• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

EuroOptic has always been outstanding to me, and their pricing on Vortex is pretty good with a PRS membership.
Not even close to the same price. 2400 vs 1800. Even with a 30% cert EO is 2100 plus tax. No tax or shipping with LO. My last gen 3 razor was from EO since I didn't want to wait for my order from Scott.

Honestly if you aren't effected or don't have skin in the game or some sort of new insight, there is no reason to post here. Threads getting full of dumb shit.

I ordered a Vortex Razor 4000 GB in the middle of August, and received it Oct 2. Sounds like I got extremely lucky.
I ordered a laser range finder late September and received it last week. That was my reason for having patience on the G3. Unfortunately, vortex was not paid for my G3. Shamus responded to me very quickly and I have been in contact with my CC. No idea how all this will shake out, but I do appreciate Vortex/Shamus being quick to provide info I needed to move forward. Best of luck to all those impacted.

Reactions: The GIF-fer
Thank you all for being understanding and allowing us to help where we can. As far as we are concerned, if you ordered Vortex products you are our customers and we will do everything in our power to get you taken care of.

In case anyone missed it, please contact Shamus Terry direct at [email protected] if you have placed an order with Liberty Optics and have not received it.

Thanks again everyone,
Scott Parks

Last edited:
How are you still holding out hope that Scott didn’t just plan on ripping off a bunch of people with all the information out there now?
I'm not. It looks pretty bad for Scott right now. But I've seen situations like this take unexpected turns enough times to learn to withhold judgement until the facts come out. If you take one scenario, that he is dead and his spouse or employees are cleaning house, that's not really holding hope for some good outcome.

A shit bird is a shit bird. I don't care if they're my buddy or not, if there's clear evidence of wrong doing I'm not going to stand by them. They may be competitiors but IIRC they used to do a shot show thing together along with Iyla Koshkin and appeared to be buddies but I could be totally mistaken. I'm not saying anyone else is guilty by association because they probably had no knowledge of anything happening, but the best thing in a situation like this is where people have clearly gotten fucked isn't to run to their defense.
I dont think there was clear evidence at the time Doug initially spoke up.

This. They are awesome.

You mean the guy that vouched for Scott yesterday in this thread and acted like this wasn't true? I wouldn't have bought a thing from them even before this. They're not shooters and I wouldn't be surprised if they're not even gun people, they're salemen. There's better outfits to deal with.
Idgaf their demo deals on Zeiss and Leica RF binoculars are amazing

Reactions: Earnhardt
All the steps that were taken by him to erase his existence on here and the company places him in the POS category for me. That just doesn’t happen on its own. It’s pretty obvious he knew what he was doing and if you can’t see it….well there’s nothing any of us that got burned can say or do to change your mind.

I was able to file a chargeback for the G3 6-36 and rings that was ordered, but I don’t have the money back until it actually hits my account. I’ve been in contact with Shamus and Vortex is just a straight up great company.

Listening to you our courts are empty about 364 days a year.

The schtick is getting old.
Blah blah blah.

Ok buttpirate boomer.gif

Courts are full of crimes against tbe state. And parasite lawyer law fare

Tell me you’ve never dealt with property crimes etc Wait you already did

People get more time for telling a crooked cop to fuck off than they do for stealing cars assault etc

I dont think there was clear evidence at the time Doug initially spoke up.

There were posts about the thread being deleted, people not receiving their orders, people calling vortex and vortex recognizing there's an issue and that they can't get ahold of him either before their post vouching for him and passing off peoples concerns as "confusion" on their part.

You're welcome to analyze it as you wish, as am I.

Reactions: Supersubes
Not even close to the same price. 2400 vs 1800. Even with a 30% cert EO is 2100 plus tax. No tax or shipping with LO. My last gen 3 razor was from EO since I didn't want to wait for my order from Scott.

Honestly if you aren't effected or don't have skin in the game or some sort of new insight, there is no reason to post here. Threads getting full of dumb shit.
That's pretty fucking rich coming off your keyboard.

While I agree the prices were excellent for us regular dolts, the fact that you chastise people for shitting in threads is 100% pure hypocrisy

Apparently your flashing 12:00 AM VCR chose today to be right.
--

I'll be honest, anyone on the hook here probably won't see a damn dime. This thought probably belongs in the pit, but us regular dudes don't get shit for help.

