• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold customer service experience

Re: Leupold customer service experience

What am I supposed to say? None of it has happened to me. I never implied that LL was lying, or that it never happened to him.

Everything I've said is true. Just because it does not mimic frank's experience, does not change that fact........

Alright, fuck it.

Everybody, I present to you:

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Sniper's Hide Scope Usage Chart</span>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArcIiu2zCpFddDExVk5FdENkQnNfdWhuZk9GcnNfQ1E&hl=en

May it inform many a decision and bury many a hatchet.

If anything should be made a sticky, it's this puppy.

LL, I can transfer ownership of this doc to you if you like, or keep being the steward of it.

Hope this gets put to good use and grows with all the users on here! Now go fill it out!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What am I supposed to say? None of it has happened to me. I never implied that LL was lying, or that it never happened to him.

Everything I've said is true. Just because it does not mimic frank's experience, does not change that fact........ </div></div>

Yes it didn't happen to you... YET.

Maybe its because you don't run your gear as hard as you think? I don't think you run it as hard as the guys at R.O. I seriously don't.

I'll tell you a story that has nothing to do with this scope thing... but I'll share it with you anyway.

A coworker and I were comparing flashlights. I had a Surefire E1b he had some LED Walmart thing.

So he asks me "how much was your light?" I told him $120. He laughed and brought out his WALMART and said $20.

I said "Oh nice! Here let me try that" I took it, turned it on and threw it up in the air about 40 ft. Of course the light hit the cement and turned off/ shattered the front lens. Then I quickly grabbed my Surefire turned it on and threw it higher. It landed and stayed on just had a small ding in the bezel.

Then I ran and got it and told my coworker "Here, you wanna try mine?" while handing him my Surefire.

I gave him $20 bucks back because to me it was worth the experience.

Just thought I'd share.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 331V8</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they have fixed every one I have broken without any complaints.
Grabbed one at a flea market with a busted reticle a while back and they fixed it.

Good in my book and great service.
Not the best scope, but I have no problems with them on the family's hunting rifles. </div></div>

I place good equipment for Hunting second only to Self-Defense.

Why is it that guys will use a POS for "Huntin" when they have better in the safe ? Maybe because they go out and kill the first legal Deer they see and call it good ?

When you spend the time and effort to get on a Trophy Big Game animal and your equipment fails,it is a really sickening feeling.Loopy CS ain't there to fix it between shot #1 when you think it went south and Shot#2 when you know it went south.

So who shot you ? and why...

Sorry to say, you're experience is still being debated, as we still have issue with your definition of "use" ...

When you don't test your scopes, or have no method for determining accuracy of adjustments, simply stating you haven't "Broke" one can mean nothing more than you, Barely use em" zeroing them and sticking them in the safe isn't use, or experience.

At this point you continue to simply repeat yourself... hell for all we know, you were just watching that match.

Finally, you're saying 200+ rifles and 36+ scopes, over how many years ? We're talking about the last 10 years with Leupold, not what you've done since 1980. Heck you're not even using a Leupold in your evidence photo, it's a Weaver.

How many leupold do you have right now, how many bought in the last 10 years, and how many rounds you shooting through them ? you continue to avoid the experience part and simply fall back on volume.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">400yd pic. Nice, sunny conditions........

100_0359.jpg
</div></div>
You really believe that, or the other photo's you posted, are a field test?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">400yd pic. Nice, sunny conditions........

100_0359.jpg
</div></div>
You really believe that, or the other photo's you posted, are a field test? </div></div>

THATS exactly what I was thinking! haha.

Actually I was thinking "nice snowy range".

Look I have pictures of snow too... an not one day, everyday of the class.

Funny thing, 1 Leupold in the class, the Kid from the Army with the M110, his scope from Leupold was broken out of the box, brand new unit rife they sent him to class with. He had to drive back to his base 2 hours to get a new rifle because, the scope was no good.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A-E9bs65kOY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A-E9bs65kOY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So who shot you in the Leg, rabid child ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it's much tougher in Alabama.... </div></div>

See... there you go again. It might not be tougher in Alabama... but that range in your pic does NOT constitute any type of "field testing". It just shows us non snow types how lucky you are to actually see snow.

Now if you said you could build one hell of a snowman.. I'd honestly believe you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look I have pictures of snow too... an not one day, everyday of the class.

