• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leofoto tripods

So what’s the consensus 364 or 404? Also will an anvil 30 work on any of these or is the rrs universal leveling base a better option?
TA-3 and Anvil 30 with series 3 adapter will drop into the 364. The 404 is a 100mm bowl so the same configurations would not work, however I would imagine the TA-4 would work. The 404 is just a pig though, too big and heavy IMO. The 364 is heavy compared to a RRS for that matter.

Reactions: kriller134
RRS TA-3 with Clamp on LN-364C using included leofoto video bowl.

Works perfectly. Smooth, lots of adjustment for tensioning (more or less resistance while traversing) and locks up totally solid when cranked down. My wobble zone went from 1.5MOA with the hog saddle to 1MOA with TA-3 as measured by a scaled target and dry fire adapter. With Tripod at standing height.

Last edited:
Any more comments from the Leofoto owners? Wishing you went another tripod Co?

I'm thinking of getting the RRS Anvil30 and topping off a 364C or.... ???

I've got a aluminum Manfrotto 055 and a pistol grip head, it kinda sucks.

Advise please???

Any more comments from the Leofoto owners? Wishing you went another tripod Co?

I'm thinking of getting the RRS Anvil30 and topping off a 364C or.... ???

I've got a aluminum Manfrotto 055 and a pistol grip head, it kinda sucks.

Advise please???

I still like my 364c but I'm thinking real hard about a rrs/anvil setup.

The leofoto is solid but for what I do which is mostly hunting, the weight and smaller apex of the rrs would be a massive improvement. I'm trying to decide between a 33 and 24l.

Reactions: PAPPs and steve123
I still like my 364c but I'm thinking real hard about a rrs/anvil setup.

The leofoto is solid but for what I do which is mostly hunting, the weight and smaller apex of the rrs would be a massive improvement. I'm trying to decide between a 33 and 24l.
This is my first post.

I have been looking at most all tripod combos and my use is mainly potential long range elk hunting. I say "potential" because we just never know what shot we goingnto have presented .

The terrain I hunt will require minimun of a seat shot or standing shot. Very unkikely for a bipod prone setup and I am wanting to test how far I can ethically take a shot at various postions at various yardages so I can set them in stone for my max shots.

I think I want to purchase RSS but am also undecided which tripod to get. While I want the lightest for sure I am comcerned about getting the most stable serup even if that means bending a bit fir the shot. I will be testing out to 800 yds.

Has anyone here tested both the 33 and 24 in srandard amd long lengths?

I am comcerned about stability of the L series but would get one if I can get the right feedback on them

I am going to order in the next couple days so would appreciate any help if you have tried these out.

Gun weighs about 9.3 with 26in barrel.

I have used the 364C for a couple years. I am using a RRS 55mm ball head since this time last year. I love the tripod and do not regret getting it at all. I mostly use this for spotting at matches. If I did more hunting with a tripod and field matches I think I would seriously look into the RRS Tripod legs on the Anvil 30 with the Apex given the legs fold up so tight. I will say, the Anvil I have played with at multiple matches, I am not a fan of it for spotting. I find I use the pan on my BH a ton and the Anvil attached by the stud only does not give that ability. The Anvil that a buddy has also has a weird sticky spot where you can completely unclamp/release tension with no movement from binos/ball head. You then have to break the tension by moving the binos and I usually wack myself in the face with them.

Also, I have tried to see if the Anvil Apex fits the 364C legs and sadly it does not work.

Has anyone here tested both the 33 and 24 in srandard amd long lengths?

I am comcerned about stability of the L series but would get one if I can get the right feedback on them
I have a 34 w/ BH55 and my buddy has a 24L w/ anvil 30, both are stable. We used his 24L and anvil 30 at Mammoth last year because it was lighter and we did not know how much we would actually be allowed to use a tripod. There was one stage where it benefitted to hump a tripod and did very well on that stage. We also shot at the W.A.R. Rifles Shootout PRS match where RRS had a stage that made competitors use a 24L and anvil 30. The targets there started around 600 and out past 800. I was able to engage 6 out of 8 targets but only made it out to 700+ yards my buddy was able to hit 5 out of 8 targets but hit the 800+ target. Our rifles weigh 18-19lbs FYI.

I think you have to look at like this: if you want the most stable go with the 33 or 34 and whatever ball head you want. If you need lightweight and still be pretty stable go with the 24L and the avil 30. I have not tried the leveling base but that maybe the best lightweight set up. Also I'm 5'10" and the 34 fits me like a dream, my buddy is 6'4" and he needs the L version so be aware of that. One last note, I have never regretted buying my RRS tripod, ever.

Last edited:
I have a 34 w/ BH55 and my buddy has a 24L w/ anvil 30, both are stable. We used his 24L and anvil 30 at Mammoth last year because it was lighter and we did not know how much we would actually be allowed to use a tripod. There was one stage where it benefitted to hump a tripod and did very well on that stage. We also shot at the W.A.R. Rifles Shootout PRS match where RRS had a stage that made competitors use a 24L and anvil 30. The targets there started around 600 and out past 800. I was able to engage 6 out of 8 targets but only made it out to 700+ yards my buddy was able to hit 5 out of 8 targets but hit the 800+ target. Our rifles weigh 18-19lbs FYI.

