• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Levang Liniar

Re: Levang Liniar

I have a Troy Claymore brake which is surprisingly similar to the Levang on an M4 type carbine. My main purpose was to moderate the sound since it was advertised to direct most of the sound/muzzle blast forward. It indeed does that and quite well(my dog hates gunfire and with the Claymore installed, she didn't even raise her head when I was shooting 25yards away). Additionally, I estimate a better than 25% reduction in felt recoil. So, I say brakes of that kind on non-magnum rifles are worth looking at, based on this experiance.

I have the Levang Linear on my AR-15 type pistol. It does direct the muzzle blast forward so my pistol's loudness decreases to that of a standard flash hider type 16" AR.

I still get muzzle flip, maybe a bit less but not by much.

I have a levang linear comp on an 18 inch 5.56 barrel. I bought it with the intent of reducing the report so that it did not bother my 10 year old boy so much and encourage him to shoot it more.
It does reduce the report some, but I think you really have to be paying attention to tell the difference. It is still quite a loud crack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a levang linear comp on an 18 inch 5.56 barrel. I bought it with the intent of reducing the report so that it did not bother my 10 year old boy so much and encourage him to shoot it more.
It does reduce the report some, but I think you really have to be paying attention to tell the difference. It is still quite a loud crack. </div></div>

+1

I have one for my 16" 5.56 upper and I like it. I havent fired it without the break so I have nothing to compare it to, but just a few feet away, people inside my truck with the windows down arent bothered at all.

Get it. Its cheap, and less sound = good.

Thanks guys....yea I planned on getting it anyway.

This is going on an entry gun and would like something that is a bit more friendly for my com padre's on an entry...

Of the ones you guys mentioned, which do you think is the most effective?

How frikin long is the Troy Claymore? I have been searching and not even Troy posts the specs on their own frikin brake....besides thread pitch...

The Claymore 5.56 is right at 2 1/4 inches including the threaded portion. For comparison, the A2 is 1 3/4 inches long.

Are these only made for the Ar15's?
anyone else have any comments? I want one for my SPS Tactical.

If you have a .223 sps tactical w/threaded barrel you are good to go. I just picked one up for mine.