bust a cap on someone but if you have that taser gun isn't that what it's for rather than getting your ass kicked? Regards, FM

Re: LEO in Boulder got an Ass Kick

Around here not every officer carries a taser. Because of cost, generally only one or two officers per shift have one.

I don't want to sit here and kick a brother when he's down, but this is certainly a learning experience for all LEO's. Only those two know how the scenario unfolded, but there came a point in that battle that he was justified in shooting the suspect.

My opinion, Tasers should be banned. Anything that is warranting the use of such a device, is worthy of having a real trigger pulled. Less problems, and less costs in the end.

Way I see it, 99 cases out of a dozen, the "suspect" will either comply, or fight/flight. Those who comply are not the problem, and those who don't, well.... we really don't need those problems to begin with, right?

Don't do the crap that get's the LEO's attention or focus. Clean up the court system.

Sounds like that would have been a perfect time to bring a Taser into the equation. Does the officer's department issue them? Had he been through the training and was he carrying one?

I personally don't like Tasers. I've had one for eight years and have never used it outside of training. I think they tend to get overused and depended on way too much. Those that depend on them will find themselves in a world of hurt when they press that trigger and the thing does nothing (which happens frequently). The day may come where I tangle with someone who kicks my ass but it hasn't happened yet and odds are that it won't. Not because I consider myself a badass but because it's pretty rare that anyone is actually trying to kick an LEO's ass, most of the time they just want to get away.

Sucks to get your ass kicked but it comes with the territory. If you come out of this career without any scars, scrapes or bruises you probably didn't accomplish a whole lot.

If youre LE (Patrol) and you have'nt had your ass kicked, you haven't been doing it long enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foul Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure there are all kinds of hassles and hoops to jump through if you bust a cap on someone ...</div></div>

Hassles like getting fired and indicted for murder?? 'Bust a cap' on someone for running!? I'm pretty sure that went out in the late 60's - early 70's and even THEN it was only for felonies. Only reason for shooting someone for running away these days is if you have knowledge that NOT stopping his flight would be an immediate threat of SBI or death to another person. Had to justify for slahed tires.

I dont know if Boulder carries tasers so that may not have been an option. If he had OC spray he still would have had to be close to use it. And ya, we do mostly figure we're tough enough to kick their ass when we catch them. Its instilled in the training. If he took that bad an ass kicking he would have been justified using deadly force during the assault, but you still have to be able to fend off the assault long enough to go to guns.

An incident that happened outside of my shop last week showed why the taser doesn't work in this case. Local PD makes a traffic stop right across the street fromt he shop. I'm watching it as it happens and about the time the officer starts to get out of the car, the subject decides to rabbit.
Being a reserve LEO in another local town I ran out the door to assist. The officer had already deployed his taser without success due to the fact that a slight breeze was blown and the subject was a good 15yds away. Probes got wrapped up in a set of keys and the other probe didn't get a stick.
As I got across the street I saw the subject take a header from tripping over the curb and faceplanting into the sand. Officer had just restrained the subject as I came up on them.

Moral of the story, if you're going to run from the police there are 2 important things to remember:
1. Make sure your pants are around your waist and not your knees
2. watch where you're going

Foul Mike,

This is directed to you and others in a friendly way. So take it for what its worth.

honestly, this is a situation that I feel is on the level of quit sideline quarterbacking and get in the fight or shut the hell up.

If you do not know the repercussions to the taser, sidearm, or other options the officer has / had you have no idea how or what could of been used.

This same kind of questioning and what rules / laws it brings leaves the officer with legal handcuffs on.
"well if he was better trained the officer could of kicked ass"

If the officer was not so aggressive he would not of had to hurt the perp.

and so on and so on. before asking questions you have no depth to, be a cop for a wile.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> before asking questions you have no depth to, be a cop for a wile.

John</div></div>

good advice. Hard to question his actions when you have no idea what it takes to do the job.

JCH
a non-LEO.

4 words: "Use of force spectrum".
Alternatively, you may want to consider "Use of Force policy".

Look it up.

Just because a guy runs on an offense doesn't mean that even if an officer is equipped with a taser, they are permitted to use it indiscriminately just because they have RS/PC to detain an individual who has run from you.

Remember that Boulder's citizens are more liberal than most, and as a result they have some fairly restrictive policy. Including use of force reports for almost anything above basic physical restraint/PPCT.

