• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Updated Leupold Mark 6?

Cswedeen

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
Saw an odd Leupold Mark 6 for sale on a Facebook group awhile ago, differences externally being a locking windage turret (like the M5C3 elevation turret on the newer MK6s), and allegedly MK5HD-like glass. Seller said it was part of a submission for a SOCOM optic solicitation. Aside from the one-off scope, I've only been able to find an example in use with the Israeli IDF- in fact it seems all Mark 6s in use by the IDF are this hybrid variant.

Never seen one before, and if it does have the upgraded glass would be appealing due to the lower weight/form factor of the Mk6 vs the MK5HD series. I have a Tremor3 Mk5HD 3.6-18 and love it, but I think a Mk6 with upgraded glass would be ideal for a long-range hunting rig with a simpler TMR style reticle.

Anyone else have any info on these?

800px-Leupold-Mark-6-on-IDF-M24-SWS-2018.jpg

IIRC, because of that contract you could have the custom shop put a locking windage turret on a standard mk6.

As far as the glass, it should be easy to see comparing side by side (I have, the mk6 glass is obviously dated). I doubt you'll get any official response on the glass quality.

Reactions: Cswedeen
Interesting! Really wish they'd bring back the custom shop, they did some awesome stuff.
Or re-open Premier Reticles! I had a couple of Leupolds they had added dots and elevation turrets to back in the day when I was shooting Hunter's Pistol. They were the hot set-up back in the mid 80's.....

Interesting! Really wish they'd bring back the custom shop, they did some awesome stuff.

I've been waiting to order some stuff. Starting to get frustrated.

They need to leave Oregon and build a bigger and better facility with space to move. They keep using the excuse of no space to expand or ability to hire employees.

Agreed. Frustrating to see them basically sit back with zero innovation since the rollout of the mk6 and mk8 line. And the choice of reticles just boggles my mind. They have TMR firedot reticles in their low-end hunting scopes, but not the premier vx5 and vx6 lines? That's what was intriguing about the "updated" Mark 6 to me.