• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

Shamus,
Neither Vortex, nor you personally, at this stage, have anything to prove. If this thread has not convinced anyone with a brain how strong Vortex' commitment to their customers is, there really is nothing else you can do.
I have watched Vortex grow for the last twenty years from a small startup to what it is today. A lot has evolved. Methods, products, practices etc Vortex' company values have not. It is almost unheard of for a company to go through so much growth without forgetting what's important, yet Vortex somehow pulled it off.
Chances are that aside from Vortex employees, I have seen more of your products than pretty much anyone. Whenever I wanted to look at something, your team was remarkably accommodating. A little while back, I remember I was visiting and had a question about consistency of the turret feel on one of the Razor scopes. Your guys let me loose on a cart that had about a hundred scopes. With no adult supervision. Never seen anything like it anywhere else.
ILya
My next optic will be a Vortex because of this thread.

I said WY above, but I'm also not going to dig through MT code or case law. If another lawyer wants to post a relevant case citation or a link a WL keycite, I'd be happy to read that

I’m curious, what exactly is vortex doing?
Sending scopes quickly at full price?
Sending scopes at discount price?
If so, matching your LibOpt. price?
Sending scopes completely free?

Its obvious they are helping, and that’s mind boggling in 2023, so I’m just curious.

I’m curious, what exactly is vortex doing?
Sending scopes quickly at full price?
Sending scopes at discount price?
If so, matching your LibOpt. price?
Sending scopes completely free?

Its obvious they are helping, and that’s mind boggling in 2023, so I’m just curious.

Matching the Liberty sale price plus a little extra for all the trouble is what Shamus offered me.

I have not been able to take him up on that generous offer yet because I need the money back from the chargeback first, thanks to unexpected and rather intrusive plumbing repairs on the house that started about the same time I found out Scott seems to have hosed all of us. If it wasn't for the pipe rerouting job due to the leaking hot water pipe under the slab I'd have the 2 scopes in hand already.

I'm guessing drugs or women. Never saw this coming.
Or both. I watched as a friend in his late 50s threw away a 41 year marriage and a decent retirement for drugs and a woman. Both of which are gone now and he’s left with very little and a sucky life.

I don’t wish that on anyone, though I suppose there are worse things.

Or both. I watched as a friend in his late 50s threw away a 41 year marriage and a decent retirement for drugs and a woman. Both of which are gone now and he’s left with very little and a sucky life.

I don’t wish that on anyone, though I suppose there are worse things.

At least the other woman (apparently) didn't give him the ghonnasyphaherpaids or something. So yeah, could have been worse.

Reactions: lash
  • Angry
Reactions: Charmingmander
Never knew any of this was happening until I came onto the hide last night after several weeks. What a shocker. Bought Gen 3 July 4th. Emailed Vortex and Shamus said my order was never paid for. Initiated a pay back from my cc (Chase visa) this morning.
I'm wondering how many people in total this will effect, and also how many more are going to get screwed because they are completely unaware of what's been going down.

Never knew any of this was happening until I came onto the hide last night after several weeks. What a shocker. Bought Gen 3 July 4th. Emailed Vortex and Shamus said my order was never paid for. Initiated a pay back from my cc (Chase visa) this morning.
I'm wondering how many people in total this will effect, and also how many more are going to get screwed because they are completely unaware of what's been going down.

It looks like he advertised on a few sites, so hell, it could be hundreds of people.

Well early Christmas present for me, my CC company refunded my money paid to Liberty, and Shamus and Jake hooked me up with product, now just have to get my Seekins rings in. I have some APA matched rings, but they're not tall enough to work on my Seekins DMR.

Yea m
Well early Christmas present for me, my CC company refunded my money paid to Liberty, and Shamus and Jake hooked me up with product, now just have to get my Seekins rings in. I have some APA matched rings, but they're not tall enough to work on my Seekins DMR.
Yea my scope is incoming too. Shamus and crew hooked me up, I'm very thankful for that. Vortex could have just dropped the news and verified we got fucked, and told us to fuck off, but didn't. It's why I'll continue to buy their razor line of scopes.

Reactions: nikerret and FOHA1
Yea m

Yea my scope is incoming too. Shamus and crew hooked me up, I'm very thankful for that. Vortex could have just dropped the news and verified we got fucked, and told us to fuck off, but didn't. It's why I'll continue to buy their razor line of scopes.
Same. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced the level of customer care that I just have from Vortex. I’ll be happy to continue purchasing their products and will be sharing my positive experience with anyone who cares to listen.

At first I couldn't figure out how in the world this was a good idea to him? I've bought a few scopes from him over the years and I was about to get another but the way he acted in pm was just off to me and rude so I just didn't reply back and didn't do anything else. (Thank God for small favors right).

Now that I'm getting a better idea I'd just how many scopes and lasers or whatever else he sold, he could have made off with some real money. (NOT anywhere near the kind of money it would take to risk committing and being caught for a real crime to any rational person). Still though , he probably scored how much?

Can @Shamus Terry tell us roughly the amount of orders in that were not paid?? Do we have any idea of how much he stood to run off with? Clearly this was well planned and not some accident or such so let's all just stop that nonsense.

Why was he getting better dealer pricing than other high volume (assumption) dealers like MHSA?

I'd love to know the approximate number of people who got hosed by Scott and the number of scopes involved, just to get an idea how big this entire thing really is and how much money he probably made off with.

