• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your 6 ARC build

I am still waiting on the Geissele SD-E trigger and for my AAC SDN-6 to get back from Echo Machine for the HUB conversion, but other than that the 6 ARC is done.

• LMT MARS- L MRP
  • Proof Research Carbon 18" 6 ARC barrel 1:7.5 twist Rifle +1, D. Wilson LMT Barrel conversion w/SLR Micro Gas Block
  • Rearden SPB .375/HUB
  • JP Enterprises 6mm ARC Bolt
  • Night Force ATACR 4-16x42 Mil-XT
  • Reptilia AUS 34mm 0 moa

m5JByG0.jpg

9ViyeAe.jpg

Built mine from scrap parts of other builds minus the barrel and handguard. I'm still thinking about adding a vertical grip to it and I haven't decided on a scope yet though I'm checking out the Optika 6 from Europtic since they're on sale right now. Will probably finish off with a Griffin Paladin brake and 15 MOA GPM mount since they are local to me. Might also swap the trigger for a Calvin Elite eventually but I didn't have one lying around and I didn't see any decent sales on them.

Parts List:
Rainier Arms Match Barrel 6 arc 7.5 twist 22" barrel
SgtOfArms ARCA 18" handguard
Aero Precision enhanced M4E1 upper
Magpul PRS Lite stock
Ergo Beavertail pistol grip
Anderson Lower
Rise Armament trigger

View attachment 8338438
How has that barrel treated you?

Reactions: Chris W.
It actually fits this rifle’s use well - purely long range low recoil steel shooting. Took it out to around 1400 yards even. But it’s pretty unwieldy and because I really like the cartridge, I have a 16” Proof carbon barrel getting fitted to one of my LMT MLRs. I’m going to bracket the barrel length on this cartridge like I’m bracketing mortars.

How has that barrel treated you?
The jury is still out. So far the Precision Hunter ammo has been sub-moa, but it really doesn't like Hornady Black 105's lol. Probably around 2 moa with that so far. I'm just using it to get some brass so I can see if Varget or CFE223 makes a good powder for it.

Reactions: Macht
Nothing particularly special about this one other than the Bartlein barrel, matched JP high pressure bolt, and Geissele trigger-

1708886568394.png

So far my best load (below) gets sub 0.5 MOA cold bore groups and ~0.4 MOA groups overall. SD is 4, ES is 11.

(edit- Must have forgotten to post load?)

Berger 105 BT's and Hybrids are giving similar great groups, Starline brass. I'm running 2520 well within Accurate/Hodgdon limits. The load does slightly exceed Hornady 'semi' limits, so I don't recommend to others and if you do tread there be sure to have top notch bolt like the JP high pressure or a Wilson Combat. That said, there are zero signs of pressure and I have several loads on the same batch of brass with no failures.

At least the lots of Hornady factory ammo I have shot have flattened primers and I've seen one slightly loose primer pocket upon reload. They appear to be loaded quite hot for a factory load, which seems contradictory to their very conservative load data for semi's. In the above rifle, Hornady Black shoots 1.5 MOA at best.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone hates on the exposed gas block aesthetic. On the right gun it looks pretty cool. Some people act like it'll get knocked around, like an A2 FSB wouldn't?

I don't have any issues with it, gives it a Mk12 look. I am more concerned about the gas system at the moment than aesthetics.

One of my personal 6 arc builds.

12" barrel I spun up myself, LMT Specwar upper, shorty PDW stock. Have since switched to an RC3 suppressor.

Managed to get some hits at 1,000 yards over the weekend.

22avbmS.jpg

Which carrier and bolt? Thoughts on the RC3? And what's the story with bottom side of the lower rail?

Which carrier and bolt? Thoughts on the RC3? And what's the story with bottom side of the lower rail?

Centurion sandcutter carrier, JP bolt

I'll preface by saying a 556 RC3 is definitely not meant to fit a 6mm projectile, but after some very thorough alignment checks and making a custom muzzle device, I got it to work. It had very little back pressure which is nice.

The bottom side of the rail are some bolt on ARCA adapters I came up with since I don't like the clunky one piece plates.
WljxYyg.jpg

I'm still waiting for parts to show up, but current list is:

Mega Arms billet receiver set
Xcaliber 24" heavy fluted barrel 1:7
RCA Bolt/BCG
Aero adjustable gas block
WOA handguard
Prs lite stock
Triggertech Diamond
*vortex Gen3 razor 6-36 should be here this week.
20231215_180858.jpg