• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Leviathan Suppressor... any experience?

114 dB on a 6.5 Creedmoor with a 7 inch suppressor... Nonsense. A suppressor company loses credibillity to me when they post numbers like that.

Reactions: NateVA
I don't have the meters with me, but they are not that quiet, for sure I can tell you that.

However, with a precision rifle can, the sound is the last thing you worry about it.

Accuracy and Precision is most important

The cans are very accurate and work well with the rifles. Sound wise, LOL, that is comical, we are shooting supersonic ammo, talk of sound is stupid on so many levels I cannot begin to tell you. With overly 30 suppressors in my stable, they all "Sound" the same, the tones change, and you might see a few dbs here and there but usually, it's a difference of 3dbd, not 30.

You can hear it here, though camera mics don't work right with suppressors

Sounds like everything else

Their two products completely overlap (as far as dimensions) with the Ultra-7 and 338 Ultra I have on order from TBAC. It would be cool if someone did a comparison. Though those decibel numbers they have posted kind of sketch me out as far as their honesty goes, unless they're about to blow all other competition out of the water and revolutionize the industry. It's supersonic ammo so sound is kind of moot at a certain point but that does rouse some suspicion.

They probably just used the meter wrong

the electronic meters have two different readings and have to be used differently than the analog ones. There is a low number and the initial pop number

There is no comparison necessary I have both, they are similar enough it would be hard to tell a difference, The comparison thing is a bit overplayed today as stuff is just to close to be able to say, A is better than B,

Accuracy and Precision are the tests, do they maintain or increase accuracy or do they deviate?

Do they hit the same marks from on to off that is a test,

The sound is lame, having been to a bunch of sound tests I can tell you it's about volume and when the cans have a similar volume you are not gonna "Hear" a difference, just a tone change. Thick walls vs Thinner walls, changes the tone. Internals change the tone. If they are quieter it's usually a tiny amount

The new tests are going beyond sound to leakage around the mount and return to zero, etc, not so much sound.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Was out with Chris and spoke too him about the advertised numbers,

He measured from the ear, they did not do a milspec test.

He figured it was more inline with his target audience for a precision rifle can
Appreciate the Update lowlight!

Met with Chris, the owner, this morning. excellent dude and completely down to earth. we just met and talked. never tried selling anything, we just swapped stories and I asked him what his company was all about. getting back to those advertised numbers, he said shooters ear. I said, I'm not sure thats' advertised on your website, he chuckled, i think I better change that huh?!

Reactions: mercracing
Lowlight can you comment about the recoil reduction vs a quality brake like the APA little bastard or the area 419 hellfire.
How does it compare recoil vs the tbac ultra 9 30cal if both were on say, 6.5 or 6mm creedmoor? I really wish someone could engineer a suppressor that actually could cut the recoil like a top notch brake but I know that's asking too much.

I did a quick impromptu demo of these suppressors last Sunday. I need to get some more time behind these to put out a real review but for the moment, it seems like the real deal with recoil and Db reduction.
(I have a couple vids but I'm not smart enough how to load them)

Attachments

• E0CA102A-F6DB-4C7F-ABE2-113EBC95AE4A.jpeg
    E0CA102A-F6DB-4C7F-ABE2-113EBC95AE4A.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 245
I'm also curious to hear about the recoil reducing properties - what makes it different from any other can on that stand point? This has piqued my interest...

I'm also curious to hear about the recoil reducing properties - what makes it different from any other can on that stand point? This has piqued my interest...

I am interested to hear this too. There is no muzzle break on the end of the suppressor so how in the world would it reduce recoil more than any other suppressor of the same weight? There is nothing that can happen internal to the system to affect the recoil unless it just slows the gasses from coming out the front better than most other suppressors.

For now I call complete BS on the claim it is better at reducing recoil than other suppressors.

I tried one out at lone survivor that they had. I can’t say it was any better than my harvester for sound reduction but my hearings already shit as it is. I did like the look of it.

I am interested to hear this too. There is no muzzle break on the end of the suppressor so how in the world would it reduce recoil more than any other suppressor of the same weight? There is nothing that can happen internal to the system to affect the recoil unless it just slows the gasses from coming out the front better than most other suppressors.

For now I call complete BS on the claim it is better at reducing recoil than other suppressors.

Since you are a professional know it all shall I attempt to explain to you the recoiling benefits of these suppressors?

Since you are a professional know it all shall I attempt to explain to you the recoiling benefits of these suppressors?

If they're doing something different, it would be interesting to learn about it. Go ahead

Yes. Explain how they can reduce recoil more than a suppressor of comparable sound suppression and weight?

I'd love an explanation as to how they reduce recoil better than other suppressors of similar sound suppression and weight also. The recoil reduction of a suppressor is directly tied to its sound suppression, as I understand it. What are they doing differently to reduce more recoil without vastly different sound suppression?

If you shoot the cans side by side you will notice a dramatic difference in recoil impulse and will surely see a reduction in "jump" in the reticle. Don't dispute claims unless you are in the position to objectively disprove what those claims are. Conjecture is a cancer..........

Reactions: kthomas
If you shoot the cans side by side you will notice a dramatic difference in recoil impulse and will surely see a reduction in "jump" in the reticle. Don't dispute claims unless you are in the position to objectively disprove what those claims are. Conjecture is a cancer..........
It's entirely possible that the claim is true. Having said that, it's not on us to just believe what people say without evidence. It's on the person making the claim to prove it.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Agreed, I was skeptical at first, then I shot the cans and formed my opinion by actual experience, not by assuming that it couldn't be true.