If Scott was turning all these orders in to Vortex but not paying for them I'm sure Vortex has a solid number regarding the number of victims out there as they can just look up submitted but unpaid orders from Liberty, but I can also understand if they don't want to disclose that number on a public forum.

There may also be more victims Vortex doesn't know about if Scott didn't submit every order.

I do hope Vortex is reaching out to every person with an unpaid order in their system from Liberty Optics who hasn't already contacted Shamus via phone or email, even if it means they have to mail out letters to the shipping address they were provided by Scott in the event they don't have an email address or phone number associated with the order. Not everyone obsessively checks the message boards every day to know about this and knows to email Shamus to check their order status; I'm sure there are still quite a few people out there that are just patiently waiting for their backordered scopes to come in and have no idea they've been scammed because they don't check the forums that often.

Hopefully I can give Shamus a call and order my scopes in about 2 weeks...

I'd love to know the approximate number of people who got hosed by Scott and the number of scopes involved, just to get an idea how big this entire thing really is and how much money he probably made off with.

If Scott was turning all these orders in to Vortex but not paying for them I'm sure Vortex has a solid number regarding the number of victims out there as they can just look up submitted but unpaid orders from Liberty, but I can also understand if they don't want to disclose that number on a public forum.

There may also be more victims Vortex doesn't know about if Scott didn't submit every order.

I do hope Vortex is reaching out to every person with an unpaid order in their system from Liberty Optics who hasn't already contacted Shamus via phone or email, even if it means they have to mail out letters to the shipping address they were provided by Scott in the event they don't have an email address or phone number associated with the order. Not everyone obsessively checks the message boards every day to know about this and knows to email Shamus to check their order status; I'm sure there are still quite a few people out there that are just patiently waiting for their backordered scopes to come in and have no idea they've been scammed because they don't check the forums that often.

Hopefully I can give Shamus a call and order my scopes in about 2 weeks...
I contacted Shamis and he said they did not have a copy of my order from the 5th of July for a g3 razor 6-36 so there are likely quite a few of his orders that weren't even submitted

My friend and I ordered some G3 Razors through Scott in late June. Vortex has my order but not his. There are definitely some people out there that didn't have their orders submitted.

Reactions: Charmingmander
IMG_1151.jpg

Strangely this ^^ showed up in the mail today. Ordered July 4th. Rest of the order was shipped in August, this was overdue.

Why try to make sense of this? I just know that Vortex came through big time, and that goes a long way for me and I’ll be a customer for a very long time.

I can’t imagine that Scott made off with enough money to disappear forever with FU money. So just watch out for when he resurfaces and be mindful

Reactions: ferch
I can’t imagine that Scott made off with enough money to disappear forever with FU money. So just watch out for when he resurfaces and be mindful

I have no idea the volume of Vortex scopes he sales (RZR’s mostly). While not FU money, if he averaged 525+ razor orders over the past few months or had a crazy turnout for the “sale”, he could have walked with 3+ mil.

I have no idea the volume of Vortex scopes he sales (RZR’s mostly). While not FU money, if he averaged 525+ razor orders over the past few months or had a crazy turnout for the “sale”, he could have walked with 3+ mil.
probably closer to 5mil

dont forget, he didn't sell just razors or just vortex

This comes to mind…

More specifically, this:

Where the 1811s at?

-Stan
I don't know what the fraud/loss threshold is for the USAO in the District of Montana but this is not even close and the G was not the victim. I would not hold my breath on federal involvement.

My last order the Liberty Optics took about 6 months to fill. I thought it was odd but Scott always delivered. Talked with him on the phone many times.

Props to Vortex for stepping up. Love your products, your warranty and your customer service.

My orders from the September 30th were 822 & 823 for this year to give you an idea of total orders.

My orders from the September 30th were 822 & 823 for this year to give you an idea of total orders.
Those are invoice numbers from QuickBooks. No way to distinguish unpaid and/or cancelled invoices Scott sent out which I’m sure there are plenty as you had to get the invoice to find out the price.

Those are invoice numbers from QuickBooks. No way to distinguish unpaid and/or cancelled invoices Scott sent out which I’m sure there are plenty as you had to get the invoice to find out the price.
The Invoice numbers from QuickBooks were 1738 and 1739, my actual orders on the paper copy sent to me ended in 822 and 823.

The Invoice numbers from QuickBooks were 1738 and 1739, my actual orders on the paper copy sent to me ended in 822 and 823.
For other invoices/sales out there, no one other than that specific customer knows how many and what items are on the invoices.

That is why I doubt that anyone is ever going to know how widespread the fraud was. Vortex could possibly say how many LO transactions they processed, but that doesn't mean that every burned LO customer approached Vortex.

Ohhh, I can’t say I ever really opened those…straight into the shredder.

My invoice number from June was 1206.

He was turning some orders looks like.

1646 for my dads order on 8/31 that he got stiffed on. He filed a chargeback and I think he got his money back.

Crazy thing is I ordered a Trijicon TR25 the week prior and I got that delivered in short order.

My receipt has Sales No 230324 dated 4/16/2023 and shipped 8/25/2023. Invoice # was 976 from the email

I emailed him Aug 3rd to check status and he said I was # 5 on the list and should ship soon. He posted several times about 100-90 days from order to ship.

Just wondering @Shamus Terry , were the G3 6-36x scopes 100+ days from order to ship as Scott was saying ?