• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

4/20/2023 Order received email ([email protected]) - 241101418099
4/21/2023 Invoice (Liberty Optics LLC [email protected]) - 1008
Sales Receipt (received in mail, postmark Missoula MT 598, 01 MAY 2023PM 1T) - Date 4/21/2023, Sales No 230352

Vortex shipped a bunch of scopes the same day the orders came is, as they tired to right someone else’s wrong.

There’s your back order clue…

Reactions: BlkZ06
I’m going to say he was full of crap on those lead times. Everywhere local to me had them on the shelf.
I will say this- 6 weeks after I paid for the Vortex scope “special order Liberty discount” I found the same scope on OP, discounted to within 5.00 of what I paid Scott. I went ahead and bought it because it was a damn good deal….and, what really sucked was I had it in 3 days. It still took another 2.5 months to get the one I upfronted the money for from LO.

So I believe the whole pay up front, wait 100 days thru LO was a bullshit setup designed to stuff his pockets full of a cash advance loan.
I didn’t think much of it at the time because I did receive the scope I paid for from Scott but after seeing this thread it became clear the LO sale and shipment shell game was nothing but an elaborate con.

Last edited:
To be fair, the lead times (up until maybe recently) made sense as that's the only way selling so cheap would make sense financially. You never tie up your own cash ordering inventory (which would incentivize you to sell for larger margins since you're taking risk with your money).

And that forces you to always bet a the mercy of manufacturer lead times.

Optics Planet and other retailers by contrast tie up their own money and have scopes on order and come in regularly or semi-regularly. Some do decide to discount heavily, but they will also not be as effected by making large purchase orders with their own money, and then selling cheaper.......like someone who's a sole proprietor with limited funds would be.

So, while possible that it was part of the scam at the end.......long lead times make perfect sense for the business model he used for two decades.

It could be he was getting volume discounts by batching orders to a certain order point and therefore causing an availability delay while he waited on more orders to fill the cue. It's really just a guess at this point. My order took about a month to fill, but it did come with a "thank you" jotted across the invoice. I've seen businesses close abruptly and pets left to starve in homes when someone was arrested and held without bail.

When I called vortex at the start of all this to check on the order they said back orders were 5 months before getting into the situation 🤷‍♂️. Not sure where all the gen iiis instantly came from.

Edit: I believe I was one of the first to call as he wasn’t sure who liberty optics was and was surprised that he could look up and see the order.

Reactions: Warpspeed
1 sig kilo300
1 kowa bdx2
1 kowa prominar
1 trijicon 10 mile
Purchased from Scott at liberty through the last 3 years best prices no issues. I even spoke on the phone with him. Hope it gets figured out
I’ve also purchased a number of items from Scott with your same experience, including talking to him a couple times. This is why it was hard at first for many of us to believe it was happening.

Reactions: Schütze and DIBBS
1 sig kilo300
1 kowa bdx2
1 kowa prominar
1 trijicon 10 mile
Purchased from Scott at liberty through the last 3 years best prices no issues. I even spoke on the phone with him. Hope it gets figured out
It is figured out he operated a business in good standing until he didn’t. What is now figured out is he stole money from trusting people on this site and others, then closed down shop. Was a nice guy, now a shitbird end of story.

Received my Gen3 Razor today thanks to Shamus and the Vortex Crew. I knew vortex's cutomer service was good but this is almost unbelievable.

Attachments

• 20231026_190023.jpg
    20231026_190023.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 96
Received my Gen3 Razor today thanks to Shamus and the Vortex Crew. I knew vortex's cutomer service was good but this is almost unbelievable.
Thank you for being a customer and giving us a chance to try and remedy this very odd situation we all found ourselves in.

We seriously appreciate it.
Thank you
Scott Parks

Evening Folks,
Appreciate everyone who has reached out. Please continue to do so and ill reply asap.
Our customers are truly #1 priority and i will reply to each and every email.
My email is [email protected] and cell# 608-335-4486
Email will be the quickest way to get things moving and ill be on all evening to look after these.

Also, just so folks are informed. We received drop-ships for Liberty Optics up until this week. But they were not released until Vortex was paid.
In all of these cases i have been dealing with, i have the order information but they are just being held as we have not received payment.
I am hoping all of you can file a chargeback and get your money back.
It's very important that each of you are looked after and will help with any order needs to get things moving in a timely manner.

Thanks again for the opportunity
Shamus Terry
Shamus,

Well crap. The original Thread has been resurrected, but because it is Locked I got no Email notices. Was trying to be a Good Boy (tm) and not pester Scott, and truthfully life got in the way and I've not been on this Forum much lately.

I have 3 Preorders through Liberty at about $9K total.

I will be scanning my receipts in and contacting both you and my CC within a couple hours.

This is the first I'm aware and I hope I'm in time.

-Keith Z-

An Admin might want to Unlock the previous Thread and make a single post, just to "ping" people like me that sometimes aren't here often and rely on the Email notifications. There could be quite a few more people still floating out there. Point to this Thread.

Shamus,

Well crap. The original Thread has been resurrected, but because it is Locked I got no Email notices. Was trying to be a Good Boy (tm) and not pester Scott, and truthfully life got in the way and I've not been on this Forum much lately.

I have 3 Preorders through Liberty at about $9K total.

I will be scanning my receipts in and contacting both you and my CC within a couple hours.

This is the first I'm aware and I hope I'm in time.

-Keith Z-
Rest assured that we will do everything we can to help and get you taken care of on any Vortex products you ordered. If you haven't already email Shamus ([email protected]) copies of your invoice(s).

