• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

It's hard to feel sorry for someone dumb enough to order a Vortex. It's harder yet to feel sorry for someone dumb enough to order a Vortex form someone selling them out of a van down by the river. But mad props to Vortex for standing up.
Glad you added that valuable info to the thread.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone dumb enough to order a Vortex. It's harder yet to feel sorry for someone dumb enough to order a Vortex form someone selling them out of a van down by the river. But mad props to Vortex for standing up.

Can't understand you. Please take the dick out of your mouth before speaking :ROFLMAO: I mean if we're just being a'holes for no reason now...

It's hard to feel sorry for someone dumb enough to order a Vortex.

WTF?

What is your major malfunction?

I have a pretty big stack of Vortex products and fully intend to buy more.
I would say for a lot of things Vortex is an intelligent, safe good choice where it's hard to go wrong.

But hey, you be you...

Yeah you can fuck right off with the negative bullshit. Up until this week nobody had any issues with LO for 20 years and by purchasing during his sales I saved somewhere on the order of $7,000. That covers both of the CDG hunting rifles that I built.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what is going on. LOL But glad you could drop in with this nugget to add to your 19 posts in 3 years on the site.

I always thought it was funny reading how much everyone loved Scott. The one time I dealt with him, he was very short with answering any question and kind of an ass to deal with.

I got a refund on my order with him after making that phone call.

I hate it for you guys that lost money. Turns out, Scott wasn’t that awesome of a guy afterall.
I had a similar experience with another retailer of cool stuff. Waiting to see it play out for others. Those types are actually quite difficult to interact with personally. They avoid face to face conversations at work or matches and seem to have very few if any photos of themselves in circulation. Not sure about the Scott dude on that front.

Good Afternoon Folks,
I wouldn't count on it. Did you already talk to your bank or CC company about a chargeback? Consumer protection is a joke...it's not like he is staying in business. Going to the states attorney who can do MT investigations and/or the sheriff dept is your best bet. Once they get enough statements then can figure out what to charge him with and atleast get it in the various databases of he did go MIA. He moat likely broke a number of federal laws but good luck getting those worthless fucks to do anything unless you got dirt on Trump or have info on how to help them protect child molesters and terrorists.

I'm going to wait to see if USAA gives me my money back before deciding how much time and effort and money I'm going to put into destroying someone's will to live.

Morning Sir, i obviously don't know you but would love for you to take a trip to Vortex and see what our company is all about. We truly put a ton into R&D and working closely with all our partners to make the best product possible. We are far from perfect but always wanting to get better.
I have been fortunate to be here since the very beginning and watch our company evolve each year. I would personally be happy to pay out of my pocket to show you what i am so proud of. We have a beautiful campus and you can see under the hood of every dept and meet the people that actually make this place special. I am friends with many of other manufactures/competitors and they make great products. But our company as a whole is unique and we have a shared fate with our customers. I hope you reach out and make the trip.
Shamus Terry
608-335-4486

Buddy I have seen Vortex come from the start to where they are now. I have won a bunch of matches I have carried weapons for work for years. I have taught firearms for many years

I like Vortex a lot. They offer scopes and optics for every budget. I have students show up with lots of scopes. Have not had a student unhappy with Vortex yet. I would not hesitate to bet my life on my Razors I have scopes from most every manufacturer but Vortex has become my favorite for all the reasons listed above. No one who knows me has ever called me stupid. They have called me AH but not stupid

I learned long ago and really try to practice it these days. Say something nice or say nothing. Saying nasty things just pisses off folks and nothing is gained. Hence that’s all I have to say

Good Afternoon Folks,

Morning Sir, i obviously don't know you but would love for you to take a trip to Vortex and see what our company is all about. We truly put a ton into R&D and working closely with all our partners to make the best product possible. We are far from perfect but always wanting to get better.
I have been fortunate to be here since the very beginning and watch our company evolve each year. I would personally be happy to pay out of my pocket to show you what i am so proud of. We have a beautiful campus and you can see under the hood of every dept and meet the people that actually make this place special. I am friends with many of other manufactures/competitors and they make great products. But our company as a whole is unique and we have a shared fate with our customers. I hope you reach out and make the trip.
Shamus Terry
608-335-4486

@Shamus Terry in this instance, while an awesome offer, I would argue that with the OP that you cant fix stupid. Just my humble opinion. And as suggested, a troll that adds no value to what your are doing for LO customers , nor your fantastic customer service and support.. Thank you for your efforts.