Oh, and aside from the departmental BS, check this out:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/160872-Boulder-Colorado-police-Taser-man-in-Pearl-Street-brawl

Seriously, people do that crap out here. Screw with officers just to be ass hats or because they see officers are being an extension of "the man" "oppressing the people" or [insert any other ridiculous bullshit reason here].

I spent 20 years in LE, mostly as a street cop. You cannot ignor someone committing a crime just because you don't want to get your ass whipped. It happens, part of the game.

I never carried a taser, I figure tasers are just an excuse not to do good police work.

Also you can't shoot someone for poking a holes in the tires of your police car.

Yeah, there are some bad ones out there, but I found, as a hole, if you treat someone with respect, even bandits, you'll be treated with respect.

But like I said, there is always those you can't work with, you got to take your chances. Sometimes you can talk them into jail, sometimes you can't.

Like they say, sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. But you can't just tase or shoot someone cause you don't want your ass whopped.

LEO have a tough job but thankfully this sort of thing doesn't happen often. Drunk drivers, foot and vehicle chases all create dangerous situations.

Perhaps a couple years to a decade of rehab in a jail will mellow this punks attitude a bit. Getting college students motivated is tough but it seems as if the community is rallying around this officer.

The search for a man who injured a Boulder
police officer continues, with police releasing a
new composite of the suspect and college
fraternities raising money to contribute to a
reward in the case.

Saturday night, Sgt. Jim Byfield was assaulted by
a man who had slashed tires on two police
vehicles.

Byfield received a concussion, and a broken
elbow and clavicle in the incident that happened
at about 9:40 p.m. Saturday near 11th and
College streets. The suspect remains at large.

Byfield is recovering after surgery.

Boulder police have released a second
composite of the suspect.
Several witnesses told investigators that the suspect has dark eye
brows and is very tan.

Police describe the suspect as

a white man, about 6 feet tall and about 180 to
220 pounds with a muscular build. His head is
shaved, or bald, but police said his hair color is
likely brown. The assailant was wearing a black
hoodie with white lettering on the front, police
said

Byfield oversees a unit that works with college
fraternities. Last night the Interfraternity
Council, which represents 17 fraternities in
Boulder, raised $3,500 to contribute to a reward
fund in the assault case.

"Sgt. Byfield is very visible, well-known and liked
by the fraternity people on The Hill," said Marc
Stine, Greek advocate with the council.

About 25 people attended the 90-minute council
meeting last night in which the money was
raised.

It will supplement a Crime Stoppers award. The
council planned to present the money to the city
and police department this morning, Stine said.

Anyone with information on the assault, or a
possible suspect, is asked to call a police tip line
at 303 441-1974. Tipsters who want to remain
anonymous can contact Northern Colorado Crime
Stoppers at 1 800 222-TIPS (8477) or 1 800 444-
3776 or www.crimeshurt.com.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_16396778?source=commented-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Match308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If youre LE (Patrol) and you have'nt had your ass kicked, you haven't been doing it long enough. </div></div>

That's what my cop friends tell me.

Got my ass kicked twice.
1) 14yr old boy with down syndrome , absolutly the strongest person I have every delt with , recieved severl good bruses , busted lip and black eye simpley trying to restrain him
2) 90lb female hit me in the face with a half full Crown Royal bottle from accross the room then attacked me while I wallowed in the pain of a broke nose , she kicked my knee and scratched the piss out of me

both situation I don't think could have ended better , I did not want to cause any damage to the boy as he haden't done anything wrong , mom call 911 cause he was throwing a temper tantrum , does that justify killing him?
The woman , well taking a hit in the face with a heavy glass bottle sort of disstracts you

The thing is this officer may have gotten into the situation while the per was calm , everything was goin good and he lowered his guard and the per took advantage. I can tell you one good punch to the head and you can be knocked out at which point the oficer coulden't do anything buy lay their and get stomped. Would better hand to hand training helped that? , a taser?
Everybody can make assesments on what happened but unless you were their you can't say what you would have done

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sucks to get your ass kicked but it comes with the territory. If you come out of this career without any scars, scrapes or bruises you probably didn't accomplish a whole lot. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Match308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If youre LE (Patrol) and you have'nt had your ass kicked, you haven't been doing it long enough. </div></div>

+1 Amen
Ass kicked several times in 30 yrs - goes with territory in patrol. Learn a new lesson every time it happens.

