• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Spottingscope device

Spuhr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2009
Sweden
www.spuhr.com
We will make our first run of those accesorie rings.
The intention is to make it easy to mount whatever can be needed on to the Leupold spotter.

This is how it looks like yet, now is here anyone who have any sugestions on any changes to the rings?

This will allow all accesories that goes on our scopemount system to go on the Leupold spotters.
So all kinds of stuff like picatinny rails, doktor, rmr , ACI mounts etc will fit and still at a fairly small package.

In the future there will possible be options to hang on PVS22 and other NVGs to.
So opinions now, what have I missed?

Håkan

Attachments

• Leupold ring.jpg
    Leupold ring.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 50
  • bild 9.JPG
    bild 9.JPG
    999.7 KB · Views: 34
  • bild 11.JPG
    bild 11.JPG
    973.1 KB · Views: 43
A US simrad dovetail...:D

looks like a nice design. I presume this ring sandwiches around the objective then? How tight does it end up being?

I see the benefit.

What I think there is a need for is a mount similar to this https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.com/electro-optic-rail-grabber-clrf-lrti/?expandable=3

But built a bit smaller for Vectronix PLRF05-PLRF15's interface with that attachment ring and keep the price down some from the $688 APO wants. There have been a large number of DIY solutions but they all leave a lot to be desired.

having a solution that doesn't weigh a ton, is solid and adjustable to mount a LRF to a Mark 4 would be stellar

ALSO if you do not add NV gear to counterbalance the weight, with the spotter being mounted at the furthest forward point like shown above does it make the setup unstable? Or back heavy?

I have been working on a compact aligment mount for a long tine and it will come later than The Leopold ring.

I don't find The leupold backheavy as its fairly light and short.

This is a simple way of turning the upside down leupold right.....

Håkan

Here is a few Pictures of my intentions.
But as previously said this is NOT production ready yet.
The build height from top of picatinny to underside of LRF is about .75"
The mechanism is protected by sealing and no dirt is intented to come inside.
The green part is the vectronix attachment, and it should be mounted on the LRF and not removed.
The green dovetail can be moved on and off the adjustment deviece with keept zero.
If needed a picatinny like the blue on should be able to be used for maybe other LRF or possible strong lasers who lacks adjustment devices.

NOPE, I don't know when this reach production.
YES, I am very open for smart sugestions for making this even more user friendly:)

Håkan

Attachments

• Vectronix assy4.jpg
    Vectronix assy4.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Vectronix assy5.jpg
    Vectronix assy5.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Vectronix assy6.jpg
    Vectronix assy6.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 28
Oh almost forgot, how about a mounting solution for the RULER/STORM! The rails look long enough but the heigh might be an issue.

jajypysa.jpg

We make lots if parts for that interface. Here is The Danish Army kit, that is supplied with almost every rifle in the Danish army that have a scope. Here is two rails that are 3" long and almost 3/4" high.
Suppose that is sufficient for Rulr?

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a similar solution for a vortex razor spotter with mount for terrapin, looks like I just need to trade the vortex for a leupold and wait for this mount to become a reality. Way better than a block of foam and some duct tape:)

Those are some exciting new products Hakan! Congratulations on the innovation and design. This should be a very good market for you with the large number of MK4 spotters out there in the military, LEO and civilian realms.

Looks like the accessory mounting ring for the Leupold spotter will be first up to bring to market. Any idea of when they might be available? Offering it with a few (2-3 maybe) accessory kits like the one in your picture would be sweet!

Keep up the great work and please keep us posted!

I too would like to see a terrapin mount for the 80mm leupold. I'de like to retain the factory tripod mount for the spotter though. I'm not so sure about hanging the weight of my spotter on the objective.

First batch just came back from surfacetreatment (accesoryring) and is availible through Mile High and our webshop.

Like the terrapin mount.
Here is a few Pictures of my intentions.
But as previously said this is NOT production ready yet.
The build height from top of picatinny to underside of LRF is about .75"
The mechanism is protected by sealing and no dirt is intented to come inside.
The green part is the vectronix attachment, and it should be mounted on the LRF and not removed.
The green dovetail can be moved on and off the adjustment deviece with keept zero.
If needed a picatinny like the blue on should be able to be used for maybe other LRF or possible strong lasers who lacks adjustment devices.

NOPE, I don't know when this reach production.
YES, I am very open for smart sugestions for making this even more user friendly:)

Håkan

Here is some recent photos of the finnished Product.
The Pictures are from a european SF unit serving in Africa.
The NV attachment is just prototypes that they are testing but I will likely put those into production.

Anyway the accesory ring is produced and Mile High Shooting accesories have it in stock.
all our scopemount attachments such as picatinny rail, red dot interfaces and ACI interfaces fits this ring.

Attachments

• Leupold attachment ring.jpg
    Leupold attachment ring.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 59
  • Leupold spotter with attachment ring and simrad.jpg
    Leupold spotter with attachment ring and simrad.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 57
  • Leupold attachment ring with PVS22.jpg
    Leupold attachment ring with PVS22.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 10536227_10203568567590704_213083585_o.jpg
    10536227_10203568567590704_213083585_o.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 57
Looks great! I did not see this on Mile High's website. Did I overlook it or have they not yet updated the site to include it?