I think you have to look at like this: if you want the most stable go with the 33 or 34 and whatever ball head you want. If you need lightweight and still be pretty stable go with the 24L and the avil 30. I have not tried the leveling base but that maybe the best lightweight set up. Also I'm 5'10" and the 34 fits me like a dream, my buddy is 6'4" and he needs the L version so be aware of that. One last note, I have never regretted buying my RRS tripod, ever.

Do you shoot on a lot of uneven ground? I'm about 6'3" and the 33/anvil combo at 60.85" looks like it would be about perfect for me except for a standing shot where the tripod is downhill. I'm really leaning toward the 33 for the stability and speed advantage having one less leg section.

Uneven yes but maybe not as extreme as you. I shoot 50% on a flat range and 50% in fields, however I don't shoot severe down hill. With my legs fully extended its the perfect height for my spotting scopes or LRF to my eyeball. If I want to shoot standing on flat ground I need to collapse the legs about 10inches and that puts the BH55 at chest height for me. So if your 6'3" and plan on using a spotter I would go with the "L" version. My buddy always complain about my spotter height now that I don't run a center column tripod anymore.

Uneven yes but maybe not as extreme as you. I shoot 50% on a flat range and 50% in fields, however I don't shoot severe down hill. With my legs fully extended its the perfect height for my spotting scopes or LRF to my eyeball. If I want to shoot standing on flat ground I need to collapse the legs about 10inches and that puts the BH55 at chest height for me. So if your 6'3" and plan on using a spotter I would go with the "L" version. My buddy always complain about my spotter height now that I don't run a center column tripod anymore.

It's flat where I am and I'm only planning on using it for shooting. Spotting is where he needs the extra height it sounds like. I should be good then.

RRS TA-3 with clamp really sucks. Both my Seekins SP10 6.5 with Seekins ARCA adapter and my RPR with built in Arca slide out of the clamp during recoil.

Any idea if I can take this apart and add tension?

Reactions: 45cal4life
I have the Anvil 30 on the 364, and it works great with my rifle or spotter. Rifle is 16.6 lbs. with empty mag, and no slippage. Tripod seems very robust, and functions very smoothly. I would buy again.

RRS TA-3 with clamp really sucks. Both my Seekins SP10 6.5 with Seekins ARCA adapter and my RPR with built in Arca slide out of the clamp during recoil.

Any idea if I can take this apart and add tension?
This what you said in post #107.."Works perfectly. Smooth, lots of adjustment for tensioning (more or less resistance while traversing) and locks up totally solid when cranked down. My wobble zone went from 1.5MOA with the hog saddle to 1MOA with TA-3 as measured by a scaled target and dry fire adapter. With Tripod at standing height.".
So now you are saying it sucks?

This what you said in post #107.."Works perfectly. Smooth, lots of adjustment for tensioning (more or less resistance while traversing) and locks up totally solid when cranked down. My wobble zone went from 1.5MOA with the hog saddle to 1MOA with TA-3 as measured by a scaled target and dry fire adapter. With Tripod at standing height.".
So now you are saying it sucks?

Yep. I guess as we spend more time with stuff issues can come to light. It’s great that we have a running thread to share updated information, right?

In that same quote you will notice I said I was dry firing. In the more recent comment, you might notice I was talking about recoil. (Live fire.) :unsure:

Yep. I guess as we spend more time with stuff issues can come to light. It’s great that we have a running thread to share updated information, right?

In that same quote you will notice I said I was dry firing. In the more recent comment, you might notice I was talking about recoil. (Live fire.) :unsure:

You are probably doing something wrong.

You are probably doing something wrong.

Yeah; you’re right. I mean, I have another thread where it turns out adding tension to these things is a common modification. You’re right though; I’m too dumb to close a clamp lever. My bad guy, I will open it and close it one more time. Properly this time. (y)

I was thinking about upgrading to exactly this setup. Now that you've had it a while, what is the long-Term review?
If you are referring to the leveling base, I sold it shortly after making that post. The RRS leveling base is a great piece, however, It does not pan worth a crap by itself. In order to get the smooth panning that I wanted when using binos, a panning clamp would need to be added. I think with the RRS panning clam added, it would be perfect. I just wasn’t willing to spend that much more money on it and decided to stick with my ballhead. I have been quite satisfied with the ballhead route.
As far as the tripod, I am 100% satisfied with it, especially since I bought it early before the price increase.

Yeah; you’re right. I mean, I have another thread where it turns out adding tension to these things is a common modification. You’re right though; I’m too dumb to close a clamp lever. My bad guy, I will open it and close it one more time. Properly this time. (y)
Use a rail, mount etc that is RRS dovetail standard and there is a good bet you won't have issues, something else who knows.

I run a 404C with an Anvil-30. I upgraded to the Leofoto right before the Snipershide Cup (which is always a super tripod heavy match) this year when my PRST had some issues. Sure it's heavier than the 364 but carrying the extra weight around didn't bother me and it's crazy solid for shooting standing. I wouldn't take it hunting real far but for team matches where you do a lot of tripod shooting, it's super solid and I didn't find it to be an issue to carry it, all my gear and a 20+lbs rifle around all weekend and we still did pretty well ;)

Reactions: Skullboy
Use a rail, mount etc that is RRS dovetail standard and there is a good bet you won't have issues, something else who knows.
This. The RRS levers are awesome but only work well with rails that are actually cut to the proper RRS dovetail spec (which is the spec everyone should be using, imo)

Reactions: Skullboy