• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4HD

I have been on their notification list for four different models--all MarkHD models.
Crickets
When I was trying to get a T3 Mk5HD 3.6-18, I finally emailed them after waiting for months. They replied they should be available soon and I think it was either that evening or the next day it was available.

I’m not sure if it was a coincidence, or they threw one up on their site because I asked about it.

I have been on their notification list for four different models--all MarkHD models.
Crickets

I got a 4.5-18 I still need to mount up from playing the notification/purchase within 10 minute game.

I would do like Hogrider and place an LE/MIL order through the back door.
Nothing should prevent them from being able to presale you a scope for when it becomes available next.
Every inventory management system allows for backorders to be placed against their stock so not sure why they couldn't...

No different than making a sale, actually its what all wholesale orders are entered in as most likely.
Not to mention it would probably help their supply and demand forecast by pulling orders like that and having them lined up.

Might turn into a scenario where you're waiting 13 months for a scope just like a Bartlein/Kreiger/Proof barrel tho, so count your blessings :)

I will give it a couple more weeks and then going Nightforce. They have a rep in my area and I was ibtroduced to him and he said he will get me whichever model I want within one week at the LE/MIL price.

Reactions: PappyM3
Anyone have experience with Mark 4 2.5-10? I'm curious if the lack of parallax adjustment is a problem or not.

Reactions: matt33
Looking at replacing a couple old dinosaur MK4 6-20x TMR and 8-25x TMR with a new 8-32x MK4 HD or 7-35x MK5 HD both with PR2 MOA reticle. Just can't decide which one I really want at this point. They claim the glass is the same in the MK4 as the MK5, but I see different reviews online about that.

My main fuss over the older MK4 6-20x/8-25x I have is its just a little fucking blurry all the time, no matter what you do. No amount of parallax or screwing with the diopter fixes it and it's driving me insane. My eyes are getting older I know that, but when I can see better out of a cheap ass $140 Burris E1 4-14x Fullfield or a $400 5-25x Venom, I know something is wrong with the $1K leupolds. I do a lot of bench and steel shooting so it just pisses me off to no end honestly when you can't get a nice clear sight and reticle picture. Makes it hard to shoot small groups too when shits fuzzy all the damn time. Then throw in the environmentals like mirage and it's enough to want to throw my rifle in the pond most days.

And with that said, I'm almost shy about plunking that kinda money down on the new MK4 or MK5 just because they don't seem to have that great of glass/clarity and you're just paying for the fucking name on it.

Any other recommendations on a nice 32-35x scope that will be crystal clear around the $1500-2K mark, I'm all ears...

Looking at replacing a couple old dinosaur MK4 6-20x TMR and 8-25x TMR with a new 8-32x MK4 HD or 7-35x MK5 HD both with PR2 MOA reticle. Just can't decide which one I really want at this point. They claim the glass is the same in the MK4 as the MK5, but I see different reviews online about that.

My main fuss over the older MK4 6-20x/8-25x I have is its just a little fucking blurry all the time, no matter what you do. No amount of parallax or screwing with the diopter fixes it and it's driving me insane. My eyes are getting older I know that, but when I can see better out of a cheap ass $140 Burris E1 4-14x Fullfield or a $400 5-25x Venom, I know something is wrong with the $1K leupolds. I do a lot of bench and steel shooting so it just pisses me off to no end honestly when you can't get a nice clear sight and reticle picture. Makes it hard to shoot small groups too when shits fuzzy all the damn time. Then throw in the environmentals like mirage and it's enough to want to throw my rifle in the pond most days.

And with that said, I'm almost shy about plunking that kinda money down on the new MK4 or MK5 just because they don't seem to have that great of glass/clarity and you're just paying for the fucking name on it.

Any other recommendations on a nice 32-35x scope that will be crystal clear around the $1500-2K mark, I'm all ears...
Zeiss S3....

Reactions: kyotekiller25

I'm about to take the mk 4hd 6-24 and a nightforce atacr 5-25 out to the range fri morning. I'll try to remember to post a comparison here after I do some shooting. The mk 4hd is on a colt 308, and the atacr is going on an fn 6.5cm.

I have one and it's really not that big of a deal, shot mine @ 600ish on steel without issue.

Ditto. I have the FFP MK4HD 2.5x10 on my 22-250 yote rifle, and I haven't missed any shots due to parallax.

IMG_0270.jpg

Reactions: Feurhand
Awesome. Guess I’ll pick one up tomorrow for my Grendel bolt gun

Why is that scope so high????? Lol
Hunting purposes. It's strictly a yote rifle, and I hunt solo, so I have to do my own spotting, which requires some fast repositioning some times. The high scope allows me to reposition, or shoot left handed, without having to worry about getting in the perfect position to fit inside the eyebox of the scope. I don't use any cheek weld at all, I'm able to just put my head In the general direction of the scope and find the eyebox easy, regardless of how I'm situated.

Last edited:
I took the leupold mark 4hd and the nightforce atacr out to the range today. The glass is excellent in both. Resolution was great in both scopes at 100 yards. I couldn't get the 5-25x nightforce to focus at 25 yards for sighting in. The leupold wasn't able to focus well at 25 yards, but it was a slightly better picture than the nightforce. I felt like the leupold was a hair brighter than the nightforce. Next week I'll take them out to the long range and shoot to a mile.

I took the leupold mark 4hd and the nightforce atacr out to the range today. The glass is excellent in both. Resolution was great in both scopes at 100 yards. I couldn't get the 5-25x nightforce to focus at 25 yards for sighting in. The leupold wasn't able to focus well at 25 yards, but it was a slightly better picture than the nightforce. I felt like the leupold was a hair brighter than the nightforce. Next week I'll take them out to the long range and shoot to a mile.
Perfect, thank you for the update.

I just tried calling Leupold to speak with them about the optical differences of the newer MK4 and MK5, 8-32x and 7-35x with PR2 MOA reticles, as those are the 2 I'm mainly interested in. But it sounds like the techs are out until Monday so that conversation will have to wait.

They will be going on long range hunting/target rifles out to 1200 yards for my applications.

Reactions: Tcorb734
Anyone have experience with Mark 4 2.5-10? I'm curious if the lack of parallax adjustment is a problem or not.

Im using the 2.5-10 RFP Illuminated TMR at my 3 gun competition next Saturday. I will report back regarding any thoughts on parallax/ wishing there was some adjustment.

Engagements are usually from 10 yards (offset red dot), 120-300 yards (scope) on a stage so that should be adequate for comparison on dialed at 2.5 and then up to 10 (a little overkill for 300 yards, but should be a good judge of lacking parallax and how it affects things)

Was worried about the big nob on the windage blocking view to the offset but looks like it's going to be perfect :)

IMG_2421.jpg
IMG_2419.jpg
IMG_2418.jpg

Last edited: