• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lesson learned, appreciate the PM

My group at NASA Ames made experimental suits.
AX-2

AX-3

AX-5, which I worked on.

All three are at the Udvar-Hazy Center-aka the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum annex at Dulles.
One AX-5 is at JSC.
Parts of the AX-5 have gone on to inform the next generation high pressure/zero-prebreathe suits.

To make this thread relevant and more edgy, I prefer Borka torque tools.....and ILC top brass were corrupt MFers back in the day.

Attachments

• F0EDE8D9-4041-42D9-8FB1-D16A387A011D.jpeg
    F0EDE8D9-4041-42D9-8FB1-D16A387A011D.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
She is working on her technique....everything is falling apart so she cant keep the "aperture" open long enough to develope the film....

Seems like a "hard" way of doing things.........shit, I crack myself up :LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
My bad....didn't realize we needed fractional inch pounds.

The one I showed I guess you could go between scale marks for .5 or sub half for .25.

At +\- 3% accuracy it wouldn't matter.

For something to measure inch pounds at fractional amounts and to have an accuracy rating to make it legit you must ask NASA what they use and pay accordingly.
Did you say torque wrench from nasa?

Ask her.....

1640197199935.png

Note to self - the next time that someone comes along, asks a silly question, and then gets all stubborn after getting replies they don't like, I really need to fully quote them in case they later act like a bitch and attempt to cover up the evidence.

Note to self - the next time that someone comes along, asks a silly question, and then gets all stubborn after getting replies they don't like, I really need to fully quote them in case they later act like a bitch and attempt to cover up the evidence.

Torque? What torque...I never said anything about no torque.

Ok, now we need to hear the whole story.....

1. OP asks for a 0-70 in-lb torque wrench that can adjust in 0.25 in-lb (~0.3%) increments.
2. Everyone asks WTF and says that this is generally impractical.
3. OP goes off on a tangent about barrel tuners.
4. More WTF from the peanut gallery.
5. Spacesuits? Yep - spacesuits. Apparently it's a thing amongst Hide members.
6. OP nukes thread and claims that he learned a lesson - about what, we don't know.

And now I've got a weird boner because of Marisa Tomei talking about torque wrenches. Just another day on the Hide.

• Haha
Reactions: Drew M and 1moaoff
1. OP asks for a 0-70 in-lb torque wrench that can adjust in 0.25 in-lb (~0.3%) increments.
2. Everyone asks WTF and says that this is generally impractical.
3. OP goes off on a tangent about barrel tuners.
4. More WTF from the peanut gallery.
5. Spacesuits? Yep - spacesuits. Apparently it's a thing amongst Hide members.
6. OP nukes thread and claims that he learned a lesson - about what, we don't know.

And now I've got a weird boner because of Marisa Tomei talking about torque wrenches. Just another day on the Hide.

What is the Rockwell hardness on that boner in fractional measurements......asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: cornhusker86
What is the Rockwell hardness on that boner in fractional measurements......asking for a friend.

Trying to find a tester that can measure to 0.25 points on the C scale - please stand by.