• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold 5HD 5-25x56 Ordered

Don’t wanna be this guy, but how does the MK5 5-25 stack up against the Razor 2 4.5-27? I’m in the market to upgrade, just not in a hurry. Love my XRS II, but the clarity when compared to the MK5 is kinda lacking.

Don’t wanna be this guy, but how does the MK5 5-25 stack up against the Razor 2 4.5-27? I’m in the market to upgrade, just not in a hurry. Love my XRS II, but the clarity when compared to the MK5 is kinda lacking.

I have both scopes mentioned above as well as the MK5 7-35. The MK5 is much better in the glass department to my eyes. No way around it. I’ve literally spent hours trying to optimize the diopter adjustment on the Razor thinking maybe that was the issue. Nope, the MK5 is just better. Sharper, brighter, more clear, better resolution, easier to adjust the diopter, and IMO just easier to get behind (eye box). The image in the Razor just seems faded or washed out to me compared to the MK5. The MK5 really blows it away in low light. During load development I struggle a little bit with precise/fine reticle focus on the target for shooting the smallest possible groups with the Razor, especially on overcast days or in mirage. Not saying it’s bad, the Razor is actually pretty good. Better than my ERS, but the MK5 is much better for me in this department. It feels like I could shoot the wings off of a deer fly with the MK5, where with the Razor I wouldn’t be sure if it was a beetle or a fly.

I like the reticle on the Razor Gen2 better than the CCH reticle, but the CCH is manageable. I prefer the Razors clickless-zero. Maybe a slight edge to Razor turrets overall, maybe. Haven’t had tracking issues with either.

My glass-praise of the MK5 does not extend to the 3.6-18 model. Let’s just say I sold that one. Nothing wrong with it, just didn’t like the glass...

Submitted my rebate to Leupold via E-Mail on Monday, got an approval email today. Good to go. I'm glad this worked out for everyone.

Great scope and great glass. My aging eyes are very comfortable looking thru it. I had an older S&B 5-25 that was the same way, my newer S&B not as much. Like described the previous post, I am constantly adjusting the diopter and parallax to bring things into focus and my eyes still fatigue and the reticle washes out. It's hard to describe but the Mark 5 is just easy on the eyes, comfortable, forgiving. No fatigue and everything is sharp and crisp as it should be.

Anybody still waiting for confirmation from submitting a late rebate by email? I submitted 2 Fridays ago and still waiting to hear back.

Anybody still waiting for confirmation from submitting a late rebate by email? I submitted 2 Fridays ago and still waiting to hear back.

I submitted by email on 4/17 and got a acceptance confirmation e-mail on 4/20. May want to push them again.

Reactions: Corradopsi