• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leopold Mark4 1.5-5X20mm scope??'s

titus7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Ridgecrest, California
Are any of you running this scope?? leopold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle I keep seeing it and thinking about it. I have a 308 AR that is mainly set up for cqb but would like to be able to reach out and tag a target at 500yds if I wanted/needed to. I keep debating an eotech or aimpoint because of the quick target acquisition but havent bought one because I know that hitting a target out to 500-600yards wouldnt be easily achieved with just a dot... very accurately. Correct me if Im wrong or help me go in the right direction. I also havent looked too much beyond leopold because of the cost.

So any suggestions or input.

Re: Leopold Mark4 1.5-5X20mm scope??'s

I'm currently running a ior 1.5-8 cqb which I really do love but my buddy just mounted the loopy 1.5-5 and I gotta say its NICE. I think I may trade out only because the loopy is a bit more compact and quite a bit lighter. As far as speed goes my ior and that loopy are super fast on the lower settings. When compared to the aimpoints and eotechs its negligible in my opinion and I have played with them all.

I have one that I am running on a M1A chopmod. I like the extra magnification for when I need to make the long shots during the 3 gun competitions. I works pretty good.

Great scope for an AR-10. Great Reticle, Great M2 Turrets. Has about 120moa of reticle movement and many holdover points on the reticle. Lightweight and a good value for the money.

Only negative is Leupold doesn't include a .308 elevation dial.

I run one on a Noveske SPR and have no problem ringing the 500 yard 12" gong. You can pick one up used for pretty reasonable. I would reccomend it.

I have one and took it off my AR. I was using it for 3 gun comps and found the 1.5 setting was difficult for very close ranges. I swithced to the Burris XTR series in the 1-4x with the lit bdc reticle. It is much faster than the leupy for the close stuff. But this depends on what your using it for. I needed something was good for ranges between 3 and 500 and the burris fits the bill nicely. Price is around $550-600.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">K sounds good. does anyone know of anyone ro any place to pick one up for a good price??? </div></div>

Just received my Mk IV 1.5-5x20 from Scott at Liberty Optics on Saturday.

At the risk of striking a familiar chord to regular visitors of the Hide, Scott's service is outstanding, and I don't believe you'll find a more competitive price for one of these. I was considering buying a nice used one, but Scott made that impossible - brand new for very little more money.

Highly recommended.