That's why I really want to thank the Vortex guys for helping out. Normally if you're just an average joe, you get the bill, get fucked in the ass, and asked to like it.

And the rest of you piling on other vendors. You can fuck off too. I thought this was a community, instead its a goddamn witch hunt. All I see are assholes around here, including in the mirror.

I had pretty much sworn-off Vortex, but after all this, I think I’ll buy one of the black G3 6-36x56’s trust EuroOptic sells just to see what all the fuss is about with the G3. Looked through tons of G1 & 2 Razors, but not any G3’s yet.

I wonder if they’ll let me trade in my Strike Eagle 5-25x and 3 of my old Viper HST 6-24’s that I don’t use anymore towards the price of a black G3 6-36? @Shamus Terry ? Figure it’s worth asking. 🤷🏼

Reactions: rijndael
I have done business with both Scott and Doug.

If Doug were a vortex dealer, I’d probably switch all my business to him. I won’t hesitate to do more business with Doug in the future if he carries what I’m looking for.

Both have been great contributors to the online community and this move by Scott has shocked everyone

It’s not fair to lump Doug in to the same questionable category as Scott

Maybe Doug can work with vortex to become a dealwr

Guys, just wanted to follow up on my post from yesterday.
I've left a few messages on the phone # I have for Scott that seems to still be working and I have not heard back.
Apparently, from everything I've read here as well as what I've gathered from elsewhere, Liberty Optics/Scott has gone radio silent and has done many people wrong. I am very disheartened that this has happened, not only because many innocent folks got hurt which is beyond messed up, but for the better part of 2 decades I observed LO as a reputable dealer/competitor offering quality customer service.
I see Scott and Shamus at Vortex have stepped up and I'm sure will take care of all those affected with Vortex products.
If we can assist anyone here who has been affected by this situation, concerning any brands we handle, please reach out to me.
I doubt I will, but if I do here from Scott I'll let you all know.

Ohh yeah? Anyone with a brain should be able to see the risk involved with dealing with a business like that. I haven't dealt with Scott since before 2010 when a deal on a Premier Heritage got fucky.

This isn't the first time something similar has happened. I2/Pete Lesbo wasn't that long ago either. Also a little one man show.

Even if a business like this is totally successful and ethical and never runs into financial issues the owner can drop dead from a heart attack, get killed in a car accident, or blow their brains out and anyone who has paid them and not received goods or services is left standing in line with their hand out along with family members that want money and don't want to deal with wrapping up the business, and anyone else they owe money to. Larger outfits generally have protections built in for this and there's also more laws to protect consumers vs an LLC that protects the business owner.

But yes, Scott was reputable until he wasn't.

I think you'll find that your "larger outfits" sometimes also do go bust rather spectacularly and leave lots of people hanging.
Then they get to do a Chapter 11 and screw everyone over and be right back to doing it again.

Pretty much it's always take your chances and pay your monies and average out your losses and your wins.

Got off the phone with my credit card company, and they said because it's been over two billing cycles I probably won't be approved for my charge back, but they will let me know in 60-90 days.

Talked to Shamus at Vortex and he definitely helped me out. They are definitely a great company to work with, and they are going above and beyond. They didn't have to do anything and could of left us out in the wind.

Definitely going to be buying more Vortex products in the future.

A shit bird is a shit bird. I don't care if they're my buddy or not, if there's clear evidence of wrong doing I'm not going to stand by them. They may be competitiors but IIRC they used to do a shot show thing together along with Iyla Koshkin and appeared to be buddies but I could be totally mistaken. I'm not saying anyone else is guilty by association because they probably had no knowledge of anything happening, but the best thing in a situation like this is where people have clearly gotten fucked isn't to run to their defense.
I think all what people are saying is early on in the wtf? stage (literally yesterday), going from 0-100mph isn’t (usually) the best thing.

I mean, if you ran a biz and had a heart attack plus stroke and couldn’t communicate, you as a customer going immediately after him could make you look real, real bad.

For perspective, this fracas on this thread just started yesterday at 9:24am CST.

