• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Let's talk PCC's

Parts wear/breakage, Sig being Sig with constant new generations while stopping support of older ones, need for very regular and thorough cleaning, I heard the word "finicky" a lot but can't tell you what that means exactly.
They all loved them for the first 15-20k rounds and couldn't keep their panties dry talking about them. Then they got quieter. Then they got new guns.
They are soft no doubt, I was pretty amazed the first time I shot one.
Looking at PCC Nats equipment survey, MPX's are not dominating. They are less than half as popular as JP's, which are not half as common as home builds.
So I did a little looking again. Pretty much everything you said is real.
Problem is now after looking at a JP.... I want one of those. Thanks a lot.

I have the KP9, I love mine, swapped out the furniture and put my rugged 45 can on there As it’s permanent home. Does a number on coons in my pecan trees, if I was to buy brand new today I would be hard pressed between the KP9 or the MP5 clones. I’ve had a piece of brass somehow get behind the bolt carrier and lodged next to the trigger and the KP9 still worked flawlessly, I didn’t even realize it had happened till I got home and stripped it down for cleaning.

Reactions: ut755ln and mrtoyz
I have a Stribog A3 roller delayed with the short stroke buffer kit and trigger upgrade and it is a lot of fun, I also have a JP GMR15 and really enjoy shooting that. I have a JP5 on order that I can't wait to get. For just plinking, screwing around the Bog does the job with a 510C-GR on top, for USPSA the JP's are absolutely awesome!

I built 2 of THESE. One to sell and one to keep. Shot the seller for function test, flawless for 200 rounds no matter how fast I pulled the trigger. The keeper has somewhere north of 1000 rounds with zero failures. My brother calls it the AR1921A1.

edit to add: It received lots of positive attention from the LPD, the SO and the ISP back when about 500 residents roamed the streets of our town during the BLM bullshit.

Last edited:
The wife wants a shorty PCC.

Something that's compact, reliable, fun and suppressor ready for the Octane 45 she owns.

What PCC pistols should we look at? What are you using as a PCC, and how do you like it?

I see Sig makes the MCX, the JP GMR-15, and Noveske Diplomat. What else is out there? Any to add or cross off the list?

Attachments

• Camp 45 3 lug.jpg
    Camp 45 3 lug.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: kthomas
It's not a black rifle. But runs on .45 1911 mags, has a three lug, has a simple manual of arms, blow back reliable. It's not nothing.

Tons of great options and for all budgets. I love my mpx k. With a wolfman in short config i can shoot indoors without plugs. Mp5s or clones are awesome, any b&t is tits, the stribog is cheap and reliable. Its a great time to be a gun guy

Just shot one of these yesterday.
Easily softer than any AR platform blowback gun I've ever shot. Not quite a JP5 but close, and way less moving parts to break.

I have a CMMG RDB I've been super, super pleased with after switching from a straight blowback setup I used for awhile. I shoot suppressed with an Omega 36M. That thing is unbelievably soft-shooting with a Sprinco orange spring and Kynshot hydraulic buffer. 9mm, not 45, but still.

MPXs look pretty sweet, too. No experience with them though. I do know you can save a bunch of money going CMMG over Sig though ;)

Finished painting my PC9.

After:
View attachment 7978524
"no honey, we have PPSh at home!"

in all seriousness, I like it.

Scorpion has dropped another rung in my esteem after discovering some premature bolt wear on mine from running suppressed with 165gr subs, so looks like my 2023 project will be an MP5K clone built off a PTR 9CT.

and now my wallet is weeping in the corner because of prices on parts for anything HK :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: stefan73
"no honey, we have PPSh at home!"

in all seriousness, I like it.

Scorpion has dropped another rung in my esteem after discovering some premature bolt wear on mine from running suppressed with 165gr subs, so looks like my 2023 project will be an MP5K clone built off a PTR 9CT.

and now my wallet is weeping in the corner because of prices on parts for anything HK :ROFLMAO:
I have been seriously thinking about a PTR 9CT. Looks like a solid platform.