Electronic Control Devices reduce liability to city/county/state. Bottom line is when municipalities have to spend money to defend use of force cases, it hurts the tax payer. When deployed properly, ECDs can save lives and officers from getting injured, injuries that often puts sworn officers out on medical retirement. Of course some LEO want the Med Ret but that is a whole other issue. To say that using an ECD is not good police work is just poor information/training on this tool. In my opinion, the ECD is the most advanced tool introduced to LEO since the radio. The biggest hurdle with this tool is public education. They have been led to believe by the media that it is a portable electric chair.

My only comment on the assault is I hope the guy fully recovers and is back on the beat soon.

J. Boyette, This is directed to you and you can take as friendly or foe, I don't care.
I posted that I am critical of LEOs but find this Ass Kick to be abhorrent. Do you get that?
Where in that post did I sideline coach what went down?
I didn't say he sould have or should not have done anything.
I asked if it might not be wise to Taser gun this asshole rather than go physical with him.
Unless the Boulder PD has no training at all I would think that a SGT. might have some kind of training as to the use of Taser guns.
I stated what I knew about the situation and only asked questions, you took it to another level. There are many good answers on this thread that I didn't know. If you don't know, ask questions and hope for good answers. That is what I did.
While in the Army I learned about officers, don't question them, they are always right, and by the way always address them as Sir. Therefore,Sir I defer to you. Regards, FM

JB By the way, if I had been there and being a CCW permit holder I would not have hesitated to have been in the fight.
It would not have been my first firefight as I attened Uncle Sugar's guided hunts in Sunny Southeast Asia.
Uncle Sugar provided us with air transport, water in canteens, a lot of box lunches and a Guide named Sir. All the rounds we could shoot until it got shitty and put us on a hunt where the landowners were hostile.
I digress, Have you been on any of these hunts before?
It would not be the first time I Busted a Cap.
I don't know how to make those little things that show a CIB etc at the bottom but mine have a few purple ribbons and Bronze one too. Thank you SIR. FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My opinion, Tasers should be banned. Anything that is warranting the use of such a device, is worthy of having a real trigger pulled. Less problems, and less costs in the end.

Way I see it, 99 cases out of a dozen, the "suspect" will either comply, or fight/flight. Those who comply are not the problem, and those who don't, well.... we really don't need those problems to begin with, right?

Don't do the crap that get's the LEO's attention or focus. Clean up the court system. </div></div>

+ 1 iam not a cow or a sheep... so dont treat me like one with a tazer gun

not saying i do stuff like that in the first place but seems any more cops are tazer crazy, you even look at them wrong and out comes the tazer gun

No tool on your belt, not even a Taser, is a substitute for the multitude of skills which bring it to bear and make it effective. I'm not saying that when we get hurt it's all our fault, but I am saying that every time I got hurt I learned something about my own skills and experience level, and that of my department.

Foul Mike,

Ok I am glad you feel the way you do about your point of view.

John

It seems to me, that my thoughts previous aren't as straight as I'd intended. Let me untwist, for clarity.

The general public's attitude towards authority and leaders is negligible, and disdainful. In almost all aspects of society. At least, that is how it appears, up here. From what little we know of the happenings 'down south', it is worse. Apparently. I know when I was young, Police Officers were to be respected and listened to.

Now I know that EVERY tangent of humanity has it's bad apples, but that is not the reason for the lower regard for the law and it's enforcers. Compared to say, 30 years ago.

I don't want to imagine what things are going to be like 30 years from now. As stated above, for the bastards who're disdainful, disregarding, (evading/escaping/fighting) whatever, I say we can use less of them. That is just what I say. Not preaching, or trying to convince.

Just explaining my end. Integrity and Honor is ALSO knowing when you've screwed up. Manning up to your mistakes is part of maturing. Denying it, evading it, and just plain "pretending it didn't happen" is not something to which Respect is earned.

In all walks of life.

I personally see the evolution of Pistol to Taser is inevitable as Taser to whistle. Stop, or I'll yell "Stop" again.

Look at England, how's that working out for them? Oooohhh, but they're "more civilized." RRrrrriiiigggghhhtt.

History is bound to repeat itself. Tex, I'm going to go read some of your links now. Maybe I'm off my nut. Just the way I see things, is all.

Broken elbow and clavicle. I'm quite sure their are lots of folks on here who have never broken either of those bones on some one else in unison. I willing to bet that perp had some training. I am also equally sure officer was down and hurt before he knew he was in a fight. The perp then followed up with breaking a few ribs, this is a standard practice in several Japo arts.

