• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold TMR type reticle in moa

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I always liked the TMR reticel that leupold uses, but it is only in mil increments. I was wondering if there was a MOA reticle that has the dead center of the crosshair blank like the TMR.

I even thought about seeing if USO could design me one, but 1k is a good deal of money just to have a mdmoa with the very center crosshair removed.

a TMR in moa would be a nice offering. Tactical- MOA -Reticle. Dont even have to change the reticle name.

Re: Leupold TMR type reticle in moa

been-
I've heard a few others talk about a reticle with a blank center. I kind of think the TMR lines are very thin. Several shooters complain of them disappearing in bright and lowlight conditions.

Have you used the TMR? Did it obscure the target for you?

I have used it on previous leupold scopes of mine and again recently on a buddies new build. I really liked the reticle. His was a FFP model. I didnt think it was too thin. I do have trouble with my NF reticles on occasion, but nothing too bad to complain about. I really like the blank center. It allows me to put the black targt bull directly in center.

thanks for the input.

Beenjammin if you have a SFP TMR do like I did and set it up in 2 moa increments. Set up a target at 100 yards marked in moa increments and turn the power down until the 1 mil hash mark represents 4 moa and mark the setting on the power ring. With the half mil hash marks the reticle is now divided into 2 moa markings.

Ben hahahah I can see I'm rubbing off on you. I love the TMR with the open middle a lot more than I thought I would at first. I originally had the ER/T with the M1 knobs, but switched to the PST because the reticle and turrets both matched in mils. I just now bought the TMR with the M5 knobs, and it is a great scope. The MOA should definitely be high on Leupold's list to attract more revenue. Today for instance, I was talking to a coworker who hunts a lot and uses his Leupold with the duplex reticle and was unaware of the MOA reticles. He said he didn't like mildots because of "the strange calculations" so I told him about the MOA's and he was very fond of the idea being that it measures in minutes which are very close to inches. Him, being the diehard Leupold-loving hunter stated that he would definitely switch all his scopes to the MOA system if they introduced them.

I have a Leupold with TMR reticle also. But I got a US Optics with the RWF22 reticle which it does not have the center of the cross hairs blank but it has very thin cross hairs in the center. I can quarter 1/4" targets easily. Also this reticle is in True MOA which match my turrets in TMOA. I really like this reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF they made a MOA Reticle, they could sell me scopes again. </div></div>

I agree with this statement. I dont know why they dont venture into the market.

It is in moa, 1.77 for the small tics and 3.44 for the big ones.....

If ten of the people responding that they'd buy one are serious then it's only $14 more each than other USO reticles.....

I Have thought about this ever since the mil turrets came out , as I thought swapping the reticle out so the scope is a moa/moa scope would be the better/smarter option .

I especially would like this option for the older fixed power 10x M1/M3 & the 16x M1 scopes , it would be the perfect upgrade .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is in moa, 1.77 for the small tics and 3.44 for the big ones.....

If ten of the people responding that they'd buy one are serious then it's only $14 more each than other USO reticles..... </div></div>

I was going to post the same thing
smile.gif

I do not get these MOA reticule and the drive behind them.

Its a much slower system.

John

You can make any scope SFP MIL RET scope read MOA. You will need a boresight or commentator that reads in MOA. I have done this to quite a few scopes. You will also have to remark the scopes.

Mike @ CST