I *just* got my new Sig MPX PCC and 6 THRiL 35 round mags.....I'll have it out at the range in a couple days but initially playing with it I'm really excited and impressed. Fit and finish is fantastic. Really looking forward to getting her rolling. It's got the Timney trigger in it - breaks better than any AR trigger and has a short fast reset.

Can't wait.

VooDoo

Uh....loveeeee mine!! Shoots like a dream! Especially with my 165gr/N340 subs.
did you have any issues with yours getting the 80deg locking piece fitted? been reading mixed reports of folks who had to send theirs in to PTR and others who were able to just drop it in. Some are commenting german-made locking bits fit but RCTs won't

the one part I'll want that's given me sticker shock so far is the cost of the B&T telescopic stock. Great compact bit of kit, but holy hell that price!

did you have any issues with yours getting the 80deg locking piece fitted? been reading mixed reports of folks who had to send theirs in to PTR and others who were able to just drop it in. Some are commenting german-made locking bits fit but RCTs won't

the one part I'll want that's given me sticker shock so far is the cost of the B&T telescopic stock. Great compact bit of kit, but holy hell that price!
What degree locking bar is in the PTR's?

Just wait til you see the price on an actual HK A3 stock!

What degree locking bar is in the PTR's?
the K types should have a 110 degree by default, for running unsuppressed/unstocked (original intent of the K series being to use the push/pull sling method) if you run a stock it's often advised by HK armorers to swap for a 100 degree for a little more resistance because of the change in the rear buffer. the 80 degree is designed to give extra locking force to resist the extra backpressure generated by suppressed use.

of course, any time you change locking pieces you should also check bolt gap and adjust rollers to bring it into spec, and keep an eye on it as part of regular maintenance

Just wait til you see the price on an actual HK A3 stock!
I have, it's insane. I'd rather get the B&T anyway, more compact and ergonomic, and the buttpad is properly replaceable

You guys shooting roller locked guns - do they mangle the brass like the old MP5's used to do rendering them unable to be reloaded? I loved the MP5 variants and shot a bunch of them but the brass was beat up so bad I couldn't reload it.

VooDoo

You guys shooting roller locked guns - do they mangle the brass like the old MP5's used to do rendering them unable to be reloaded? I loved the MP5 variants and shot a bunch of them but the brass was beat up so bad I couldn't reload it.

VooDoo
Mine have the fluting marks but otherwise appear in perfect condition. I have not tried to reload them yet though.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci

Nope dropped right in, Purchased from HK Parts and zero issues installing.

the K types should have a 110 degree by default, for running unsuppressed/unstocked (original intent of the K series being to use the push/pull sling method) if you run a stock it's often advised by HK armorers to swap for a 100 degree for a little more resistance because of the change in the rear buffer. the 80 degree is designed to give extra locking force to resist the extra backpressure generated by suppressed use.

of course, any time you change locking pieces you should also check bolt gap and adjust rollers to bring it into spec, and keep an eye on it as part of regular maintenance

I have, it's insane. I'd rather get the B&T anyway, more compact and ergonomic, and the buttpad is properly replaceable
Funny, the JP5 comes with 80 degree and I bought the 70 and 60 degree for 115grn loads. from what I can gather the 70 degree is really light on 150grn syntechs and a little questionable on reliability. It sounds like the syntechs like the 80 degree on the JP5.

I keep going to buy a JP5, then I pump the brakes on principal...

I'll probably end up with one sooner or later... but I still wonder why JP chooses to use furiniture that's two generations behind the times..?

I still have a box full of take-off/cast-off crap from a of couple GMR's. I know the stuff isn't expensive, but you'd think for north of $3k they could throw in a grip, stock, and handguard design from the current decade lol.

I have a Beretta CX4 and the Ruger PC9.

Both are fun and decently accurate.

View attachment 7945622

View attachment 7945623

I recently picked up one of the Ruger PC Carbine…Very impressed with it so far…soft-shooting, plenty accurate & about as reliable as the sun rising in the East each morning. Got it for a truck carbine, paired with a PSA Dagger pistol…A nice combo, though I’m not certain that it’s exactly what the OP is looking far. Still, an impressive carbine at a very reasonable price.

Old SF

Reactions: Flintdog2011