• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics leupold mark5 hd 899

dspjaggar

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
29 palms ca
came across a post on a facebook group a guy scored this. doesnt reflect online but if you are near a cabelas may be worth checking out if in the market

leupold.JPG

It will be interesting to see if this is a mistake and how quickly Cabelas responds to it, I bet phones are ringing off the hook at Cabela's stores today with questions on it.

That's for the 2-10x duplex. Price goes up from there.

Seems unlikely it's the 2-10x, the clearance tag clearly says 5HD which isn't made in a 2-10x and $899 is regular price for the VX5 2-10, not a sale.

Looking around cabelas today I came across a steal. They had the Leupold mark 5hd 3.6-18x44 ffp tmr 35mm tube marked down to $899 from $1799. May check your local one and have them scan it cause another cabelas a buddy went to showed it $1799 but rang up $899.

^^^ this was the text the dude posted with the picture

I just called my local store, VX-6HD are on heavy discount as well, $799 for 2-12.

Called local cabelas in Lehi Utah and they don’t have that sale going on

I called a store near a friend and hes going to pick one up for me later, if all you savages font buy them out before then lol. This blew up fast. No stores near me

Reactions: Bender
Update from Cabrla’s Allen TX
The sale is real, though they only have 2, and 1 of them is display item. The brand new one was sold (I’m not the buyer).

I’d call the Kansas City store and order it over the phone. I’m sure they’ll do that for a sale
Just called the Allen TX store they don’t do phone orders dammit. I wish there was a cabelas near me.

Just got off the phone with buda tx....the store near my friend. If one of you guys is the dude who just bought all 3 they had in stock I'd appreciate it if you hook a dude up.

Anyone going want to pick up and extra and I’ll give you $100 extra for your time?

I'll offer to do a thing for those with no Cabelas near them...if you can call and confirm my Cabelas (Gonzales, LA) has them at the listed price I will purchase and ship to you. You pay me back for scope and shipping via PayPal. No extra charge. PM me and we can work it out. Trying to help some folks out but I'm not interested in going on a wild goose chase so make sure you confirm they have what you want.

THANK YOU @dspjaggar!
Just got the last one at rock hill nc. Other stores I called are sold out. Trend I saw trying to get my hands on one is employees didn't know about the sale, its only for the TMR model & each store only has 1 or 2. Act fast - it's real!

Reactions: dspjaggar
Like guys above I live 4 hours from a cabelas but would be willing add some money for your time and shipping to me if someone picked up a extra Thanks.

I'll offer to do a thing for those with no Cabelas near them...if you can call and confirm my Cabelas (Gonzales, LA) has them at the listed price I will purchase and ship to you. You pay me back for scope and shipping via PayPal. No extra charge. PM me and we can work it out. Trying to help some folks out but I'm not interested in going on a wild goose chase so make sure you confirm they have what you want.

called the store they have one i asked them to ring it up and no dice not on sale there
thanks though

I know the guy, I'll text him

that would be awesome, let me know

By the way bass pro had 2 instock in san antonio but like i said thats 4 hours away from me. If some one is in the area.

my little bro is headed there now, what did they say on price? ill have him pick up the other one as well if he gets there in time

@NHPiper and I just drove to Mass and picked up the two at that store. Thanks for the heads up!

I just got a new one from Leupold and the TMR reticle has a center dot....

Wonder if that has anything to do with this. It was also the ill. model.

my little bro is headed there now, what did they say on price? ill have him pick up the other one as well if he gets there in time
He told me there was no sale then i had him ring it up and said you are right its 899 but then wouldnt sale it to me over the phone that would be great if he could pick one up for me.

Reactions: Mallardmilitia
Someone at that store screwed up which I have seen at my cabelas in CT. This particular sale is supposed to be for the vx5. East Hartford CT cabelas said bx5 starts at $899.

They confirmed the price. I'm headed there now for another member here. He was told they have three

my little bro is ~20 min out from the San Antonio location, if he doesnt get one there and timing works out ill hit you back.

this thread got epic fast..

i had no intention of buying a scope today lol

Reactions: CSRazle55
I was on the phone with the Buda store when their 3 sold.

They confirmed that no CC sales over the phone but told me you could buy an E-gift card and use that for store purchase over the phone. I don't know how long it takes to email you the info or if a store would hold it for you. I was in process when the 3 sold so I didn't find out. All sold in the Houston area.

Reactions: dspjaggar
I was on the phone with the Buda store when their 3 sold.

They confirmed that no CC sales over the phone but told me you could buy an E-gift card and use that for store purchase over the phone. I don't know how long it takes to email you the info or if a store would hold it for you. I was in process when the 3 sold so I didn't find out. All sold in the Houston area.

i called early this morning also and confirmed 3 called back to try to try to buy over the phone and dude was buying all 3 lol