Funny thing, 1 Leupold in the class, the Kid from the Army with the M110, he scope from Leupold was broken out of the box, brand new unit rife they sent him to class with. He had to drive back to his base 2 hours to get a new rifle because, the scope was no good.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A-E9bs65kOY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A-E9bs65kOY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So who shot you in the Leg, rabid child ? </div></div>

Lowlight you may as well link in a "torture (field) test" from one of your video archives.

Unless of course you wanna talk building snowmen. Thats fine too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So who shot you ? and why...

Sorry to say, you're experience is still being debated, as we still have issue with your definition of "use" ...

When you don't test your scopes, or have no method for determining accuracy of adjustments, simply stating you haven't "Broke" one can mean nothing more than you, Barely use em" zeroing them and sticking them in the safe isn't use, or experience.

At this point you continue to simply repeat yourself... hell for all we know, you were just watching that match.

Finally, you're saying 200+ rifles and 36+ scopes, over how many years ? We're talking about the last 10 years with Leupold, not what you've done since 1980. Heck you're not even using a Leupold in your evidence photo, it's a Weaver.

How many leupold do you have right now, how many bought in the last 10 years, and how many rounds you shooting through them ? you continue to avoid the experience part and simply fall back on volume. </div></div>

Frank, it is more than obvious that no matter what I tell you, you will always question it. You are the only one with any real world experience, nobody has ever shot more rounds than you or will ever shoot more rounds than you. You run your scopes harder than anybody in the history of rifle shooting.

This conversation has run it's course, and is now boring me to tears. I use my shit. Regularly. I have made it a point in my life to sample a great many types of rifles/scopes. More than most will ever have the pleasure. Apparently, this is not good enough for some to warrant a respected opinion......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it's much tougher in Alabama.... </div></div>

I'll bet I've spent more time across the pond north of the 38th parallel in -38* weather than you have behind any stick. I won't count any time in Cambodia, China, or Russia just so we are on a even playing field.

Wheres your Military service been?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So who shot you ? and why...

How many leupold do you have right now, how many bought in the last 10 years, and how many rounds you shooting through them ? you continue to avoid the experience part and simply fall back on volume. </div></div>

Frank, it is more than obvious that no matter what I tell you, you will always question it. You are the only one with any real world experience, nobody has ever shot more rounds than you or will ever shoot more rounds than you. You run your scopes harder than anybody in the history of rifle shooting.

This conversation has run it's course, and is now boring me to tears. I use my shit. Regularly. I have made it a point in my life to sample a great many types of rifles/scopes. More than most will ever have the pleasure. Apparently, this is not good enough for some to warrant a respected opinion......</div></div>

Great Scopes... like:

USO, NF, S&B, Hensoldt... very cool, I like those too, interested you went from a $2000 scope to a Leupold, not many do that, in fact they usually go the other way.

So, who shot you ? Disappointed Grandmother ?

Hate to break it too you, hovering around a grand does not a great scope make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lowlight said:
You were shot in the leg ?

Really, Ex wife ?

[/quote

I think he is saying he shot in a leg match ...for points to become Distinguished.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Stop ruining my fun...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did David Tubb's used a Leupold M4-16X for his one mile shot video?</div></div>

Old Mk4 Leupold, not new wave. </div></div>

My Mk4-16X is an old one too.....

FYI-
A Bushnell lasted 18 rounds.
Burris 42 rounds.
MK4 still working.

side.jpg

Front.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MK4 still working.</div></div> Both of mine would not track and on both of them if the reticle was clear the target was not, it the target was then the reticle was not. Everyone that tried them said the same thing. The new wave Leupold's ain't making it for me. And for Leupold to tell me and others there's nothing wrong, tells me alot. All of the folks that tried them, are Paid to be on the sticks now, not out dated like I am.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Leupold scopes I see in competitions mostly are VX3 LR/T models and Competition models of fixed power. All are cheaper than any NF made, being in the $800-$1000 dollar range. My VX3 LR/T, 30mm, SFP 8.5-25x50 runs $834 at Brunos. $969 @ SWFA. It is in the shop getting a reticle change and M1s added to it. When all is said and done, I'll still only have $1000 tied up in it. $600 dollars less than the 5.5-20 NF I would like to buy..... </div></div>