Agreed, I was skeptical at first, then I shot the cans and formed my opinion by actual experience, not by assuming that it couldn't be true.
I'm genuinely interested in how it's done if it's true. I was under the impression that recoil reduction in a can was directly tied to suppression of sound. If that's not the case I'm very curious as to what is actually responsible for the recoil reduction.

This very well could become the suppressor for my PRS rifle. After shooting the Quiet Riot this year, I want to do all my future shooting suppressed.

The recoil reducing properties is a very desirable benefit.

So if what they are claiming defies the laws of physics I shouldn't call B.S. unless I have shot with one?

I have nothing against this company and I have heard from several guys that shoot their suppressors that they are great. I just don't like marketing BS. Unless this suppressor is tested on a recoil test stand (like what you see muzzle breaks tested on) and it performs better than other suppressors I am still calling BS.

Did you shoot two different guns with 2 different suppressors or the same gun with 2 different suppressors?

Im a layman so you might help me out with this, which laws of physics are being broken and how are they being broken, or as you would say claiming to be broken? Im confused.

Marketing is everywhere and isn't going anywhere, hate the player not the game homie.

Ive shot the cans on about 10 different rifles with different loads on each, this is after burning 3, 6 creed barrels with a TBAC, 2 6.5 creed barrels with omegas, in 2 rifles specifically. The thing that got me with these cans are after shooting a match at CORE with a TBAC ultra 7, Chris asked me to throw on his cans and give them a whirl, i warned him beforehand that i wasn't going to lie to him just in case his suppressors performed poorly, i shot all three of the cans at that time, TBAC, Ghost, Reaper the rest is history.

This very well could become the suppressor for my PRS rifle. After shooting the Quiet Riot this year, I want to do all my future shooting suppressed.

The recoil reducing properties is a very desirable benefit.

They are truly amazing, other people such as TBAC make a great can as well but, I truly enjoy the offerings by Leviathan

Im a layman so you might help me out with this, which laws of physics are being broken and how are they being broken, or as you would say claiming to be broken? Im confused.

Marketing is everywhere and isn't going anywhere, hate the player not the game homie.

Ive shot the cans on about 10 different rifles with different loads on each, this is after burning 3, 6 creed barrels with a TBAC, 2 6.5 creed barrels with omegas, in 2 rifles specifically. The thing that got me with these cans are after shooting a match at CORE with a TBAC ultra 7, Chris asked me to throw on his cans and give them a whirl, i warned him beforehand that i wasn't going to lie to him just in case his suppressors performed poorly, i shot all three of the cans at that time, TBAC, Ghost, Reaper the rest is history.

Conservation of momentum.

Recoil is the reaction to sending a bullet and gas down range. A muzzle break allows the rifle to send a bullet downrange and the gas in the opposite direction. A suppressor is less effective at reducing recoil than a muzzle break generally because the gas is only being slowed and is still travelling and exiting in the downrange direction, but at a lower velocity. Suppressors that slow the gas more are quieter as a result.

So, how does the suppressor reduce recoil more than any other suppressor of the same suppression level and weight? The gas is still exiting the front along with the bullet. Where is the magic happening?

Sorry I don’t live on the internet... feel free to call me. My phone number is on our website, Facebook and Instagram.

Why don't you just post your answer on here for all to see?

My question was straight forward. Still waiting for an answer.

Conservation of momentum.

Recoil is the reaction to sending a bullet and gas down range. A muzzle break allows the rifle to send a bullet downrange and the gas in the opposite direction. A suppressor is less effective at reducing recoil than a muzzle break generally because the gas is only being slowed and is still travelling and exiting in the downrange direction, but at a lower velocity. Suppressors that slow the gas more are quieter as a result.

So, how does the suppressor reduce recoil more than any other suppressor of the same suppression level and weight? The gas is still exiting the front along with the bullet. Where is the magic happening?

Good deal, look shoot the can or don't thats 100 percent up to you, if you think its shit cool, if not cool, either way i'm gunna continue to shoot these cans because they flat out perform better than the cans i've shot them against. period

I don’t own one but have shot next to them in matches in Kansas and Oklahoma and they are really quite. My next suppressor will be a one of the leviathan.

Reactions: GunFreak0814
114 at shooters ear with 6.5 Creedmoor? That seems too good to be true, I'm skeptical... No way in physics that they are THAT much better than TBAC.

114 at shooters ear with 6.5 Creedmoor? That seems too good to be true, I'm skeptical... No way in physics that they are THAT much better than TBAC.
It's not so much even a comparison to TBAC specifically. It's really that they're apparently around 15-20 db quieter than every other can on the market. If I recall right, those shooters ear numbers are around the numbers for a suppressed subsonic .22lr

Again, I realize with a centerfire can shooting supersonic ammo it's a moot point but still. If these numbers were true, this can would be good to shoot all day with no hearing protection at all.

It's not so much even a comparison to TBAC specifically. It's really that they're apparently around 15-20 db quieter than every other can on the market. If I recall right, those shooters ear numbers are around the numbers for a suppressed subsonic .22lr

Again, I realize with a centerfire can shooting supersonic ammo it's a moot point but still. If these numbers were true, this can would be good to shoot all day with no hearing protection at all.
Yeah I just specifically mentioned TBAC because I feel they are pretty transparent about their numbers and Ray even does a lot of additional demonstrations on YouTube and they aren't even close to those numbers.

Reactions: Holliday
Additionally, Frank said they aren't much different than any others (and i agree absolute dB number is irrelevant). So there's def something sketchy in those advertised numbers. You'd notice 15-20 dB without any doubt.

Reactions: Holliday
A lot of “too good to be true” on this thread, and it appears Leviathan was too good to be true.

Bumping for the guys who paid money, waited, and never got a thing.