• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold turrets

Morgan321

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2013
Even leupold's website doesn't have a clear description of their available m5 turrets.

B2 is the pinch version?
C2 is the very short turret with 0 stop? Does it lock? I don't see a button or anything in the pictures I can find? Never seen them in person...

I see reviews of the pinch turrets being "sloppy", is that accurate? I like the low profile idea, but can't find details about it. Buying a mk6 in fed/mil program, options are b2/tmr or c2/tremor.

B2 pinch, yes
C2 does have zero stop, as well as turn indicator. It locks, but only at the zero.

As for sloppy, Leupold's turrets are softer than many others in feel. I don't know if this is a bad thing. I really don't like hard stressed out feeling turrets like the old premiers had. I like a smoother feel like a USO. As for the play, I don't remember exactly how much / if they had noticeable play in them.

The C2 turrets are very similar in form and function to the C1 turrets on the 1-6x Mark 6. There is a button to press to move it off of zero, but after its moved off of zero it doesn't lock. IE, the lock is just there to the turret doesn't get bumped off of zero by accident. The C2s also have a pop-up rev indicator.

The reviews are pretty mixed about the B2, enough that with what I've read combined with my experiance with the M2 turrets on another Mark 4 scope, I wouldn't buy a Mark 6 with the B2s. I'm also a fan of the C2s profile.

They need more mk6 options for their fed/mil program. Do they even make the a2 anymore?

I think I'm gonna have to find them in person to see before buying, these prices are getting nuts even at their fed/mil prices!