Their target models are decent, up to snuff. Not any better or worse than the competition though. The LRT is an abortion, I own one and have never been happy with it - turrets don't track right, canted reticle and cloudy past 11-12 power (4-14 model). The funny part is, I sent it back to leupold and they "rebuilt" it only to have it still be cloudy. It's mounted on a 300 win sendero right now, but it's coming off and going on ebay. At least I can get rid of it
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wheres your Military service been? </div></div>

Teh internetz!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 331V8</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they have fixed every one I have broken without any complaints.
Grabbed one at a flea market with a busted reticle a while back and they fixed it.

Good in my book and great service.
Not the best scope, but I have no problems with them on the family's hunting rifles. </div></div>

I place good equipment for Hunting second only to Self-Defense.

Why is it that guys will use a POS for "Huntin" when they have better in the safe ? Maybe because they go out and kill the first legal Deer they see and call it good ?

When you spend the time and effort to get on a Trophy Big Game animal and your equipment fails,it is a really sickening feeling.Loopy CS ain't there to fix it between shot #1 when you think it went south and Shot#2 when you know it went south.

</div></div>

I haven't had any older vari-x scopes fail on me out in the woods, but then I honestly don't hunt very much. I did have one of those leupold BC VX3 with the really big objective fail on me though, I drove from cali to wyoming and when I got there the zero was off by six inches up and four to the right. Gave that one back to my dad when I got home.

It's like any other hobby - the more seriously you take it, the more your going to invest in it both in time and money. Most of the serious hunters I know use zeiss and swaro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it is the non-AO model, they are POS...... </div></div>

If you're talking to me then yes, it's a side focus model. No matter what I do I just can't get the damn thing to focus at higher powers, it looks worse than a walmart tasco
frown.gif

I had one that had no adj. parallax whatsoever. It was terrible over 10X. Got rid of it the same day.

I would send yours in.....

Guys, honestly, if you're gonna take the time to write out a response covering your specific scopes, you may as well just fill out the chart I linked to above. Will be much more useful and will help gather valuable data for later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBrother</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, honestly, if you're gonna take the time to write out a response covering your specific scopes, you should just fill out the chart I linked to above. Will be much more useful and will help gather valuable data for later... </div></div>
BigBrother,as long as I can post anonymously some of the cheap shit I bought waaay back in the day before I knew better.

Kinda like hiding the pics in Bell bottoms wearing a Nehru with hair down to my ass back in the 70's

Sweetie you can post whatever the f you like
smile.gif

Screenname would be preferred though so there's at least *some* accountability. Otherwise when this spreads, fanboys may be tempted to fill in with junk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okie... NF are clearly marked,

MADE in USA across the top...
NF2.jpg

the others are Made in Japan... </div></div>

Mine says made in Japan on the bottom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you DO have is a much higher opinion of yourself than warranted and a delusional disbelief that no others out there may have any valid experience and don't know WTF they are talking about.

Let me know when you are done riding on Frank's coat tails. You're like frickin' parrot on his shoulder....... </div></div>

Nope not a higher opinion of myself, although i am dead sexy. I have no delusional disbelief, if people got something that I can learn or didnt know, i listen. Contrary to your belief, I probably have more rounds down range on 2 way ranges.....you know where we arrange those meetings with God you like to have in your sig line. I have used Leupold in combat and have had them fail me 3, again going back to that magical #3. The allowed error that Leupold finds acceptable is ridiculous at best. Im not riding Frank's coat tails,all the while Frank and I have the same experience with Leupolds.

That white blurry stuff flying by at 35 mph, while it may be hard on you, its not to hard on the optic. Again ill go back to my point about a well manicured range, and no "REAL" abuse to those scopes, you lay there and dial to the error in your scope at a known distance target and rock it. If it works for you so be it......that old saying "You can lead a horse to water....and you fill in the rest" definitely applies to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okie... NF are clearly marked,

MADE in USA across the top...
NF2.jpg

the others are Made in Japan... </div></div>

Mine says made in Japan on the bottom! </div></div>

LL stole my pic!
grin.gif

Good idea on the chart BigBrother, I shall add to it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you DO have is a much higher opinion of yourself than warranted and a delusional disbelief that no others out there may have any valid experience and don't know WTF they are talking about.