This sort of something happened to a fellow on this site a little while ago. He was lucky that he is a very good buddy with Frank. His family/friends also stepped in to fulfill orders. Stand-up guy. He had people to communicate to customers for him. He’s lucky to be alive and lucky to have those around him.

I know there are critical differences between @Enough Said and Scott’s situations. But people were largely communicating confusion over the Scott situation as it unfolded yesterday. I mean, the man did successfully sell stuff for about two decades.

There is a difference between saying, “Wow, Scott’s been a good seller for years. Can’t imagine this happening” vs. “Scott would never do this u fuk he’s a Purple Heart winner imma gonna find u and ur dachshund and roast u with a mustard glaze mmmMmmMmm.”

As someone mentioned, the way this probable con unfolded sure makes Scott look guilty. But that wasn’t immediately apparent.

Right off the bat, when something odd happens with you, don’t your friends cut you some slack because you’ve earned it? (for Scott, replace “friends” with “customers”).

Or do your friends immediately call you a POS and write you off at the earliest hint of trouble?

I’m not Scott’s friend or acquaintance. I’ve just bought a few scopes from the man.

This isn’t a chest-beating contest, you know?

Maybe we, as a consumer group, have to start insisting with our wallets that we won't tolerate this "pre-order" bullshit anymore. You want to sell me something, it better be in stock. The idea where we are ok with paying today for something that isn't in hand, and will be sent at some future date needs to end. Most of the rest of the economy doesn't work this way.

Just for info, the Liberty Optics July 4th sale price was within a couple percent of the LE/mil/vet sale price that Euro Optic was running about the same time, and a few times a year expert voice has comparable pricing as well... So it's not like the pricing was substantially different than what is available at other vendors, provided you meet the criteria at the other vendors who offered that level of discount.

The difference with Scott's sale prices was that they were available to everyone and not just LE/mil/veteran/first responder.

There are quite a lot of us that are not "special" people and instead have to work hard and pay very heavy taxes to pay the salaries of the "special" people that everyone seems to so admire (along with everyone else who feels it is their right to be paid by our labor). So for the rest of us peasants, there is the issue of course that we would like to try to spend as little of what is left of the fruits of our labors after everybody goes down the line taking their cut from our income (enforced of course by...) as posssible.

I think all what people are saying is early on in the wtf? stage (literally yesterday), going from 0-100mph isn’t (usually) the best thing.

I mean, if you ran a biz and had a heart attack plus stroke and couldn’t communicate, you as a customer going immediately after him could make you look real, real bad.

For perspective, this fracas on this thread just started yesterday at 9:24am CST.

This sort of something happened to a fellow on this site a little while ago. He was lucky that he is a very good buddy with Frank. His family/friends also stepped in to fulfill orders. Stand-up guy. He had people to communicate to customers for him. He’s lucky to be alive and lucky to have those around him.

I know there are critical differences between @Enough Said and Scott’s situations. But people were largely communicating confusion over the Scott situation as it unfolded yesterday. I mean, the man did successfully sell stuff for about two decades.

There is a difference between saying, “Wow, Scott’s been a good seller for years. Can’t imagine this happening” vs. “Scott would never do this u fuk he’s a Purple Heart winner imma gonna find u and ur dachshund and roast u with a mustard glaze mmmMmmMmm.”

As someone mentioned, the way this probable con unfolded sure makes Scott look guilty. But that wasn’t immediately apparent.

Right off the bat, when something odd happens with you, don’t your friends cut you some slack because you’ve earned it? (for Scott, replace “friends” with “customers”).

Or do your friends immediately call you a POS and write you off at the earliest hint of trouble?

I’m not Scott’s friend or acquaintance. I’ve just bought a few scopes from the man.

The difference between these situations is integrity and the guy did have an actual medical emergency. He also didn't come here and delete shit and close his business. He also had people close to him and is very much a member of the community to be a member, not just to profit off of others for their own financial gain.

As far as timeline, there's not much different today than yesterday. Nothing new factual or anything has come to light or changed. All there is is more silence and some people have dug up some stuff like the closing of the business that was also there since monday and just not discovered yet.

