• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Lets see your P 'doggin guns!

nhassey48

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
Arizona
Waiting for my 22 250 AI. Please post pics of your prairie dog guns/other varmint! Thanks. With specs
smile.gif

Re: Lets see your P 'doggin guns!

Here's a shot of our ground squirrel guns.This is just for 2 shooters!

loadedsuburban4qp.jpg

Left to right: 2 ruger 10/22's, 2 Rem 597's in .17HMR, 2 Rem 700's in .223 with JAG magazine kits, 2 Rem 700's in 6mm Ackley in McMillan A3 and Edge stocks, Nesika in 6.5x284 in a McMillan Edge stock and USO scope.

Not shown are a couple of .22 handguns. We got blood on all the guns this trip.

2441627696_9a1dd520ab_z.jpg

6-284
lawton 7500, dual port, right bolt, left eject
McRee's precision 1st gen
1-9 lawton bbl

spitting 87gr vmax's at prairie dogs with this is the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2441627696_9a1dd520ab_z.jpg

6-284
lawton 7500, dual port, right bolt, left eject
McRee's precision 1st gen
1-9 lawton bbl

spitting 87gr vmax's at prairie dogs with this is the most fun I've had with my clothes on.</div></div>

Damn this is one sweet rifle...
How does it shoot? I would like to build one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
F-R. 223AI, 223AI, AR15, 223 bolt rifle, another AR15.
100_1059.jpg

</div></div>

Pdogs dont stand a chance with all these rigs.

Nice sticks.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
002agh.jpg
22-250 AI</div></div>
What stock are you running on this baby?

I'm looking for some good places to shoot prairie dogs when I redeploy if anyone knows of any. I'd be coming from PA and stay for about a week. From what I gather, most ranchers want them gone. I'll post pictures of my rifles when I get state side. Also, what states allow ARs to be used?

I know california and New York do not. I hate california

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes, but what states allow the use of ARs that also have prairie dogs. </div></div>

Allow AR's? that is a sad case of affairs isn't it.
WY,MT,UT,CO,NM,AZ,TX have PD's and I'm sure you can use an Ar in any one of those free states.

I am gonna have to +1 on the comment that all guns are P-doggin guns....

however, here is my purpose built prairie dog slayer.....(although it has also taken a few white tails, a mulie and an antelope or two as well
grin.gif
)

R&D Precision custom build 243
Shilen barrel 1:10 twist....for the 75 v-max
vais break to spot my own hits
mcmillan A5
Badger BM w/AICS mag
jewell trigger
Zeiss conquest 6-20---if only I could get those knobs on all scopes!
harris with pheonix rubber mout feet....for shooting off truck hoods!

006_6-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes, but what states allow the use of ARs that also have prairie dogs. </div></div>

Allow AR's? that is a sad case of affairs isn't it.
WY,MT,UT,CO,NM,AZ,TX have PD's and I'm sure you can use an Ar in any one of those free states. </div></div>

dont forget SD and we can shoot every thing silenced. was out the other day when it was warm 15 degrees and there were a few out 168amax sure makes a pretty red spot in the snow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.O.R.G.S-Hassey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice guns! I should be posting mine soon!</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.O.R.G.S-Hassey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know california and New York do not. I hate california</div></div>

You lie you're a CA lover for LIFE and your gun is poop!

Remington 700 "Varmint Special" in .22-250 from the mid-eighties. Photos don't do the stock justice. It is FULL of figure.

Stripes2.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

I had to fab up a weaver rail for my SSG-82 on my reliable old Fanuc RoboDrill T-10 CNC mill, the SSG-82 is a cool 5.45x39 bolt action but the 4x ziess scope lacks much. I can't wait to try some of the new 60gn Hornady Vmax and Tula 60gn HP's... the 7n6 milsurp is roughly 2.4MOA, I', hoping for 1 MOA, but sub 1.5 would be close enough to angle of squirrel for me.
000055.jpg
000016.jpg
000109.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.O.R.G.S-Hassey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know california and New York do not. I hate california</div></div>
!!!!! I can't hunt Pdogs with my AR here in the peoples republik of californiastan!?!? That's a new one on me, I have to look that up... any no no's about ground squirrels and AR's?

Here is my go to gun. I use it for pdogs, fox, and coyotes.
TannedCoyotewithRifle002.jpg

I think P-dogs have nightmares of .22-250!

have any of you folks used .17 hmr on P-dogs? I wonder how that story ends? I'm sure .17 would work just fine, huh?

2guxlb5.jpg
remmy 700 vs in 220 swift,s&b pm11 3-12 mil/mil,t8 suprressor, timney trigger, stock from my custom shop remmy 40xb tactical. this is my red fox gun.
15gfnfr.jpg
this is my long range set up, i use it for target shooting and also for long range fox shooting, i like to set up overlooking some bait or dead animal at long range. its a remmy 40xb tactical in 308 in a AICS with s&b pm11 5-25 mil/mil.

This is how I roll...
All you need and nothin you don't!
doggun.jpg

243 Win, Hart Barrel, McM A4 stock, USO ST-10, Badger M40A3 30mm Contract rings with SIMRAD mount. Heading to South Dakota next month for a weekend of Doggin'. Can't wait!

243.jpg

Hope the 8 inches of snow we just got is gone when you get here and it dries up a little or it will be hell getting any where.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope the 8 inches of snow we just got is gone when you get here and it dries up a little or it will be hell getting any where. </div></div>

Thanks guys, me too. We are going to White Horse. Hopefully we won't have any trouble and get a target rich environment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DD918</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope the 8 inches of snow we just got is gone when you get here and it dries up a little or it will be hell getting any where. </div></div>

Thanks guys, me too. We are going to White Horse. Hopefully we won't have any trouble and get a target rich environment. </div></div>

I will check that out for you today as i have to head that way for work. I hope you plan on staying in some place like mobridge or some thing as there is not much happening in white horse. You much be getting tags through cheyanee river reservation i have a friend that has a couple units of land with lots of pdogs if you need any i help i can see what i can do. It is going to be green and beautiful in that country when you get here if the sun ever shines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have any of you folks used .17 hmr on P-dogs? I wonder how that story ends? I'm sure .17 would work just fine, huh? </div></div>

I've used my .17hmr a bunch. It whacks them pretty good out to about 200 as long as the wind is low. It kills them, but they don't explode like they do with the centerfire varmint calibers. You generally don't get any "red mist" with any of the rimfires and that includes the hmr. It's still a lot of fun though!

Sorry forgot to add the description...Stag Arms LH .223 with Tapco accessories and Leupold Mark AR 3-9X40

I am using a 700 SPS Stainless Varmint in .22-250. Unfortunately, I don't get to P-dog hunt, only ground hogs in the fields of western PA.