• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Liberty Mystic or??????????? 9mm

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to be buying a 22 can in the next week or 2 and am contemplating getting a 9mm can while I'm going through the motions. Hosts will be m&p 9 pro, glock 17, 19, someday a sig 226, an assortment of 22 rifles and pistols, 8" 300blkout ar. I currently own. Tbac 30ba for my rifles including the 300blkout but the option too had another suppressor I can run on it instead of my precision can would be nice. I would like too hear other options I might have overlooked. Seems this is the best can for my use. I am not interested in any AAC cans, priorities are reliable function of host weapon, noise reduction and tone, ease of disassembly and cleaning customer service. Thanks for all the help.

How will the mystic or other. 9mm cans compare to a dedicated 22 can when both are shot on 22s? And how will the 9 cans compare on a sub 300 blk out compared too a tbac 30ba

What made you decide on the octane? I just got off the phone with silencer shop and they reccomended the octane or the mystic. There opinion was mystic is quieter and a better multi use can, with the octane being lighter but not as quiet. They said it is not a huge difference but suggested the mystic for my use.

I currently have a Osprey 45 and it shoots 22lr supersonics as quietly as a Sparrow SS shooting subsonics. While the Osprey is a good can for most calibers, 22lr is quite dirty so I opted for an Octane 45HD and its going through approval now. Hopefully the Octane will perform as well as the Osprey.

I went with the Octane because the pistons are shared between it and the Osprey. Went with the 45 over the 9mm version to give me more flexibility and choices, additional volume always helps too.

PS> Also have a Saker 762 and TBAC 30BA in jail now.

Last edited:
What made you decide on the octane? I just got off the phone with silencer shop and they reccomended the octane or the mystic. There opinion was mystic is quieter and a better multi use can, with the octane being lighter but not as quiet. They said it is not a huge difference but suggested the mystic for my use.

I already have a Sparrow SS that I'm very pleased with. I also have a TBAC 30P-1 for .223Rem or non-subsonic .300Blackout. In researching the two I never found anything "wrong" with the Liberty Mystic, my preference just ended up being the Octance due to my Sparrow ownership. If you want this for your .300 Blackout and run both subs and high velocity then the Mystic really is the clear choice. I don't think you would be disappointed in either of them.

Ok thanks for the help I placed my order for the essence and am going to wait and see about the 9 can it's more of a novelty for me and it's a little hard too justify, I'm torn.

I've got both he Octane 45 and the Liberty Mystic. The Mystic is a fantastic can. A bit longer than most 9mm suppressors, but quiet. I use it mostly on my 9mm SBR. However, it does cycle well on the pistol hosts too. (Beretta and Glock(s)) I use Trident-9 mounts for it. I use 22 cans on my .22's though. The size of the mystic just makes no sense on .22 for me.

The Octane 45 is a pretty impressive can. Just a bit louder than the Mystic, and the click together baffle stack is a pleasure to work with. Either way you'll be fine.

I've got both he Octane 45 and the Liberty Mystic. The Mystic is a fantastic can. A bit longer than most 9mm suppressors, but quiet. I use it mostly on my 9mm SBR. However, it does cycle well on the pistol hosts too. (Beretta and Glock(s)) I use Trident-9 mounts for it. I use 22 cans on my .22's though. The size of the mystic just makes no sense on .22 for me.

The Octane 45 is a pretty impressive can. Just a bit louder than the Mystic, and the click together baffle stack is a pleasure to work with. Either way you'll be fine.

Regarding the sound difference, are you referring to 300 subs or 9mm?

I have a 45 Octane pending, and will be buying a 9mm Octane for HD purposes but am debating about adding a Mystic strictly for cast loads (357, 38 spl) but also for 300 blk subs.

I imagine the Mystic is quieter for 300 subs due to added volume and baffle design.

OP, I personally am going with a dedicated 9mm can for smaller size and weight. The Mystic is huge comparing it to a 9mm Octane. I think the Mystic really shines on a sub gun, SBR, Encore etc.