• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Liberty Optics has added Tac Ops Drag Bags

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

Got off the phone with Mike from Tac-Ops yesterday, we are going to be set up to be a Tac-Ops dealer!!

I've been watching, and the bags are very well thought of here and throughout the shooting community, with peerless quality of design and construction. The buzz generated by the Group Buys here is deafening.

So, the bags come in short and long, and I think a new super size for .338/.50 cal, and olive, coyote, and mulitcam?

So what's your favorite or what are you looking for? We want to order right the first time.

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Snipers Hide members favorite Tac - Ops drag bag?

+1 for the Multi-cam. I think I saw a picture of a long bag in digi-cam, which looked pretty good. Long straps for the stock packs as well.

+2 for Multicam as well Scott.
throw in a few OD green just for S&Gs as well.

I like OD Green. Keep it simple. I usually have my name stitched on them locally.
I would be interested in the extra long bags for the big caliber rifles.

Coyote and I think long (Remington 700P .308)

Need one these to replace my busted ass midway bag. Coyote long is what I think I need

You guys rock. Jump in as you please, Friday I'll place the order with Mike, it will be 25 units, no obligation on your part, just want to know what the best ratios will be.

Thanks!

Scott

PS - I'll get the 411 on the supersize bag

Excellent - I need to wait until I am home on leave in summer to measure my rifles and make sure I order the right size.

OD extra long for my .338LM and an OD long for my .308. Glad to see Mike is getting the extra long into production.

Now I can get the Short MultiCam bag I've been pining after...
wink.gif

DO you have some pictures you can post?

What are the lengths of the short and long

multicam or od short

Would like to see a pic with a AX Chassis in the folded position in a bag..

I have the coyote, short bag. Haven't a single complaint with it... If you get in a Multicam long bag, I want it!

Preston

Please answer me this question, are the bags primarily for bolt action or will a LMT MWS with USOptics fit in the short bag easy.

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please answer me this question, are the bags primarily for bolt action or will a LMT MWS with USOptics fit in the short bag easy.

Thanks,

77 </div></div>

Hey, I'm new to the product line so can't speak from experience. Somebody else can chime in or I will find out for you

Scott

My 20" GAP-10 with a 5-25x56 S&B fits in my TacOps drag bag without a problem.

Here's some pics of my bag for anyone who hasn't seen them. I really like the bag alot. Been using it for a few years now.

a.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

f.jpg

s.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

z.jpg

No it's the standard length. Back when I got it they didn't have a short bag I don't believe. I can fit my 28" barreled Creedmoor in there no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiders,

Got off the phone with Mike from Tac-Ops yesterday, we are going to be set up to be a Tac-Ops dealer!!

I've been watching, and the bags are very well thought of here and throughout the shooting community, with peerless quality of design and construction. The buzz generated by the Group Buys here is deafening.</div></div>
Glad to see that you'll be selling Tac Ops Drag Bags Scott. Its' great to see a Hide Vendor adding Tac Ops DBs' to the line-up, and I'm sure that you'll find that the DBs' move well for you. Now Hiders' can use CCs' to simplify payment, continue to support a Hide Vendor, and have order tracking ability through you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, the bags come in short and long, and I think a new super size for .338/.50 cal, and olive, coyote, and mulitcam?

So what's your favorite or what are you looking for? We want to order right the first time.

Thanks!

Scott</div></div>
From previous experience I know that you can't go wrong with MultiCam and OD. After you've been selling the TO DBs' for a while I think that you'll find MultiCam to be the most popular, with OD the second most popular. For general ordering I would split it up 40-50% MultiCam, with the balance of your order split up between OD and Coyote but in favor of OD. Most LE agencies seem to order OD and BLACK.

Also, because no matter how many times you answer the question people will always ask: Tac Ops "SHORT" Drag Bags will fit rifles with OALs' of up to 43.0" comfortably, including those mounted in large "tactical" stocks and mounted with large scopes. Any longer than that and the customer should order the "LONG" size.

Also, a 20" Reaper, OBR, or other AR10-size semi with a large scope will fit into a Tac Ops "SHORT" DB perfectly.

Tac Ops "LONG" Drag Bags will fit rifles with OALs' of up to 51.0" MAXIMUM, including those mounted in large "tactical" stocks and mounted with large scopes. Any longer than that and the customer WILL NEED the "SUPER SIZE"/EXTRA LONG mentioned or a CUSTOM SIZE.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please answer me this question, are the bags primarily for bolt action or will a LMT MWS with USOptics fit in the short bag easy.

Thanks,

77 </div></div>
While Tac Ops Drag Bags are designed to fit bolt action rifles, a number of Hide Members have bought Tac Ops DBs' for their semi .308s', etc. A 20" Reaper, OBR, or other AR10-size semi with a large scope will fit into a Tac Ops "SHORT" DB perfectly.

Keith

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Everyone:</span></span>

I know that Scott can speak for himself - and the only reason I bring this up is that in reply to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">77Bronc</span></span>'s request for photos <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">dogman</span></span> posted a link to a Tac Ops Drag Bag Group Buy thread. I want to point-out to everyone that while Scott has always provided great pricing and Customer Service, no one should expect <span style="font-style: italic">"Group Buy"</span> pricing. I know what it cost Tac Ops to manufacture DBs' in 2011, and it was a lot more than most people think. Quality costs money, and even though Tac Ops is at the top of the supply chain there wasn't a lot of margin there. The Group Buy prices cut to the bone.

