• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's See How Twitter Handles This One...

VA-Varminter

Bad Advice Given Authoritatively
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2006
Morocco

As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I am referring, of course, to the medication hydroxychloroquine. When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.

On May 27, I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." That article, published in the world's leading epidemiology journal, analyzed five studies, demonstrating clear-cut and significant benefits to treated patients, plus other very large studies that showed the medication safety.

Physicians who have been using these medications in the face of widespread skepticism have been truly heroic. They have done what the science shows is best for their patients, often at great personal risk. I myself know of two doctors who have saved the lives of hundreds of patients with these medications, but are now fighting state medical boards to save their licenses and reputations. The cases against them are completely without scientific merit.

Since publication of my May 27 article, seven more studies have demonstrated similar benefit. In a lengthy follow-up letter, also published by AJE, I discuss these seven studies and renew my call for the immediate early use of hydroxychloroquine in high-risk patients. These seven studies include: an additional 400 high-risk patients treated by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, with zero deaths; four studies totaling almost 500 high-risk patients treated in nursing homes and clinics across the U.S., with no deaths; a controlled trial of more than 700 high-risk patients in Brazil, with significantly reduced risk of hospitalization and two deaths among 334 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine; and another study of 398 matched patients in France, also with significantly reduced hospitalization risk. Since my letter was published, even more doctors have reported to me their completely successful use.

Critical thinking, intellectual honesty, and true patient advocacy being sacrificed on the altar of remdesivir rehabilitation.

Reactions: camocorvette
Weird, the whole time i was reading the article a doomsday covid video was playing...

Coincidental...

Reactions: VA-Varminter
Twatter, EffBook, and PooToob started censoring that almost immediately... Trump JR had his account suspended for posting it, but Fapper could post an article stating the efficacy of it... Only the truly ignorant and stoopit can get in bed with these Mo&*Fu(&#)&!^'ers anymore.

Mine as well. She’s had chronic arthritis most of her life and been taking HCQ for it before it was cool...Never even thought a thing about it.

6 months ago... was prescribed without a thought. Now apparently it will kill you dead... unreal...

Watching fox news this morning and heard all that has been said about hydroxychloroquine and what means me most is that people who have been tested positive stay glue to their homes, Listening to idiots like Fauci while there's a proven cure for early detection. How can people be this stupid? Why not give it a try at least if you are not allergic to any of the components of the drug, what's the worse that could happen. anyone with half a brain would see that democrats are trying to take over the country with the aid of China and maybe Russia. it is so clear.
Applauding vandalism, encouraging destruction all over the country. people who represent states and city are saying the country should be broken down..Where are all our patriotic brother(myself included)....If trump supporters have been burning down building and killing people, This story would have been something else and they would've attacked the 2A with all they got. Purge

I said right here when I came out that probably worked, and that because Trump touted it the media would pretend it doesn’t work. I had no idea they would create fake studies and pull out all the stops on their ridiculously elaborate lies.

I posted a study by Fauci himself from 2005 calling it a miracle drug for sars-cov viruses. The reason it works on this virus is because the virus needs a receptor to attack the cell. CHQ blocks that receptor. Cov-19 attacks the same receptor. The study I posted was on the NIH website. Not some right wing conspiracy site. So what changed?

Follow the money as always. No money to be made with a 50 year old drug but billions with new vaccines. I wonder what stocks or royalty arrangements Fauci has with big pharma.