Gator, post videos and pics of these actions along with the back story if you don't mind. Kudos for the worf video. Please tell us what the last fight you were in were you broke multiple bones. Again didn't happen if no photos or videos. Please give us what "you think happened" as well.

I have just completed reading all the posts on this thread.

Im constantly astonished at the " I would bust a cap in their asses" brigade...

let me tell you what happens to anyone who shoots a fleeing perp in the back : HE GETS INDICTED FOR MURDER....

Let me tell you what happens if you send rounds in the direction of a cop who is chasing a fleeing perp: HE SHOOTS YOU INSTEAD BECAUSE HE THINKS YOU AND THE PERP ARE BUDDIES !

Have any of you morons ever had to shoot anyone ?

Any of you know what happens tissue and muscle when a bullet enters a human body ?

Phydog and some of the other professional cops have it right on the button... You cant do a job like that and not get a few scars in the course of your career.

The cop in Boulder was probably a fat overweight fuck who ate too many doughnuts and Lattes and hadnt been in the gym for a few decades.

You have to to a fit, tough sonofabitch to do that job. You have to be prepared to encounter someone who is as tough as you and that could probably kick your ass. You have to be able to only rely on your ability to outfight the perp with your fists and feet because you know through years of experience that if you shoot him in the back your gonna end up in jail yourself. You got to be prepared to take a few knocks along the way.

if you are not prepared to do any/all of the above then dont be a cop... Drive a school bus instead because putting on a uniform and a gun you will be more of a danger to yourself than the perp.

Just remember that any damm fool can pull a trigger. Its living with the consequences of your actions in the long run that decide the outcome of your life.

Get em Tex. We see eye to eye. I completely understand. Been there done that. I read a lot of your post and have yet to read one I disagree with. I worked alone in rural areas with NO backup for many years, the thought is always in the back of your mind. Just part of the job.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have just completed reading all the posts on this thread.

Im constantly astonished at the " I would bust a cap in their asses" brigade...

let me tell you what happens to anyone who shoots a fleeing perp in the back : HE GETS INDICTED FOR MURDER....

Let me tell you what happens if you send rounds in the direction of a cop who is chasing a fleeing perp: HE SHOOTS YOU INSTEAD BECAUSE HE THINKS YOU AND THE PERP ARE BUDDIES !

Have any of you morons ever had to shoot anyone ?

Any of you know what happens tissue and muscle when a bullet enters a human body ?

Phydog and some of the other professional cops have it right on the button... You cant do a job like that and not get a few scars in the course of your career.

The cop in Boulder was probably a fat overweight fuck who ate too many doughnuts and Lattes and hadnt been in the gym for a few decades.

You have to to a fit, tough sonofabitch to do that job. You have to be prepared to encounter someone who is as tough as you and that could probably kick your ass. You have to be able to only rely on your ability to outfight the perp with your fists and feet because you know through years of experience that if you shoot him in the back your gonna end up in jail yourself. You got to be prepared to take a few knocks along the way.

if you are not prepared to do any/all of the above then dont be a cop... Drive a school bus instead because putting on a uniform and a gun you will be more of a danger to yourself than the perp.

Just remember that any damm fool can pull a trigger. Its living with the consequences of your actions in the long run that decide the outcome of your life.

</div></div>

I agree with most of this except this: "The cop in Boulder was probably a fat overweight fuck who ate too many doughnuts and Lattes and hadnt been in the gym for a few decades. " Which is speculative and uncalled for. The officers picture is here( http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_16396778?source=commented- )

It helps to be fit and "tough" however i know two local police women personally. Both have been on the job over five years. Neither one is over 140 lbs and both seem to be able to perform their jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texagator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Finris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gator, post videos and pics of these actions along with the back story if you don't mind. Kudos for the worf video. Please tell us what the last fight you were in were you broke multiple bones. Again didn't happen if no photos or videos. Please give us what "you think happened" as well. </div></div>
I will neither speculate upon nor make assertions of fact about the training and skill level of the suspect involved in a violent encounter that occurred hundreds of miles away from me. I also don't post work-related reports, videos, crimes scene photos, and case file materials on the internet. That's a good way to be fired and then prosecuted.

A few rhetorical questions for you: How many assault reports have you taken? How many assault calls have you responded to? How many homicide scenes have you been on? How many serious fights have you seen outside the dojo?

Let it go. You were speculating.