Liberty Optics is a Vendor in business to make a profit. They are also downstream in the supply chain and it would be unfair <span style="font-style: italic">(and downright scummy)</span> to expect GB pricing. I wish Liberty Optics the best and hope that the <span style="font-style: italic">"grinders"</span> won't beat Scott up about pricing. All of us benefit when shooting industry supporters prosper. Thanks for reading and for your kind consideration.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Everyone:</span></span>

I know that Scott can speak for himself - and the only reason I bring this up is that in reply to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">77Bronc</span></span>'s request for photos <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">dogman</span></span> posted a link to a Tac Ops Drag Bag Group Buy thread. I want to point-out to everyone that while Scott has always provided great pricing and Customer Service, no one should expect <span style="font-style: italic">"Group Buy"</span> pricing. I know what it cost Tac Ops to manufacture DBs' in 2011, and it was a lot more than most people think. Quality costs money, and even though Tac Ops is at the top of the supply chain there wasn't a lot of margin there. The Group Buy prices cut to the bone.

Liberty Optics is a Vendor in business to make a profit. They are also downstream in the supply chain and it would be unfair <span style="font-style: italic">(and downright scummy)</span> to expect GB pricing. I wish Liberty Optics the best and hope that the <span style="font-style: italic">"grinders"</span> won't beat Scott up about pricing. All of us benefit when shooting industry supporters prosper. Thanks for reading and for your kind consideration.

Keith </div></div>

Aires,

Thanks for the posting...The reason I asked for some pictures is because, unless i am doing something wrong, the Tac Ops website is not easy to navigate, nor locate any bags.

I am looking for a good bag for my LMT MWS/USO set up and after trying many times to even get an email reply from another dealer here that makes good bags, I have all but given up.

I have looked at the I-Shot for the rifle, as I own one of their SERT cases now, it is a well made case, I was looking for something different. I have not seen any pricing listed, does anyone know an approximate price.

Also any pictures of a T-O DB with a LMT/.308 rifle in it would be great.

Many thanks for the help.

77 here is my 20" GAP10 with the 5-25 S&B on it in my Tac Ops bag. My bag is about 51" outside and looks like it will hold up to about a 49" rifle on the inside but it might be a hair more.

DSCN1125.jpg

Rob,

Looks good...

I am planning to install a PRS on my MWS and it will be 39" OAL, looks like the short will work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob01 and Aries, thanks for all the support and postings.

77Bronc,

Good talking to you today

Scott

</div></div>

Same here, good talk today....thanks for taking the time on the phone...

A short bag would fit my needs, OAL of 39" rifle....as far as color, OD or Coyote, no multi-cam

Thanks,

I would definitely be interested in one of the super size bags. The color is not a big deal though probably prefer multicam if available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please answer me this question, are the bags primarily for bolt action or will a LMT MWS with USOptics fit in the short bag easy.

Thanks,

77 </div></div>

Hey, I'm new to the product line so can't speak from experience. Somebody else can chime in or I will find out for you

Scott

</div></div>

Scott I would be interested in one that could take a rifle up to 55" in length (shorter than the 62" bags for cheytacs and .50's but longer than the .308 rifle drag bags) Im finding I have to use a 62" Tac Force for a rifle that misses on fitting in a 52" Tac Force by an inch or two, and most other bags have 48" or 49" capability's.

I'm currently interested in a short multicam DB.

Will you be dealing the entire Tac-Ops Line? Any chance you will have stock packs as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4ester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will you be dealing the entire Tac-Ops Line? Any chance you will have stock packs as well?</div></div>

Yes, at the end of March. Added to the website under New Products

Hiders,

Added under "New Products", delivery time about 3 weeks, ordering is live!

Also added a space for pre-orders for the stock packs/cheek pieces! These will take a little longer to get here.

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you have any questions

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Missed out on the group buy.

Coyote, short. </div></div>

Ordered!

Thanks Scott.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Missed out on the group buy.

Coyote, short. </div></div>

Ordered!

Thanks Scott. </div></div>

Got it!! You are GTG. THANKS for the followup

Scott

BTT. Thanks for the orders. These are definitely "buy once, cry once".

I'm pretty confident the group buy pricing won't be around for a very long time, if ever again

Scott

Great to see your product lines expanding, Scott. I was hoping you'd bounce back after that Premier drama and you've added some killer products to your lineup. I don't need one at the moment but FWIW, Multicam, long is my preference. Glad to hear the news and I'm sure these won't be collecting any dust in your warehouse. Keep it up!

Pre-Ordered my Stock Pack in Multi Cam today. Do want to order a DB in the future. Can't wait.

This is what I'm interested in... I have a LMT .308 MWS 20"SS 5R with NightForce 2.5-10x32. so it looks as if that would be a Multi-Cam short for me.

I'll give you a call for details

Wish I saw this before I purchased a lesser drag bag. Buy from Scott with confidence he is a good guy.

Moonshine + credit card = purchased bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollinforce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moonshine + credit card = purchased bag. </div></div>

Thank goodness for moonshine. Thank you my man