• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's Do Something for This Brave Young Man

G

His name is Riley Wells.
He and his folks live across the way from my place.
He and his twin sister Caroline were born with cerebral palsy.
His sister is wheelchair bound, and not as mobile and able as Riley.
Riley just had I think it was his 5th or 6th surgery this past weekend, and he's been having a hard time with the pain and lack of mobility. He knows it's all for the better, but he's just a boy who wants to do stuff, you know?

So I was thinking that if some of you guys could start mailing him military, police, fire, ems patches from all around the country, he'd have something to being looking forward to on a daily basis.
For privacy reasons, I'm not going to publish their mailing address here. But if you want to send him something, PM me and I'll give you the address.
He's my hero!

fTyjpYd.jpg

Last edited:
Here's Riley the day after his grueling 4 hour long hip surgery.
He has three weeks in the casts, and then a ton of PT to get through

0HJMsWD.jpg

Thanks to those who have PM'd me for the address and are sending items.
I know it will brighten his days!

A few more patches on the way to Riley!
Thanks, guys!

I'll be out most of the day today, but I'll answer your PMs when I get back.
Thanks again!

It's been a beautiful day day in these parts today, and Riley got to get outside and play with his sisters (twins just over one year old).
Please, if you can send a patch or anything from your mil unit, police, fire, ems, etc., PM me for the address. I know it's going to big hit with him.
His step dad to be is a state trooper, and I know Riley thinks public service is awesome!

Gu8y8Tx.jpg

oHk1Tbd.jpg

I had leg perthes disease in my hip when I was his age and wore the exact same cast for six months. It was tough but kids are resilient. Its a nice thing your doing for him.

Thanks. It's no effort on my part, and I hope it helps him in some small way.
We've got a few people sending him patches and notes of encouragement, but we can always use more.
PM me for the address. I just don't feel comfortable putting it in full public view.

A young woman who has been hired to help the family just came over to our place for supper and to watch hockey with my son and other friends.
She said Riley is really getting bored. He wants to scratch his stitches and he wants to ride his bike.
I'm hoping when these generous care packages begin to arrive he'll have something to keep him pre-occupied as he heals.
Thanks again to all who have contributed!

Please PM me of you want to send him something.

Aiiiight, tucker, even being the unfeeling prick I am youve worn me down. PM inbound. I think Ive got one of my old SH patches...if not Ill find something.

Here's an update from Riley's mom this evening.

1 week post-op bilateral femoral osteonomy with hip abductor lengthenings! I am so proud of this boy! He is braver, stronger, and more determined than I would have been at his age. An inspiration to many and a big smile in my heart! I love you Riley!!! 13 days left with your spica cast!

5UYWbr6.jpg

USPS says he should be getting one from me today.

Awesome!
Thanks again!

I also had the good fortune of meeting a naval officer from a carrier this weekend, and he's working on getting his captain to send some stuff to Riley.

Please, if you can send anything for this budding collector, PM me for the address.

I'll hook him up with some stuff. I have tons of patches, shirts, maybe even a digital night vision monocular laying around. I'll be gone all week, but if you think of it, hit me up mid next week and I'll put together a package for him. My number is in my sig line.

I'll do that. Thank you very much, sir!
I'll PM you the mailing address and then follow up next week.