• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition LEUPOLD VX-6 7-42x56

Scope going back for repair after 56 rounds of .308. When I adjust the side focus I hear a cluck noise. I will be calling Leupold in the AM for a RMA.:mad:

My scope is at leupold I should get it back in about three weeks if it is a easy fix. :( Slow boat for us common folks looks like I will have to use my old scope for the next month or so. :(

I think this new optic from Leupold warrants a review against the 2013 and 2014 NF 15-55x52s.
I lot of comparison here to the 12-42 nxs and 8-32, but none to the NF Competition 15-55 with or without the new features for 2014.

Rough Price Comparison:
2013 15-55x52 NF Comp $1750
2014 7-42x56 Leupold VX6 $1999
2014 15-55x52 NF Comp $2300

For me, I'm looking to find an optic to complete a dedicated F-Open rig or potentially... the sidelined F-TR project.

By the way, thanks Tactical for the details and follow up on this thread.

Superb Leupold VX6 7-42x56

the new VX6 is a superb scope, for me the best out there. I am posting a thread about my 2014 Fclass Europeans experience with it.
Eduardo

the new VX6 is a superb scope, for me the best out there. I am posting a thread about my 2014 Fclass Europeans experience with it.
Eduardo

Glad yours is working mine fell apart in 56 round. The side focus is making clucking noise when you turn the knob, I know of two others doing the same thing. Leupold got my scope on 8-21-14 but did not enter there system till 9-3-14 with a average repair time of 18 working days. I should get it back sometime in Oct.

I got my Leupold back today way ahead of what I thought it would be just one problem They did not fix it just moved the clucking noise. Before it was in middle of turning the focus knob now it make the noise at the ends. :mad:

I got my Leupold back today way ahead of what I thought it would be just one problem They did not fix it just moved the clucking noise. Before it was in middle of turning the focus knob now it make the noise at the ends. :mad:

Does the noise cause any problem with the focus?

After some heated e-mails Leupold is sending me a new VX6 7-42X56. They called me and said they could fix I said what else is bad inside and I could not have confidence with that scope build. I have to say on the second trip they work great I just hope this one stays together I really like the scope.;)

Last edited:
I got the new one today and it is worse than the first one. Not only do if fell moving pats that go cluck it fells like it is binding too. Never will I buy a POS Leupold again.

Sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I am the Product Line Manager for these scopes and am working very hard to get to resolution for you. Most of all, I very much want to talk with you and review all of the facts and details of this product. As with any Leupold Scope, we are very proud and stand behind all of the products we make. There are many american craftsmen involved with bringing this product to you. I have sent you a private message with my direct contact information. We can make this right for you and provide you with what I am proud to say is, One of the best scopes in the market today.

I talked to leupold this AM and they have found what was causing my problem and have fixed it. So any thing built after today will be a good scope.

Sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I am the Product Line Manager for these scopes and am working very hard to get to resolution for you. Most of all, I very much want to talk with you and review all of the facts and details of this product. As with any Leupold Scope, we are very proud and stand behind all of the products we make. There are many american craftsmen involved with bringing this product to you. I have sent you a private message with my direct contact information. We can make this right for you and provide you with what I am proud to say is, One of the best scopes in the market today.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to join the forum and add to the discussion. To me, it speaks volumes for Leupold's commitment to their customers. I have been a Leupold user for 28 years and I have had very good luck with their products. I am proud to say I support the American working man and woman.

I talked to leupold this AM and they have found what was causing my problem and have fixed it. So any thing built after today will be a good scope.

Hate to disagree with you but from what I have seen with thousands or rounds of use in competition is a great scope. If you have some insight to a problem that the three of the team shooters have not found please share with everyone.

I am not trying to offend you but after several decades of teaching folks to shoot I like facts to go on. A clicking noise may be a big problem or no problem.

Hate to disagree with you but from what I have seen with thousands or rounds of use in competition is a great scope. If you have some insight to a problem that the three of the team shooters have not found please share with everyone.

I am not trying to offend you but after several decades of teaching folks to shoot I like facts to go on. A clicking noise may be a big problem or no problem.

There is another guy selling two on Accurate Shooter right now that says that they are replacement scopes from Leupy to replace two that had focus issues. I didn't ask but I took that to be something similar to this.

Mike I think when you can feel moving parts inside the scope it is a big problem. The problem per Leupold was they were assembling the side focus on the VX6 7-42x 56 wrong. leupold has been assembling this scope wrong for many months and with poor quality control that as allowed bad scopes get out to the public. If they were assembling the side focus wrong what else might be assembled wrong. The other big problem is with how leupold handle every thing. The first time I called they acted like I did not know any thing, sure one of our scope broke send it in and we will tell you if it is broke or not. Once it got there I called 24 hours after UPS said it was snide for. All I got was a excuse on way the have not seen my scope and they will get back to me when they have seen it. Two weeks latter a I get a post card they have it and it will be about 18 business day for the repair. I hated the arrogant attitude and excuses of the first and second calls after that it was what I would what in customer service. My first impression of Leupold is they are arrogant and give excuses on way something was not done.

I now this is old but I am giving the scope a second chance. I put a new barrel on and I an 4 oz over weight I need the 1 oz to make weight. One of the fellow local shooter has been using three for the past two years.

Last edited:
I made big change I went to a MPA BA Hydried chassis. This chassis is all most 3/4 of a Lb lighter now I am 8 Oz under weight.
20180902_082559 (1024x546).jpg
and gain 8 Oz.

Interested in getting a few recent reports on this scope to see if all issues wrere resolved. Almost 4 years have gone by with no updates on current experiences. I have never been interested in owning a Leopold over quality and customer service problems. I am not the typical Leopold user that can buy 2 to make sure 1 functions.

Interested in getting a few recent reports on this scope to see if all issues wrere resolved. Almost 4 years have gone by with no updates on current experiences. I have never been interested in owning a Leopold over quality and customer service problems. I am not the typical Leopold user that can buy 2 to make sure 1 functions.
I had one of the early problems and service was very good I got my money back after they did not fix my problem.