</div></div>
I'm sorry! I obviously forgot your LEO. I'm in ah really. DFW keeps statistics do they not?Please go and look for those three specific types of injuries elbow,clavicle, and ribs. What are they? I will concede the fact that every thing falls under speculation, due too not having interviewed or doing the physical work up on officer. I'm also sure since you are so adept at writing reports that you are familiar with SOAP charting. Subjective=what you are told. O=objective what you find and see for yourself. A=assessment. P=plan. That being said this came from a paper and yes you can fill volumes with what you don't read. I made a very educated guess as to how that occurred. My guess is upheld in court far more often than an officers. Where back to education and years of experience to make those guess and be right more than wrong.

Finris, I will have to disagree with you. I have sustained multiple broken bones in fights with suspects, and or suspects girl friend/wife/babymomma. Some of them were from the suspect, some were from getting smacked in the hand with an SL30 by a fellow officer. No I will not post videos or give specifics. Casts and stitches followed by some crap ass light duty job are part of the life. Never underestimate the fact that a guy can get a lucky swing and take advantage of you when you are dazed or down. I tell all of my FTO's that if a fight is coming to get ugly in a hurry. Every fight you get in as a cop is a fight for your life. That is something that is hard to get across to people. If a suspect gets you down, there is a real chance that they will try to get your weapon. If this happens, somebody is going to be handing your next of kin a flag. Tasers, like every other piece of equipment you can deploy in a use of force situation, have a place. They can be misused just like anything else. The worst injury I have seen, other than from a pistol, that a suspect sustained in a fight was from a ticket book. You don't know my job. I don't throw rocks at you while you mow, so don't tell me how to do mine.
XXX OOO
Patrick

DODGE268, interesting comment: that every fight involving an officer also involves a weapon - brought to the conflict by the officer.

I always find it intriguing when people begin talking at each other about 'kicking' other people's 'asses'. I was never able to predict, with any degree of accuracy worth betting my life on, who could and who couldn't kick my ass. Not until they tried. So, now I care less whether I think someone else can or can't and more whether they are about to try.

Which may be another reason why, like Phylo, I, too, am not a fan of Tasers for serious work. But I admit that they do have their place - like in the courthouse, the waiting room, and perhaps the hotel lobby.

It's a concept probably worth repeating - in both directions on the chain of command.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Quite the Statement,Eddio.No Speculation on Your Part,is there ? Love to see you run your mouth like that around his Fellow Officers.
laugh.gif

I love message forums! I also love to see everyone attacks each other like rabbid dogs!

I think the OP was just asking a simple question maybe he didnt know about? I do like some of the answers though!

What is that old saying? Opionions are like assholes everyone has them and they all stink... or something like that?

Sandrat:

Out of curiosity

1) Are you a cop ?

2) Ever put on a uniform and a gun ?

I have, got the scars to prove it as well !

All opinions are greatly respected. Those opinions of you that have walked in the shoes of 1. or 2. are those that really count because they are based upon EXPERIENCE.....

Got a Buddy who is a cop in Ireland. he is 5:8.: about 170lbs yes, short by the standards of a cop.... he is one of the toughest motherfuckers I have ever come across in my life. Seen him knock out cold a guy about 6:2, 220lbs with a single punch once. Uniform cops over here dont carry firearms so he relies on what he has, speed and agility , an ASP Baton and a ferocious left hand... he is the first person to tell you that everyone doing that job has to stay ahead of the bad guys. Fail to do it even once and your fucked. You get your ass kicked !... he is also the first one to tell you, you only have yourself to blame for it as well.

So you dont like my comments about the cop in Boulder being a fat overweight fuck who ate too many doughnuts and hadnt seen the inside of a gym in decades.... Well fuck all I can do about that !

I see no news in an LEO taking an ass whoopin. How many people in how many different jobs take one in any given day? Some days you are fine(most) and there are always a few when you may have to lay one on or stop one from happening to you. I have seen everyone from Soldiers, Marines, Bikers, Jocks and Cops take an ass whoopin and have both given and recieved my share, albeit the latter when I was under age 17 before I learned how to stop it.
Ass Whoopins are nothing new in any job, especially the cops

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoopins are nothing new in any job, especially the cops</div></div>Except that if you get one as a cop you're doin' it wrong.
laugh.gif

J. Boyette, It is a good thing they have Mods on this site. Otherwise you would have been host to how much of a punk I think you are.
Your answer to my questions was,"OK I'm glad you feel the way you do about your point of view."???
What part of a question do you not understand? I am not quarterbacking the LEO. Just asking questions.
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Read the first post.
You,SIR, are thr source of problems and not the answer.
You are the reason people like me use the word SIR in contempt rather than in respect.
I look forward to your reply. SIR Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sandrat:

Out of curiosity

1) Are you a cop ?