Good Afternoon Folks,

Shamus Terry
608-335-4486
Hi Shamus,

Not sure if you meant to quote me or not, but I don't think that was directed at me? I'm a huge vortex advocate, got buddies who are sponsored by them and have spent well over $15K of my own money on their products over the years. You don't owe any explanation to people trying to throw shade here. Most of us who have been in this game a long time have experienced the various levels of customer support from the industry. Vortex stands alone above them all IMO. Once my bank gets the charge back sorted out, I will be reaching out to you again to order some more product.

Thanks

I remember Theis, but don't know what the name of his company was or what he was "selling"... What happened in that situation? I guess I missed all that drama...
It wasn't his company and he basically robbed the owners who put their money into reimbursing everyone who was scammed to include themselves. It was an entirely painful shitshow to watch on Theis's side(can't remember his real name). The owners, investors of that company like Vortex showed that they are a class act and made people whole at their own expense.
This is just the cliff notes on a long and painful drama.

Last edited:
Stop mucking up this thread with garbage

Vortex and Shamus have stepped up when they didn’t have to and are helping us that have been affected by this thief. I’ve got more rifles that will be wearing vortex products from now on!
Here here. Ignore the troll/retard post.

I was on the fence about what to get for my next optic but Vortex it shall be from here on out. You guys won me over with your actions in response to this SNAFU.

It wasn't his company and he basically robbed the owners who put their money into reimbursing everyone who was scammed to include themselves. The was an entirely painful shitshow to watch and the owners, investors of that company like Vortex showed that they are a class act and made people whole at their own expense.
This is just the cliff notes on a long and painful drama.
What products were they? I might remember having seen them being shilled on here, but I never saw any of that drama. Wow.

Reactions: stefan73
What an absolutely zero class thing to say. Vortex deserve nothing but the highest of praise for what they have done and continue to do For the shooting community.

Frankly, I have never seen any manufacturer go to the lengths that Vortex have in order to make people happy. And, with nothing but class. Just magnificent.

Hopelite arms, do some googling but we dont need to bring it up too much more in this thread, pm me if you want more gossips
Theis's actions do not reflect that company. Just to be clear, they were also deceived and took great steps to take care of people.
Enough on this, I'm going to go look at some Vortex LPVO's for an AR or three;)

I've personally met a half dozen individuals who work for Vortex at varying levels from the lowly peon to senior managers and every single one of them have been great people. Same thing can be said for all of their team shooters.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to file a police report also. This is felony theft, possibly wirefraud, and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act might come into play here. Lots of state and/or Federal charges here.

Reactions: 308pirate
Seems odd that Liberty Optics turned their website back on, but I bet it's to try to appear like they're actually still in business. I paid on July 5th. Heard about this thread and called my credit card company and told them I paid for a backorder item, and the seller turned off their webpage and disconnected their phone number. The credit card company said it seems pretty obvious it's fraud since the site was down and the phone number was disconnected, so they've credited my account with the purchase price. They said they'd be opening an investigation and if the seller responds the credit may be reversed. I suspect he's turned the site back on to try to fool some of the credit card companies fraud departments into thinking he's still in business?

Seems odd that Liberty Optics turned their website back on, but I bet it's to try to appear like they're actually still in business. I paid on July 5th. Heard about this thread and called my credit card company and told them I paid for a backorder item, and the seller turned off their webpage and disconnected their phone number. The credit card company said it seems pretty obvious it's fraud since the site was down and the phone number was disconnected, so they've credited my account with the purchase price. They said they'd be opening an investigation and if the seller responds the credit may be reversed. I suspect he's turned the site back on to try to fool some of the credit card companies fraud departments into thinking he's still in business?

That's impressively fast response and refund from your credit card company, what card do you have?

