• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing LET'S SEE THOSE HOGS, RUSSIAN BOARS, PIGS

Re: LET'S SEE THOSE HOGS, RUSSIAN BOARS, PIGS

<span style="color: #CC0000">Q - Stupid question: when you knife them do you go for the carotid?</span>

A - UKDslayer - Hell no stick the knife into its heart - a pigs neck is way to thick!

<span style="color: #CC0000">Q - wuts the green stuff in there mouths? looks like a stalk of something???</span>

A - mattyboy72 - As for the stick in the pigs mouth - its a good way to aid cooling and take photo's!

Didn't get pictures of all of them but here's some from this season:

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

John

Winchester 30-30 lever action with core-lokts
South Texas
(sun was in my eyes haha)

Hog1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kokako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #CC0000">Q - Stupid question: when you knife them do you go for the carotid?</span>

A - UKDslayer - Hell no stick the knife into its heart - a pigs neck is way to thick!

<span style="color: #CC0000">Q - wuts the green stuff in there mouths? looks like a stalk of something???</span>

A - mattyboy72 - As for the stick in the pigs mouth - its a good way to aid cooling and take photo's!

</div></div>

thanks man hahahaha

Here's a few, the rest are on my home comp.

Friend and I went out in the latter part of Jan. 223 and 6.8 were used to stop this piggies from attacking us.
IMG_9432.jpg

Last Friday night saw seven misjudged the distance and missed the first one (momma) then they all went running and tagged these 3. 180 yds... LH 700, .308
010.jpg

I've shown this pic before but still proud of it... My oldest daughter 2 days before Christmas 2010.
062.jpg

Another double:

possut.jpg

and a young male boar:

kult.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, but it was -25C (-10 to -15 Fahrenheit) outside and I was mostly concerned about getting indoors after spending 4 and 2 hours, respectively, on my backpack/stool combo...

Hey hondo64d on the pepper laminated rifle you have in the pictures what barrel contour is that. Looks good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, but it was -25C (-10 to -15 Fahrenheit) outside and I was mostly concerned about getting indoors after spending 4 and 2 hours, respectively, on my backpack/stool combo...
</div></div>

Fina grisar jthyttin !
Did you shoot them in sweden?

Killed these hogs about 2 weeks ago.

This 100lb boar was taken with my sako 375 H&H.
Catogris1.jpg

This 200lb boar was taken with my old merkel drilling cal. 7x57R, had decent tusks.
90kg2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey hondo64d on the pepper laminated rifle you have in the pictures what barrel contour is that. Looks good </div></div>

#4 Brux. Brux's contours seem a little heavier than most other manufacturer's.

John

No, no you don't. It'd be different if you could control populations, but apparently that is impossible. We have a few in the southcentral part of state.

all this killin and violence is sick, harming these beautiful creatures, yall should be ashamed! To make things right send the carcuss' to me, they make good honey holes when warmed up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andersson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Fina grisar jthyttin !
Did you shoot them in sweden?</div></div>

Estonia.

Although we're planning also some trips to Sweden, prices seem reasonable. If you can PM me any contacts in Sweden I'd appreciate it.

Nice, trying to set something similar with my son.

is the best time to hunt hogs at night?

Don't know about usa but here in sweden it's evening/night hunting with feeders for sure and driven hunts with dogs during daytime.

Here's another few down... She's almost 8 (this month) and just keeps hammerin these things... total for the day was 7, all in about 35 min......
015.jpg

016.jpg

thanks,
Sean

Here's a couple I shot recently in Madisonville, Tx. with cheap Russian 5.56 55gr ball.
hogpic.jpg

Here are the teeth on the bigger hog. They're not quite as impressive as the teeth on those Hawaiian hogs.
IMG_1128-1-1.jpg

This is <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">the smartest</span></span> pig I ever got. Had to drag him out with a backhoe. He weighed about 500lbs!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">the smartest</span></span> pig I ever got. Had to drag him out with a backhoe. He weighed about 500lbs!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg
</div></div> MFL smart tool?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres a few!!
big boar with the Noveske 6.8

IMG_0493.jpg

Here is one a buddy took the same weekend. His kiddo is in the pic but it was 5 pigs with one shot. HAHA

IMG_0597.jpg
</div></div>I thought cotton trailers were extinct. haha. Module builders have put them to an end

Yes sir. 10" MFL, AKA "Smart Pig"
Just a little humour
laugh.gif

Andersson, Those are some good looking Jagdterriers you have there. I get to pick up my new puppy next month! Then the training begins

here's a mess of them i got into last winter. the rifle is a rem 700 with a pacnor 6.5-06 barrel. i'm sort of thinking of restocking and rescopeing it to some sort of long range type rifle. now it's just the factory stock and a straight 6x leupold scope. still gets the job done but the coolness factor can be upgraded.

hog2.jpg

I know some of the southern states (US) have a problem with these. Does anyone know if there is a season

No season. here is one I shot last year. Pure Russian.
IMG_0372.jpg

thunderbolt, that's a massive hog. congrats!!!

griz1b.JPG

group1b.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djones01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thunderbolt, that's a massive hog. congrats!!!

griz1b.JPG

group1b.JPG
</div></div>
Interesting rifle you have there cheif and that can is pretty impressive as well looks as if you'll be eating allot of pork chops, spare ribs, ham, and bacon for a while.

not the biggest but more of an up-close and personal technique.
Dogs+Hogs=Knife

[img:left]
15honb8.jpg
[/img]

no good kill pics but heres a before and after one from early this summer trail cam pic timing wasn't set the actual pic was about a week before

2i9r2wk.jpg
[/img]

and what there is now
2wmnleu.jpg
[/img]

Total of 34 killed last season near Sweetwater, TX. Over the last two years they've really shown more of the "Russian" traits with larger tusks and bristles on their backs. All shot with Rem 700 308, Leupold M3 Mark 4 3-10, and 180 Sierra Game Kings over 44.5 Varget.
P1010047.jpg

Day2pigpic3.jpg

IMG_20101210_172719.jpg

IMG_20110108_111911.jpg

IMG_20110109_115120.jpg

1STTac30HOG.jpg

One of several taken in one day while working on deer stand sites this summer. Jumped out of the truck on a few packs that day. It can be fun but they are like rats here, tearing up and getting into everything.

A friend shoot this boar after a great dog work. My old Jagdterrier took this one, a nice hog.

Olasgalt.jpg

Got this one monday. I meant to use my sharps 45-70 but after seeing the terrain I grabbed the .308. Ended up taking him at 30 feet in broad daylight.

His teeth have both been broken at some point and only protrude about an inch from the jaw, but his coat and coloring is awesome.
Iphonepics204-1.jpg

Iphonepics190.jpg