• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold mark5 reticle -tmr different from illuminated tmr?

capotter2012

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2019
Indiana
Looking at leupold's website it appears that the illuminated tmr option has a floating center dot while the non-illuminated version has a solid center crossair. Can anyone confirm this is correct for the non-illuminated version?

Attachments

• PXL_20201112_131057217.jpg
    PXL_20201112_131057217.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20201112_131104351.jpg
    PXL_20201112_131104351.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 89
The “true” or I should say “original” TMR was originally used on a second focal plane mark4. It was also illuminated.

The one with the dot is the front focal plane TMR. Also available illuminated.

I will also add neither have a solid center, or cross hair. The original TMR has an open center. If you look closely you’ll see what I’m referring too.

The non-illum TMR in the MK5 is open center as pictured. I do not have the illuminated version and can not comment on that one.

I have both ... illuminated has a dot, non-illuminated does not. The etched lines on the illuminated version are WAY thicker than on the non-illuminated version. That "line width" is actually a much bigger deal at distance, than the dot-or-no-dot feature. At long distances on small targets, I find the big lines and center dot to be a little too much reticle to easily see the target. All that said, in bright sunlight on dark targets ... I really like the illuminated version. Hope that helps.