If he was my friend, no I wouldn't immediately call him a POS but I sure as shit wouldn't tell people that they must just be confused.

People do confuse thing type of thing with online dealings. Most of us, at best, were just customers of Liberty Optics who got a good deal. At worst ... we have this thread.

The difference between these situations is integrity and the guy did have an actual medical emergency.
Yeah, I said there were differences. That we discovered later in the day, not earlier when people were expressing confusion.

I mean, I applaud you for some restraint. @whatsupdoc was first out of the gate at a mere 6.5hrs after this thread’s initial warning, I quote:
Fuck that POS, he received orders in early July and never placed the orders with Vortex then had a "SALE" a few weeks later and posted that he was disappointed at the low volume of sales.

So he was filling his bag with his bugout money.

From some of the posts in this thread the Liberty Optics Shill Squad is on deployment.
If he was my friend, no I wouldn't immediately call him a POS but I sure as shit wouldn't tell people that they must just be confused.
Perhaps I missed it. Where were people saying that other people are confused? In other words, “wrong”?

Someone like Doug or me expressing confusion is not the equivalent of telling OTHERS that they themselves are the ones confused or “wrong”.

Reactions: lash
I had pretty much sworn-off Vortex, but after all this, I think I’ll buy one of the black G3 6-36x56’s trust EuroOptic sells just to see what all the fuss is about with the G3. Looked through tons of G1 & 2 Razors, but not any G3’s yet.
🤷🏼

Depending on the deal you get on it, the G3 6-36x56 scope is an excellent value and you have to go way up in price (assuming a good deal) to get better.
It's a really nice clear solid scope, I got one some time back.

@4O6shootist is local to Scott and knows him face to face, maybe he's up for a little recon? He sounds as surprised at all this as those of us who have been buying from Scott for 20 years.

I have family in Montana who would go knock on some doors for me, but they're 450 miles east of Kalispell and I'm not going to ask for that big of a favor which will probably yield no leads.

The local post office probably won't divulge any info on Scott's PO box contents or payment status without LE being involved. Just wondering if he stopped paying for or cancelled the PO box about the same time as the website and phone.

I've been looking at local Kalispell news and the sheriff's booking records to see if his name pops up, but nothing yet.

I'd watch the Kalispell obituaries too, but with him in contact with other members here as late as last week and then the phone/website/px post/business dissolution all happening within a day points to deliberate action and not an unplanned family or medical emergency.

Reactions: lash and BurtG
This. They are awesome.

You mean the guy that vouched for Scott yesterday in this thread and acted like this wasn't true? I wouldn't have bought a thing from them even before this. They're not shooters and I wouldn't be surprised if they're not even gun people, they're salemen. There's better outfits to deal with.
I’ve always been treated well at CameraLand and EuroOptic.

That's pretty fucking rich coming off your keyboard.

While I agree the prices were excellent for us regular dolts, the fact that you chastise people for shitting in threads is 100% pure hypocrisy

Apparently your flashing 12:00 AM VCR chose today to be right.
--

I'll be honest, anyone on the hook here probably won't see a damn dime. This thought probably belongs in the pit, but us regular dudes don't get shit for help.

That's why I really want to thank the Vortex guys for helping out. Normally if you're just an average joe, you get the bill, get fucked in the ass, and asked to like it.

And the rest of you piling on other vendors. You can fuck off too. I thought this was a community, instead its a goddamn witch hunt. All I see are assholes around here, including in the mirror.
Thanks for proving my point. Eat a dick troll.

@4O6shootist is local to Scott and knows him face to face, maybe he's up for a little recon? He sounds as surprised at all this as those of us who have been buying from Scott for 20 years.

I have family in Montana who would go knock on some doors for me, but they're 450 miles east of Kalispell and I'm not going to ask for that big of a favor which will probably yield no leads.

The local post office probably won't divulge any info on Scott's PO box contents or payment status without LE being involved. Just wondering if he stopped paying for or cancelled the PO box about the same time as the website and phone.

I've been looking at local Kalispell news and the sheriff's booking records to see if his name pops up, but nothing yet.

I'd watch the Kalispell obituaries too, but with him in contact with other members here as late as last week and then the phone/website/px post/business dissolution all happening within a day points to deliberate action and not an unplanned family or medical emergency.

