• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

the godson was intown took him on a hog hunt

my buddy did pretty good at 400+ yards with the Aquila and torch pro with 3x mag

short video of the hog we shot the other night, 308 with 168 gr A-Max @ 2700FPS was hit on the move just in front of the pelvis, severing the main artery and possible hit on spine, range was 450 yards hog struggled to make 20 yards, and bled out internally with only a small spot of blood at entrence wound, leaving no blood trail at all. The comment about the Hammhock award was because the shooter is a former Marine Scout sniper, scope was Aquila 6x with troch-Pro IR and 3x mag
click on image to view

Last edited:
ya gotta love a guy who has the pig anatomy on his business card. And Gunny Hathcock would have been very happy with that shot at night. Think what he could have done with todays technology!!!!!!!!!!

SF

ya gotta love a guy who has the pig anatomy on his business card. And Gunny Hathcock would have been very happy with that shot at night. Think what he could have done with todays technology!!!!!!!!!!

SF

Amen to that! The enemy combative body count would have been even more ridiculous.

Vic

6ybujade.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I took my nephew out hunting after a long two weeks of finals and science projects for a national competition, his mom ask if his dad and I could do it (take him hunting) as he hadn't smiled in 2 weeks, well he smiled all night long after taking 3 hogs out to 300 yards with the 308 and Aquila 6x

Last edited:
Been hitting the deer farm pretty hard and have not been producing much, a single here and there every 2 weeks or so the guy call today and said he lost two more fawns and is about in tears, I told him I’d hit it again tonight, this time instead of pulling a 10-2am I went out later than normal 1-5AM did over watch in the pasture till 4:30 nothing, calling has not produced in the past inside the game fence so didn’t do any, was leaving and at the gate I remember him telling me the neighbor said shoot any coyote on his property as well.

So I thought what the heck I walked across the street and set up in the shadows and did some pup distress on one of Tony T’s calls, and hit pup distress on a little key chain elc call I had as a novelty on my lanyard. Wasn’t 3 minutes and I had what I thought was a fox not 30 yards away, remembered to hold high for offset and down he went, kept playing the keychain elc pup/rabbit and had another coyote in the thermal at 50 yards in some tall brush , hit him and he let out a good bit of distress and spun for a good while, hit him again and kept scanning picked up another coyote at 100 yards in the open a few minutes later, Hit him and down he went as well with a good bit I distress yips (no more need to calling I think to myself). While scanning I see the one at 50 yards get back up so I hit him again! More distress sounds and flopping I’m starting to question my 60gr V-max and where my hits are?
About 5 minutes later I have another coyote hang up at 200 yards, I try like to squeak him in but he is not having anything to do with it, so I send one his way and hear a hit go to the thermal and see him spinning but can’t make him out in the D760 in the brush and fog rolling in he is in now. And my IR is getting low on power

Give it another 5 minutes and start recovery, didn’t have the dog with me as the guy has been known to put out some wicked fertilizer if you know what I mean. First one is a coyote at 35 yards last years pup male, second coyote is a female at 50 yards again last years pup but big, look 3 yards to the right and find another coyote that I thought was the same one, this one is an older male dead 3 yards away from the second coyote in the grass was tall

Walk out and pick up another female at the one hundred yard mark older dog good size sure it would eat a fawn, looked and looked for the 5th on but no avail, sure if I had the dog with me, but don’t’ want her getting around the fertilizer mixed with ground meat.

My first confirmed quad in the last 12 years with possible 5th one all in less than 10 minutes just out the gate D760 was not a problem at 30 – 50 yards had more problem with the fog coming in and a low battery in the IR
Made up for some long nights sitting over watch on a herd of fawning follow deer this will be good for a trip through his large garden and maybe some follow streaks this fall

Doc Lucci, owner of Wild River Ranch and one of the best spotters and guides out there PID'd this hog for our own Eric who shot this one in the face with the new FLIR T-75.

10487211_709565922436139_2387390519056070200_n_zps6b2e223c.jpg

Vic

seeing as over here in OZ you need to shell out and arm and a leg and a nut to get a medioca one that and the powers that be don't want us to have fun i had a go at making a digital one
the headset (i didn't like the idea of waving a rifle around to see whats out there)

the parts that fit to the scope with the AV transmitter and IR torch.

300M viewed through the headset. the image through the headset is better i had the wrong setting in the recorder that i didn't find out till got home.

and through the scope

an early test i did with it fitted to my 22lr scope is a 12-42 nightforce set to 22 power distance is about 35M

Very nice Phil! Glad to see her do what she does for all of our gun rights!

Thanks for sharing this and looks like she had a great time.

After my last back operation, this was the first night I felt like getting out and doing anything. I didn't want to carry any more weight than I had to so I just carried a really light 5.56 with an IR laser, and wore a PVS-14. I let my buddy carry another 5.56 with the 640-75mm Zeus. You couldn't see much of anything through night vision because a thick fog settled in the bottoms. Our lasers looked like huge light sabers. He recorded a little through the thermal, but only two of the shots are his. He shot the coyote at a dead run right when it got to the tree line. The 55g V-max made it look like it swallowed a small grenade. He also made the first shot on the skunk. Then the pesky dillo jumped up and myself and another guy tried to get it through the fog with the IR lasers. It's no TEXASLAWMAN video, but it's the best a redneck can do. Even the thermal was struggling pretty badly with the heat and moisture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGD34KuorLk

Went hunting last night to test out a new 400 acre place. This guy came out about an hr after dark but he was the only one. took about a 100 yard shot on him. 260 lb, Measured just over 46"

DSC01238_zps98f9b3af.jpg

DSC01235_zps411905d9.jpg