All opinions are greatly respected. Those opinions of you that have walked in the shoes of 1. or 2. are those that really count because they are based upon EXPERIENCE.....

Got a Buddy who is a cop in Ireland. he is 5:8.: about 170lbs yes, short by the standards of a cop.... he is one of the toughest motherfuckers I have ever come across in my life. Seen him knock out cold a guy about 6:2, 220lbs with a single punch once. Uniform cops over here dont carry firearms so he relies on what he has, speed and agility , an ASP Baton and a ferocious left hand... he is the first person to tell you that everyone doing that job has to stay ahead of the bad guys. Fail to do it even once and your fucked. You get your ass kicked !... he is also the first one to tell you, you only have yourself to blame for it as well.

So you dont like my comments about the cop in Boulder being a fat overweight fuck who ate too many doughnuts and hadnt seen the inside of a gym in decades.... Well fuck all I can do about that ! </div></div>

Point I was Making,Eddio,Former LEO or not,you are just assuming just as most on this thread have.Unless you have facts the rest of us don't,makes you an "Armchair Quarterback" the same as us "Civvies" on here.

For all you know,He was Drinkin' too much Beer and Eatin' too many Brats while Watchin' Football on TV !!!!
laugh.gif

Foul Mike,

At any time you think I care how you respond to me or others think again.

You do as you do.

John

I'm all for Tasers as long as there is a camera mounted underneath it and they post the video on Youtube like this one.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2sdw0X_Hxo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2sdw0X_Hxo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Foul Mike,

you know what, after I sat back and thought about this. I am sorry for fucking with you.

Its wrong for two adults to act like idiots. I would bet you $100 that if we where face to face we would get along just fine.

Have a good weekend

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sandrat:

Out of curiosity

1) Are you a cop ?

So you dont like my comments about the cop in Boulder being a fat overweight fuck who ate too many doughnuts and hadnt seen the inside of a gym in decades.... Well fuck all I can do about that ! </div></div>

Point I was Making,Eddio,Former LEO or not,you are just assuming just as most on this thread have.Unless you have facts the rest of us don't,makes you an "Armchair Quarterback" the same as us "Civvies" on here.

For all you know,He was Drinkin' too much Beer and Eatin' too many Brats while Watchin' Football on TV !!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Still Havent answered my question !

And no im not a former LEO. Im a former soldier. 16+years..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddieo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sandrat:

Out of curiosity

1) Are you a cop ?

</div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Still Havent answered my question !

And no im not a former LEO. Im a former soldier. 16+years.. </div></div>

You sure as Hell "Implied" You Were a Cop in your first post

You are Kidding aren't you ? LEO's on here will tell you Military Experience is not a substitute for LE Experience in these situations.I've seen that posted plenty of times.

I'm not about to get into a Dick Measuring Contest,seems I got you pretty excited by not answering your Question,Eddio.
grin.gif

Being a Former EOD Tech with 6yrs,8mos,and 14 days active ARMY,the entire State of OK and 52 Counties in N.Texas for EOD support,I've rubbed elbows with plenty of LEO's.

Now you can answer a Question.Was it Doughnuts and Lattes,or Beer and Brats ? Any good Armchair QB ought to know the Answer to that !
laugh.gif

J. Boyette, I too have looked at it all and agree that we would probably be friends.
Don't judge a book by it's cover, there may be something in there that you don't know nor expected.
With that, I wish you well and God speed in your endevors. Respectfully, FM

It is best when there are happy endings.
I didn't like being told to shut up, however I understand JB wanting to tell me that.
I have a son in LE, so my questions do have a vested interest.
That being said, "All is cool with me." And I now have a new found respect for J.Boyette.
Don't be too quick to judge me as I ask questions. There may be a reason for them. I want my son to be able to come back to me healthy and able to walk and talk.
When I post with criticism of some LEO thing it will be easy to tell I didn't like some thing or another, and I will post if I don't like it or think it wrong.
With that I close again with, God Speed to you J. Boyette, stay safe and be careful. Regards, FM