I was told up to 60 days to investigate my dispute claim... Hopefully it's a lot sooner than that, I want the scopes soon but also need the refund to reorder through Vortex since life decided to dump on me all at once this week and I'm probably looking at an entire downstairs repipe thanks to a hot water leak under the slab... Argh.

• Sad
Reactions: lash
That's impressively fast response and refund from your credit card company, what card do you have?

I was told up to 60 days to investigate my dispute claim... Hopefully it's a lot sooner than that, I want the scopes soon but also need the refund to reorder through Vortex since life decided to dump on me all at once this week and I'm probably looking at an entire downstairs repipe thanks to a hot water leak under the slab... Argh.
I used BOA and was told up to 90 days. I have had a back order for 11 months and the company went under without delivering anything. AE issued temp credit back and closed the case after 90 days in my favor. I think 90 days is pretty standard.

Sorry I don't really want to post any info at all about what card I use (after something like this I'm sure you'll understand if I'm going to be hyper-vigilant), but they did say that they may revoke the credit if the seller responds in the next 30-60 days and can prove they sent it.

Reactions: sneakypayload
What products were they? I might remember having seen them being shilled on here, but I never saw any of that drama. Wow.

Hopelite arms, do some googling but we dont need to bring it up too much more in this thread, pm me if you want more gossips

If you want the truth not gossip..ask the horses mouth.

Pm me if you want

Let’s keep the thread about the newest scum bag not the last one 😂

Just an FYI for everyone,

I just contacted the sheriff's office in Scott's area and they said because the addresses listed on the LLC falls within Kalispell city limits to please file a report with the Kalispell PD.

You can call them at 406-758-7780 option 6 to report a crime

Or submit a report online at

It's probably a long shot they'll find him or get any restitution, but at least you'll have a paper trail...

Edit: lol... Kalispell PD just called back and said the address is outside city limits and please contact the sheriff's office. They did say this may end up being something you have to pursue in civil court.

Contact the flathead county sheriff office at 406-758-5585 or [email protected]

Hopefully I can get a report filed and not end up in a loop of jurisdictional hot potato...

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Folks,

Shamus Terry
608-335-4486
I genuinely appreciate the offer. Would I be able to get a tour of your factory in communist China?

• Haha
Reactions: tt22
We all can tell you're a troll.

Take this as an opportunity to follow my lead:

1697822374138.png

Just an FYI for everyone,

I contacted the sheriff's office in Scott's area and they said because the addresses listed on the LLC fall within Kalispell city limits to please file a report with the Kalispell PD.

You can call them at 406-758-7780 option 6 to report a crime

Or submit a report online at

It's probably a long shot they'll find him or get any restitution, but at least you'll have a paper trail...

Edit: lol... Kalispell PD just called back and said the address is outside city limits and please contact the sheriff's office. They did say this may end up being something you have to pursue in civil court...
I have run into this on permitting before. It's a real PITA sometimes if the issue is a pain because no one really wants to take it on. This might be one of those until enough people call and then they are forced to do their yobs.

I genuinely appreciate the offer. Would I be able to get a tour of your factory in communist China?
Username checks out.

Whatever you do, don’t search for the term “cluggin” at the Urban Dictionary.

Unless you like to laugh.

Last edited:
Username checks out.

Whatever you do, don’t search for the term “cluggin” at the Urban Dictionary.

Unless you like to laugh.
Why did you have to post that? I figured it is just another colloquial then I do not know and looked it up. How do I erase the mental image of this? There is not enough bourbon in the world...

ILya

Just got off the phone with Shamus. It is very impressive and smart of what Vortex is doing. They probably captured a bunch of die hard fans through this. I know what to do when the G4 comes out.

Why did you have to post that? I figured it is just another colloquial then I do not know and looked it up. How do I erase the mental image of this? There is not enough bourbon in the world...

ILya
So, don't look it up??? Or do I take the risk? Decisions and curiosity🤔🤔🤔

At least he didn't mention the Scandinavian Jellyfish :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Scott got me too. I reached out to Shamus at Vortex and their customer service is truly unbelievable. Above and beyond anything i could have expected. The way they handled this situation that wasn't even their problem it outstanding. God i love Vortex. Got a Razor 6-36 coming my way.