• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Leopard attack

Re: Leopard attack

The "King" of beast's gives a pucker too:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CNgwZgoKFc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CNgwZgoKFc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Leopard attacks are rarely fatal. They latch on your top end and claw at your guts.

That's why it's called "dangerous game", get the book "Death in the Long Grass" by Capstick.........it's a good read and you'll have a much greater appreciation of why hunting big game in Africa is so special (to hunters!)

I can highly recommend "Death in the long grass" by Capstick, a fantastic read from start to finish.

Leopards don't bluff, it's all or nothing.

Wow, that would certainly get my heart rate up. It is easy to forget how squishy and defenseless people are without their technology.

That lion was an absolute tank as well.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on “Death in the Long Grass,” it is in the mail now. I am really looking forward to reading it.

i notice 2 shots that are WAY above the lepord , looks like the guy totaly lost it before it even got to him , if you cant control your fear ,this dosent look like your cup of tea . lucky the cat was running out of steam when it grabbed him .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is easy to forget how squishy and defenseless people are without their technology.
</div></div>
+1

I have read Death in the Long Grass a long time ago, and I really liked it. Capstick's other books are good too.

Ghogs Nightmare said:
The "King" of beast's gives a pucker too:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CNgwZgoKFc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CNgwZgoKFc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> [/quote i think this is a high fence hunt and the lion has been shot once already

Well the one in the video would certainly have been fatal if the Leopard had not been shot! Human's are fragile, the Leopard is pound for pound the most powerful Predator and will make short work of any human being. Perhaps you are confusing Leopard with Cheetah?

Also be know that that Leopard had spent the night in the bush with a bullet in it, hardly fresh...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did yall see all the insane libs making nasty comments on youtube, hoping that the hunter would have died. </div></div>

they let some ridiculous remarks fly, but it wasn't quite as bad as i've gotten on my stuff.
SO i made a little tribute video complete with lyrics showing all the wild shit the "anti-hunters" love to say.
YouTube is literally like an online battle zone where anyone with an internet connection gets to talk all big and bad. its funny.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeC6BxWZnxM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeC6BxWZnxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did yall see all the insane libs making nasty comments on youtube, hoping that the hunter would have died. </div></div>

they let some ridiculous remarks fly, but it wasn't quite as bad as i've gotten on my stuff.
SO i made a little tribute video complete with lyrics showing all the wild shit the "anti-hunters" love to say.
YouTube is literally like an online battle zone where anyone with an internet connection gets to talk all big and bad. its funny.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeC6BxWZnxM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeC6BxWZnxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Well I for one am glad to see your still alive. With all those posts on you-tube your a big target for the anti hunting activists to hunt lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did yall see all the insane libs making nasty comments on youtube, hoping that the hunter would have died. </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeC6BxWZnxM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeC6BxWZnxM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

That is some funny stuff, you need to work on the singing though.. Haha, nice video.

I've read some of Peter Capstick's books - he was a professional hunter/guide in Africa for many years and very good at writing about it. I believe he said that the most dangerous situation was when one of his clients wounded but didn't kill a leopard, as he then had to go after it. Imagine the most angry pissed off cat you've met, and think of how much damage it could cause and how difficult it would be to catch it or otherwise defend yourself. Now imagine it is anywhere from 6-10 times that size.

He quite literally would don an armor coat he made for himself. It was some very heavy leather would a steel collar. Dangerous game is dangerous game for a reason!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TargetTerror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read some of Peter Capstick's books - he was a professional hunter/guide in Africa for many years and very good at writing about it. I believe he said that the most dangerous situation was when one of his clients wounded but didn't kill a leopard, as he then had to go after it. Imagine the most angry pissed off cat you've met, and think of how much damage it could cause and how difficult it would be to catch it or otherwise defend yourself. Now imagine it is anywhere from 6-10 times that size.

He quite literally would don an armor coat he made for himself. It was some very heavy leather would a steel collar. Dangerous game is dangerous game for a reason! </div></div>

and what's your point?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TargetTerror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read some of Peter Capstick's books - he was a professional hunter/guide in Africa for many years and very good at writing about it. I believe he said that the most dangerous situation was when one of his clients wounded but didn't kill a leopard, as he then had to go after it. Imagine the most angry pissed off cat you've met, and think of how much damage it could cause and how difficult it would be to catch it or otherwise defend yourself. Now imagine it is anywhere from 6-10 times that size.

He quite literally would don an armor coat he made for himself. It was some very heavy leather would a steel collar. Dangerous game is dangerous game for a reason! </div></div>

and what's your point? </div></div>

the viciousness of leopards?

That cat had better be glad I wasn't there, it woulda got that ass whoopt for disturbin' the peace.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well the one in the video would certainly have been fatal if the Leopard had not been shot! Human's are fragile, the Leopard is pound for pound the most powerful Predator and will make short work of any human being. Perhaps you are confusing Leopard with Cheetah?

Also be know that that Leopard had spent the night in the bush with a bullet in it, hardly fresh... </div></div>

No, I was speaking directly of Leopards. They maul many more than they kill. I would be more afraid of Hippo or Lion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They maul many more than they kill. I would be more afraid of Hippo or Lion. </div></div>

I guarantee you would be pretty afraid during the mauling and lucky to survive it if the Leopard is not dispatched. Again no human is even a close match to a leopard, if it wants you dead and you don't shoot it, you are dead.