Someone that knows him should approach him and ask WTF.

I mean at the very least he could have the decency to give an actual “fuck you, tough shit” to the people he’s fucked.

Reactions: carbonbased
Maybe we, as a consumer group, have to start insisting with our wallets that we won't tolerate this "pre-order" bullshit anymore. You want to sell me something, it better be in stock. The idea where we are ok with paying today for something that isn't in hand, and will be sent at some future date needs to end. Most of the rest of the economy doesn't work this way.
100%

Only clowns pre-order/drop ship stuff. I can't believe it still goes on. I have buddies who will shrug their shoulders and say "Thats just the way it is".

Imagine giving someone $500 in free interest so they can wait a year to ship your bino NVGs. It's straight up clown world nonsense.

I wonder if they’ll let me trade in my Strike Eagle 5-25x and 3 of my old Viper HST 6-24’s that I don’t use anymore towards the price of a black G3 6-36? @Shamus Terry ? Figure it’s worth asking. 🤷🏼
Crap! Missed this!

To win @FuhQ over from Kahles/Arken/whatever takes some serious high OPTEMPO HALO-assisted fourth-point-of-contact medevac dustoffs on a per unit basis.

Just giving you some shit, you @FuhQ ‘er

@Shamus Terry and @Scott_at_Vortex earning their keep. Sisyphean task. Bravo. 👏

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: YotaEer
Crap! Missed this!

To win @FuhQ over from Kahles/Arken/whatever takes some serious high OPTEMPO HALO-assisted fourth-point-of-contact medevac dustoffs on a per unit basis.

Just giving you some shit, you @FuhQ ‘er

@Shamus Terry and @Scott_at_Vortex earning their keep. Sisyphean task. Bravo. 👏
I’ve been shooting Vortex since they first opened their doors. But the lower end stuff really turned me off. But I’m open to trying their tippy-top stuff, but I just need to get rid of all the others I don’t use anymore first, trading them in would be a good option to do that towards the price tag, since I have more scopes than guns right now. Just figured I’d throw that out there, since they’re typically very customer oriented, and always willing to work or help the customer however they can.

The only explanation is drugs or women.
This really Stinks for those that lost money!
Could be a ton of things. Gambling, Personal Financial crisis, or really bad decisions.

All he had to do was get behind or pull a little bit of customer funds from the pot, and assuming the 30-90 day pay period gave him enough time to make it whole and you end up in a ponzi situation where the new customers are paying for the old customers product. Its like a contractor using new work to pay for old customers materials because he stretched himself too thin and doesn't have the capital anymore.

Hell, for all we know he was sinking the money into something like a short term CD or investment, and if Vortex didn't give him a net 30 discount, then there was no reason to prepay instead of letting that money make more money.

Maybe he has a sick kid and needed the money for an experimental treatment... who the fuck knows.

Point is no one really knows, and probably wont unless the police get involved.

People need to stop bickering and bitching and making up shit in this thread, its not helping anything and just making them look like assholes.

100%

Only clowns pre-order/drop ship stuff. I can't believe it still goes on. I have buddies who will shrug their shoulders and say "Thats just the way it is".

Imagine giving someone $500 in free interest so they can wait a year to ship your bino NVGs. It's straight up clown world nonsense.
We're a fickle group with short memories.

Remember Ted posting a picture of the new CDG action in Jan this year & stating he did not want to do a pre-order.
That was followed by 20 pages of this consumer group begging him to open pre-orders LOL.

100%

That’s only the way it is when you’re not dealing with legitimate dealers. A lot of good dealers won’t even take a deposit on a backorder/special order but it’s not unreasonable to get one. Dealers drop shipping everything… RUN…

A lot of people are fine with it and pass it off just to save a buck.

I ran a very large e-commerce business for the last 10 years almost and recently stepped away. In that industry it was mostly the fly by night drop ship ops like LO and we are one of the few stocking dealers. There is ZERO service after the sale and many customers never receive their goods or any response and their only option is a charge back or Amazon A-Z claim. I can’t tell you how many customers not of our own I’ve assisted. These same scumbag dealers would sell product that’s out of stock at the distributor and they can’t get and then turn around and place an order with us drop shipped to to their customer and then file claims saying it’s a fraudulent charge because it wasn’t shipped to their billing address. IMO they’re all one in the same.