Let me know when you are done riding on Frank's coat tails. You're like frickin' parrot on his shoulder....... </div></div>

Nope not a higher opinion of myself, although i am dead sexy. I have no delusional disbelief, if people got something that I can learn or didnt know, i listen. Contrary to your belief, I probably have more rounds down range on 2 way ranges.....you know where we arrange those meetings with God you like to have in your sig line. I have used Leupold in combat and have had them fail me 3, again going back to that magical #3. The allowed error that Leupold finds acceptable is ridiculous at best. Im not riding Frank's coat tails,all the while Frank and I have the same experience with Leupolds.

That white blurry stuff flying by at 35 mph, while it may be hard on you, its not to hard on the optic. Again ill go back to my point about a well manicured range, and no "REAL" abuse to those scopes, you lay there and dial to the error in your scope at a known distance target and rock it. If it works for you so be it......that old saying "You can lead a horse to water....and you fill in the rest" definitely applies to you. </div></div>

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy banging away rounds at my imaginary 600yd range.

I've been a student of the game for some time now. I like to think I have a clue. You are right about the snow and shit. I just posted it in lieu of Frank's "sunny conditions" comment. I do shoot in temps about as low as they go in U.S.

That said, My owning 36+ Leupolds that seem to work okay, doesn't in any way take away the findings of Frank, or yourself. I'm quite sure you've seen more of them than I. However, the inference that my scope may be "broken" and I don't even know it, is a joke AFAIC, but may easily apply to a SLEW of others. I get it.

You guys seem like good guys. Would love to have a beer with ya or whatever, and I greatly appreciate your service, AND respect your opinions. Save your "your shit may be broken and you don't even know it" stuff for the weekend warriors. I'm not one of them.

As far as my sig. line goes, I shot someone when I was 9yrs old for beating my cousin with a tire iron. I guess only guys in the military are allowed to say shit like that. Whatever......

I don't argue, to each is own. I like what i like cause it works for me, and I win with what I use, when that stops happening I will start the selection process all over. Everyone has their opinion and that is what they are, an opinion. Luckily there are sites such as this that we can discuss and try and get other end user's opinion to help formulate a decision on product A or product B. My point is that I take all the great opinions above in and when the times comes will weigh them out to help guide me in my next purchase, not make the decision for me. I will say that I believe there are alot of guys on this site that have formed opinions on products not ever owning one or even knowing what the hell they are even talking about, they've just read and read so many others talkin it up, or talking it down and like the rioters in LA a few years back started bashing shit and stealing shit just cause everyone else was doing it. If a guy on here was to say "I use a 1-200X65MM countersniper and it rules!" my reply would be "awsome, rock it and love it, i will just beat you in competition"

oh and please dont come a creepin in the night for my "precious", the trophy caspian .45 stands vigilant for the fat hobbits that come a lurking, jus sayen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Shot someone when I was 9yrs old for beating my cousin with a tire iron. </div></div>
Did the gun have a Leupold on it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As far as my sig. line goes, I grew up in Detroit. Never lived more than an hour away to this day. Shot someone when I was 9yrs old for beating my cousin with a tire iron. Don't, for even one minute, in your narrow point of view, think it only applies to the military....... </div></div>

Why in the world would you brag about something that happened before you even hit puberty?

Because he arranged a meeting with God for his enemy......
crazy.gif

Well I hit my brother with a stick when I was three, he had to get stiches in his head. Guess that makes me a SKULLCRUSHER!!

Wasn't bragging at all. Just stating a fact. That was merely one example showing that it can pertain to more than one point of view. Truth is, I just thought was some cool soundin' shit.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">400yd pic. Nice, sunny conditions........

100_0359.jpg
</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it's much tougher in Alabama.... </div></div>

Sure is. Here's a shot from Huskey's match, down in south Alabama last year. Rained all day the first day, snowed the second day, finally got hard enough that you couldn't see the 400 yard targets. I'd be the guy on the left with the Leupold, it's gone now. Quit tracking right, I had Leupold fix it and then I sold it.

grouppic.jpg

Sing it with me...

