• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark IV clicks

bbrand71

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
Baytown, Texas
Can Leupold do anything to improve the the clicks on a Mark IV with M1 knobs? Mine are hard to feel and even harder to hear. I don't know if this is common all all Mark IV's. Money's tight and times are hard so please don't tell me I need to upgrade to S&B, NF, or USO (although I wish I could).

Re: Leupold Mark IV clicks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbrand71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can Leupold do anything to improve the the clicks on a Mark IV with M1 knobs? Mine are hard to feel and even harder to hear. I don't know if this is common all all Mark IV's. Money's tight and times are hard so please don't tell me I need to upgrade to S&B, NF, or USO (although I wish I could). </div></div>

Have you talked to Leupold about this yet, if so what did they say? I have the same problem with my Mark IV.

I haven't spoken to them yet. I just assumed that's the way Leupy's were. I've had the opportunity lately to use some other high-end scopes, and it really made me see how "mushy" Leupy clicks are. I posted this to see if anyone else had this issue or knew of improvements.

Definately get ahold of leupold, my last scope was so loud that I once woke my wife up and she was in the bedroom down the hall with the door shut.

as is the case most of the time with whatever scope's turrets, assuming a decent relative quality of the scope in the first place ... there are rubber O-Rings on the turrets that help keep them centered in the housing, and if these are either too large or swollen for some reason, or perhaps not lubed well, your adjustments will feel mushy because of it ...

Before you fire off to Leupy, try unscrewing the hex nut and take the turret off ... remove the O-Ring, then reinstall the turret and check the clicks. If things are right with the turret proper, you will get very true, positive, audible/tactile clicks ... and you'll then know it's the O-Ring causing the issue, and you can either lube the O-Rings and reinstall them, or you can try finding the next smaller size to use.

If the clicks are still mushy, then fire off to Leupy and let them fix it ...

Thanks WGM. I was thinking that the 0rings might have something to do with it. I will take them off tonight and see if that works. Thanks for the responses

It was the o-rings! I removed them and the knobs are great. I figured they were there for a reason, so I lubed them and replaced them. Still sounds and feels good with them lubed. Thanks for the suggestions.