With my experience and even knowing typical profit margins, I’ve got no problem buying full price from someone reputable over getting a deal. Getting a discount is just icing on the cake. I’ve gotten some defective out of the box stuff from Euro Optic over the years, two pair of Leica binos this year even. Never once have I even had to ask them to take them back, let alone complain or fight them. It’s always “we’re sorry, here’s a prepaid shipping label to send it back, would you like an exchange or a refund?”. They understand people don’t want to have to warranty their brand new shit for repaired or refurbished and they take care of it on their dime and that’s how a good business is ran. This is piece of mind that I pay for. I even buy from them when I can buy from EV for less which is usually direct with the manufacturer.

There are quite a lot of us that are not "special" people and instead have to work hard and pay very heavy taxes to pay the salaries of the "special" people that everyone seems to so admire (along with everyone else who feels it is their right to be paid by our labor).

Man I can't think of anything more stupid to say than that.

Do you think military members don't pay taxes? Maybe you should have volunteered. That way you could have gotten some of that awesome 10% off at TGIF happy hour.

National defense is literally a constitutional duty of government. Do you think ships, planes, and guns are free? Do you think the people who man them work for free?

I don't know what else to say but go fuck yourself.

Do you think military members don't pay taxes? Maybe you should have volunteered. That way you could have gotten some of that awesome 10% off at TGIF happy hour.

National defense is literally a constitutional duty of government. Do you think ships, planes, and guns are free? Do you think the people who man them work for free?

How nice and polite of you...

Seems I must have hit a sore spot with you.

I did serve, and for every good guy there was a shitbag. And our .gov is very wasteful and bloated. No, ships planes etc aren’t free but trust me we overpay for a lot of it. They’re (the potatoe) doing a real stand up job with national defense at our southern border ay? I didn’t take what he said as a dig at the military I read it more as the system in general but maybe I’m wrong.

That Geocities-looking website was all I needed to see to know I was never going to purchase anything from Liberty Optics.

If I can’t trust you to shine your boots I cannot trust you to keep the machine gun clean.

On a long enough timeline, small things are always indicators of big things.

-Stan

P.S. Nobody ever really knows anybody.

Reactions: BurtG and rothgyr

Is this liberty optics burner account?

You're welcome to think what you want, but I didn't say anything that wasn't accurate. I've always called things as I saw them and never cared who didn't like it, I'm certainly not going to make an exception for you.

If he's dead or incapacitated who would have deleted his long running thread in the for sale section or would have known to do that, from his login? Coincidentally on the day that the business was terminated with the state. Why would they shut off and not answer the phone and at least give his customers an update that they're working on it? Why would Vortex be involved?
I totally agree with you. People who ignore facts readily available and just jump to conclusions based past personal experience should be called out.

Afternoon Folks,
I wanted to put a quick post and say i have responded to everyone who has emailed or called today.
If for some reason i have missed you please email me at [email protected] or call anytime 608-335-4486.
My biggest concern is making sure folks get their chargebacks taken care of and also if they have upcoming shoots or hunts they get the products they need.
Please reach out anytime and i will have a quick response.
Thanks again.
Shamus Terry
Vortex Optics.

Afternoon Folks,
I wanted to put a quick post and say i have responded to everyone who has emailed or called today.
If for some reason i have missed you please email me at [email protected] or call anytime 608-335-4486.
My biggest concern is making sure folks get their chargebacks taken care of and also if they have upcoming shoots or hunts they get the products they need.
Please reach out anytime and i will have a quick response.
Thanks again.
Shamus Terry
Vortex Optics.
I have no dog in the hunt, nothing on order, nothing owed. But, reading between the lines, it looks like you guys at Vortex are da' bomb.

Props to Vortex for sticking their neck out, taking hits that weren't theirs to take and making things right, by no fault of their own.

This should resonate throughout the entire industry as to just how much Vortex is invested in their Customers. I think your actions will be remembered in a very positive light by a wide swath of the shooting public for years to come.

(y)(y)(y):)

Last edited: