• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

Anybody with a Chase CC have any luck with stuff past 60 days? I submitted a chargeback and it’s “processing” but haven’t had the opportunity to add any details or speak with a person.

Yeah that wasn’t me. Take another look.

Sorry for the delay but after I posted my active911 went off and I had to respond to an MVA with all my other volunteer peons who get tax dollars thrown at us for equipment but do nothing special. Lol
Cops need Hero's too Rob!

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
Curious if there was some break down between Scott and Vortex that would trigger him to do something like this. Something’s very odd that he’d be willing to damage all parties involved, especially customers as he always seemed to be a man of the people. I imagine Scott would know all the possibilities of repercussions, such as calling former tenants, work, creditors, legal action etc… I hate this for the guys who are outside of the chargeback date. I’m also curious how Vortex didn’t find it odd that he didn’t submit any orders after the June/July. Also interesting that he filled orders for Sig(gentleman who ordered sig kilo 6k in July, in previous comments), but stopped filling orders for Vortex….
I ordered a vortex 4000 wmlrf sept 24 and received it last week.

Maybe we, as a consumer group, have to start insisting with our wallets that we won't tolerate this "pre-order" bullshit anymore. You want to sell me something, it better be in stock. The idea where we are ok with paying today for something that isn't in hand, and will be sent at some future date needs to end. Most of the rest of the economy doesn't work this way.
You've always been able to pay full MAP for Vortex scopes from any number of stores.

No one was being forced to wait a few months to save 30% on a rifle scope.

In general pre-orders are stupid and you should just wait until it's on the shelf to buy, but Liberty Optics was a completely different kettle if fish compared to say, pre-ordering an AT-X from AI and have it be months late.

Reactions: 308pirate
Good Morning Folks,
I just wanted to send a quick update.
As of a few mins ago i have replied to everyone from last night in hopes of helping get what is needed for each customer.
Please let me know if you are waiting for a response.
Thanks again, it' was nice talking to so many customers today.
Shamus Terry
[email protected]
608-335-4486
I sent you an email last night but have not heard back. Maybe it went to your spam box? Could you check please. It was the order confirmation I got from Liberty Optics. Thanks!

Two, for just the last six years running software and infrastructure teams.
So no idea of how FARs and DFARS affect both direct and indirect product costs. No idea how the innumerable MIL-STDs do so either.

Defense contractors are in it to make money.

Anybody with a Chase CC have any luck with stuff past 60 days? I submitted a chargeback and it’s “processing” but haven’t had the opportunity to add any details or speak with a person.
They gave me a temporary charge back while they investigate.

They gave me a temporary charge back while they investigate.

Here's what they say about it being temporary:

The merchant(s) can provide information supporting the charge(s) during the next two billing periods. If
they do not respond during that period, our credit(s) will remain on your account.

Reactions: lash
Well in an interesting update the website is back up, sort of. It says it is under construction, but his phone is still disconnected

The LLC still says:

StatusInactive-Voluntary Dissolution

So no idea of how FARs and DFARS affect both direct and indirect product costs. No idea how the innumerable MIL-STDs do so either.

Defense contractors are in it to make money.
I wouldn’t say that at all considering I’ve been in government, on the program side especially, for longer and FAR touches everything. The scope of my software programs has plenty of surety and compliance over physically delivered military hardware.

Of course contractors are in it for the money, I’m not sure what you’re even trying to prove or educate anyone on.

Curious if there was some break down between Scott and Vortex that would trigger him to do something like this. Something’s very odd that he’d be willing to damage all parties involved, especially customers as he always seemed to be a man of the people. I imagine Scott would know all the possibilities of repercussions, such as calling former tenants, work, creditors, legal action etc… I hate this for the guys who are outside of the chargeback date. I’m also curious how Vortex didn’t find it odd that he didn’t submit any orders after the June/July. Also interesting that he filled orders for Sig(gentleman who ordered sig kilo 6k in July, in previous comments), but stopped filling orders for Vortex….
Sir,
There is no breakdown that i know of. Scott was close to a two decade customer as well.
Liberty Optics has placed many order since June. He has not paid for the orders, hence why they have not been released.
Please let me know if i can answer any further questions.
Shamus

Curious as to why you would try to smear Vortex when it's clear you all got scammed by a fucking thief.

Are you in on it with him?

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
I don't think Vortex is owed any money. They don't have any reason to track Scott down. Customers pay Scott ($1900 or $2000) then he calls Vortex with customer's name and address to reserve their scope, he takes his cut (hypothetically $200 to $300) and send rest of the payment (hypothetically $1400 to $1600) to Vortex then Vortex sends scope to customer. In this case he called Vortex with customers info and address to reserve then wait the net 90 day or longer terms holding onto customers money in it's entirety and Vortex doesn't send any scope unless Scott pays them first.
My dude, learn how business works.

Hint: that's not how.

Take this off topic bullshit out of this thread. You've been warned
They sure as hell do when their house is on fire and their kids are stuck upstairs, their father had a heart attack, they are being assaulted or robbed or another country is trying to invade them. ;)

Make sure not to call any one of those people you don't consider anything special when you are in need. LOL

Hmm who has seniority

This is a terrible situation. I've purchased several optics from LO. I never saw this coming.

But it did! It's exactly like a situation myself and many others were involved in with a travel agent.

Trips were booked deposits were made and confirmations were provided by the travel agent and she cancelled the reservations the very next day.

Her scam came crashing down when a wedding party arrived at their Caribbean destination and had no reservations.

After an investigation by the AG's office nothing was ever done to her. I actually spoke with the lawyers from the AG's office and they told me they couldn't find no wrong doing. I was dumbfounded. They said she was borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

All in at the end she got all parties involved for over 200k.

I hope everyone is made whole in the matter. My buddy is caught up in this to. Orders in June.

Like I said

Beyond worthless.

Parasites

Reactions: CZp-01

Attachments

• 1697718998319.png
    1697718998319.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 98
Curious as to why you would try to smear Vortex when it's clear you all got scammed by a fucking thief.

Are you in on it with him?
Cool it off man. People who are effected are trying to communicate here and posts like this or chads arguing about procurement regulations is just noise. Start a different thread if you want to bicker (hell i may even join in the fun).

There was talk about some guys buying the domain just to fuck with people. I wouldn't read much into it.

He'd have to get it transferred. Scott/Liberty Optics still owns it until 2024-04-18. It was last updated/renewed on 2023-04-19

Reactions: Bcamos
I wonder if hes turning it on trying to try and spoof all the credit and banks that are surely hounding and investigating him right now?

edit: to the following post- my "pending" reversal no longer says pending and is just there in my account with a claim # next to it

Maybe he saw the bank account balance change, overnight.

While burning a 20-year business to the ground and the bridge to get to it is stupid I doubt the account has any money in it. Most likely as above, using it to mess with chargebacks. I.E, your order is 55 days in and of course you haven't received it because the website says 90 days.

While burning a 20-year business to the ground and the bridge to get to it is stupid I doubt the account has any money in it. Most likely as above, using it to mess with chargebacks. I.E, your order is 55 days in and of course you haven't received it because the website says 90 days.

Damn good chance you’re right. If you are he’s only digging the hole deeper.

What’s pathetic is that he can play fuck fuck games putting the site back up but he can’t update his customers.

In case the website goes down again and any of you need these to send to your bank or credit card company as evidence to help with your chargeback.

I think I got all of the ones that people basically ordered that would have long delivery dates from 30-90 days stated. Use archive.ph to archive a page you need.

Archived Liberty Optics website link
Archived Liberty Optics Vortex Razor page
Archived Liberty Optics Vortex Spotting scope page
Archived Liberty Optics Vortex Rangefinders page
Archived Liberty Optics Burris page
Archived Liberty Optics Steiner page
Screenshots and archived links showing website says 90 day ship time.
1697721419463.png

1697721449075.png

1697721492215.png

1697721518291.png

Last edited:
Well my credit card company looks to at least temporarily refunded me the 2k for the Vortex optic. They said it would be 60-90 days to for final decision. Now to just wait it out and hopefully get my money back.

I'm fine if he chooses to follow through and pay Vortex. I'll take my scope at the previously agreed upon price.
I would be fine with that so but I highly doubt he is going to follow through. Plus I already ordered another one through Vortex directly and they should be shipping it out in a day or two.

Reactions: BurtG
LOL At this point "legally" is kind of a useless term.

To us, it's useless, but it may not be to the credit card company. If he's trying to fool them, it's an avenue we have to counter his argument for the 90 day ship time.

I would be fine with that so but I highly doubt he is going to follow through. Plus I already ordered another one through Vortex directly and they should be shipping it out in a day or two.
Same, in fact, the Razor order I placed directly with Vortex (Oct 17, when all this went down) is arriving today.

Cool it off man. People who are effected are trying to communicate here and posts like this or chads arguing about procurement regulations is just noise. Start a different thread if you want to bicker (hell i may even join in the fun).

Did you give this same reply to the tool trying to insinuate that this is somehow Vortex's fault?

Or does that bullshit get a pass?

Wait just a minute...

Scott was selling you guys a Vortex Razr GenIII 6-36×56 for $1800?
$1900 was the lowest I heard of. Euro had a deal for first responders and such for about what you’re saying, though.

Same, in fact, the Razor order I placed directly with Vortex (Oct 17, when all this went down) is arriving today.

I didn’t get out my calendar and calculator, but I do believe that’s a lot less than 90 days.

This just further suggest he was using customers money for months.

Reactions: Evintos
I think you’ll be ok. I’m past the 120 day and they told me 118 max.

I just went by a chase location and talked to a sympathetic person but I’m too far gone even if I filed a police report or whatever.