<span style="font-style: italic">My Snow's colder than your snow, my snow's colder than yours... my snow's colder than your SNOW... </span>

it's all just complicated water.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

grouppic.jpg

</div></div>

I know a few of those muggs. This years weather was perfect, hope its the same next year if not, hope its really, really bad. Ronald hates cold wet weather, I love it when shooting with him,(AKA)advantage.
grin.gif

BTW- I just found an old box that I thought I had from an older Mark 4 M3-10x. Made in early 1990's. NO Made In USA 20 years ago either. Is it missing or was it never there?

I thought he was referring to the scope itself - my older leupolds and redfields (illuminator vari-x etc) have "made in USA" on the scope itself. My Mark AR I can't find "made in USA" on it anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: overgunned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes Frank. Just on those casually sunny weekends

100_0355.jpg

They call the white fuzzy stuff flying by at 35mph that's blurring the picture "snow"

100_0357.jpg

100_0347.jpg

Believe what you want. I have my "go to" rifles. Main one was built by George Gardner himself....... </div></div>

I'm definitely not a Mark 4 expert, but I've shot with a few on top of rifles. My comment is about the snow. Now some people think that because I'm from Texas, I don't know what snow is, but I live in the Llano Estacado; contrary to what some people believe, we do get snow. The other thing that we have LOTS of in West Texas is WIND!!! I can tell you with 100% certainty that in those pictures there isn't any wind blowing 35 mph. Maybe it's the perceived rush coming from the mouth spouting this, but that is NOT 35 mph wind pictured there. IF it is 35 mph wind blowing there with that snow, I would LOVE to know what camera you took that with because I want to buy one.

I've NEVER been able to see that far with snow coming down while it was blowing 35 mph. I've never seen that many people gathered up at one place, without gloves, and so many without head covering, when the wind was blowing 35 mph and the snow was coming down. I've never seen that much snow gathered on a shooting mat when it was blowing that hard, and I dang sure don't know how the guy is keeping the blue rag on top of those turrets with it blowing that hard. I guess it was wet, and got frozen to the scope or something? Hell, even the OD range bag would be trying to take off on me if it didn't have some ammo in it. You sure the wind was blowing 35 mph the day ya'll were shooting that match?

I'm the idiot that HAS thrown rounds down range in that kind of wind. I wouldn't call it "shooting" as much as I'd call it "plinking", but it's fun to send a few and see what happens.Ya'll are some pretty hardcore and persistent men to shoot a whole match in it. I can't imagine trying to shoot eggs or varmints in 35 mph wind out to 400 and 600 yards.

By now, I'm sure you get my point, and probably stopped reading a while back. Either way, don't you think the 35 mph was a fair bit of an exaggeration? Yeah, probably so, and I think that's what some others watching this thread from the sidelines are thinking about some other comments you've made.

I’m a neophyte when it comes to putting rounds downrange when compared to the vast majority of the members of the ‘Hide; I suffer no embarrassment admitting that.

<span style="color: #000099">LowLight</span> and crew shoot more in a month than I do in a year. I am blessed to have people around me who know what they are doing and they have helped me immensely to better my shooting.

I would love to attend one of the RO classes, though I’m afraid I would be laughed off of the range. I’ve learned a tremendous amount here, on the ‘Hide, by reading instead of writing.

The only reason I’ve chimed in now, is that <span style="color: #000099">overgunned</span> has studiously refused to answer the single question <span style="color: #000099">LowLight</span> put to him: How many rounds do you (<span style="color: #000099">overgunned</span>) put downrange in a week? In a month? In a year? I’ve followed this thread closely just to ascertain if that simple question was ever answered. To the best of my meager reading skills, I’ve yet to see that question even addressed by <span style="color: #000099">overgunned</span>.

Why is that? Is it false bravado in the face of obviously superior marksmen? Are you intimidated by real operators? If I staked out your untenable position I would be intimidated and humbled. These men have been there, and done that, and are willing to pass on their knowledge if one would but listen rather than boast.

Carry on…

That's not a 35mph snowstorm; if it is it's a warm one, those guys without hats and gloves would be missing their ears and fingertips. He's just ticked because people are teasing him and hating in his chosen brand, Leupold. USO seems to be the most popular here - another forum I go to it's Nightforce and USO isn't exactly popular, and on yet another IOR seems to get a bit more love than the others.

Bottom line - use what you want and what works for you, but at the same time be open to trying new things.