V/R
Scott Parks

Kinda wonder if the pandemic delay in supplies and order fulfillments lead to an insane amount of customer emails/calls. Guy could have had hundreds if not thousands of unfulfilled orders and no end in sight, got an overload of calls/emails and just snapped. Very weird situation though. I never personally purchased anything from liberty, while at the time I knew he had a good reputation, the 1995 style website just gave me weird vibes.

Reactions: LoCal247
Anyone have problems with an impact 4000 order?
Yes, think I was trying to order in the 11th hr though...
Mine showed up the week before all this mess, but I did have to inquire with Scott.
What was the date you put your order in?

I wouldnt have thought twice about not seeing a scope for several months given history with him

Was it only vortex orders this all happened with?!? I'm guessing most were Razors given the posts in this thread.

Was it only vortex orders this all happened with?!? I'm guessing most were Razors given the posts in this thread.
seems to be - I had missed the 4th of july sale but ordered a XTR pro from Liberty at a price I couldn’t touch anywhere else on July 11th — had the pro in hand before the end of July, I don’t think it took much over 10 days.

Kinda wonder if the pandemic delay in supplies and order fulfillments lead to an insane amount of customer emails/calls. Guy could have had hundreds if not thousands of unfulfilled orders and no end in sight, got an overload of calls/emails and just snapped. Very weird situation though. I never personally purchased anything from liberty, while at the time I knew he had a good reputation, the 1995 style website just gave me weird vibes.
Nobody takes in that much money to make orders, places the orders but fails to pay for them, then overloads and snaps.

This reeks of him taking in hundreds of thousands in capital to provide a product, stalling under the guise of production delays, misusing this capital and losing it or outright stashing it as long as possible, then running away once the jig is up.

Most everyone sided with Scott/LO during the 2011 Premier Heritage blowup. I'm thinking that may have been ill-guided as well.

I can't believe this is happening. I was invoice number 1335, paid in full on July 1st.

I started following the LO thread in the PX a few weeks ago anticipating the annual Vet Day sale... Well that's not happening. So after catching up on all 14 pages here I have one thought.

No one at the local level is going to pick this up. Someone who has been effected needs to reach the MDOJ DCI unit. Shoot it could get referred to Federal. This is criminal that crosses state lines. Units like the DCI (every state has an equivalent) are more equipped to handle crimes like this rather than the local Sheriff. My 2 cents now I'm broke.

Oh no people are trying to spend more money with me than ever before....Let me run the business into the ground instead of making even more profits...................Don't quit your day job (clearly not a business owner)

Reactions: clark33
I started following the LO thread in the PX a few weeks ago anticipating the annual Vet Day sale... Well that's not happening. So after catching up on all 14 pages here I have one thought.

No one at the local level is going to pick this up. Someone who has been effected needs to reach the MDOJ DCI unit. Shoot it could get referred to Federal. This is criminal that crosses state lines. Units like the DCI (every state has an equivalent) are more equipped to handle crimes like this rather than the local Sheriff. My 2 cents now I'm broke.
Most of the people who were made whole, don't really have much they can do. At best, their credit card or financial institutions will be going after them. They are the ones who are defrauded in the end and the only real ones who can get anything going.

Most of the people who were made whole, don't really have much they can do. At best, their credit card or financial institutions will be going after them. They are the ones who are defrauded in the end and the only real ones who can get anything going.

Correct. Only those whom cannot be made whole by reversals.

Yeah my credit card company was surprisingly accommodating. Literally reversed the charge after just a 5 minute phone call with them. I assume the cc company has hordes of people who specialize in chasing down fraudsters. The cc companies also have way more weight to throw around to get people to press charges if possible

Reactions: Germnguy
Yeah my credit card company was surprisingly accommodating. Literally reversed the charge after just a 5 minute phone call with them. I assume the cc company has hordes of people who specialize in chasing down fraudsters. The cc companies also have way more weight to throw around to get people to press charges if possible
I’d like to think so, but I believe that the reality is that it all goes into their overhead and thus their CC fee/monthly apr.

My CC was likewise delightfully understanding and accommodating this morning. I should be receiving a full refund to my Acct within a couple of days, with the caveat that Scott can respond/appeal within I believe 60 days.

Do I think it's likely at this point? No. But the 60 day window still gives me pause for further shenanigans to happen. I'll need to consider carefully how I proceed, being in full CYA mode.

My first order (of 3) with Scott was on 6-16, placing me right in line with the others here who are alleging fraud. The interesting part is my 3rd order contained zero G3 scopes, which was always where Scott claimed the hangup was happening....that order was placed in July and is also unfulfilled.

I also made a report with the Montana bureau cited earlier in this thread. That action hopefully provides further proof and makes it easier for my CC to recover the funds after reimbursing me.

Discover refunded me within 25 minutes when I emailed the person I was working with at CS the screen shots here of closed LLC and so forth.

Quite a shame because while I never spoke to scott much I had ordered 9 optics from him over the last 7 years or so, I didn't see this coming at all. It is honestly so hard to believe that someone who had done so many sales for so long just fully exit scammed an entire group. What a world we live in.

MAJOR props to Vortex for doing what they can to help folks out. There are not many companies that would behave this way when faced with someone else's scam. Excellent way to do business, unlike the subject of this thread.

When I called vortex at the start of all this to check on the order they said back orders were 5 months before getting into the situation 🤷‍♂️. Not sure where all the gen iiis instantly came from.

I think it's important to clarify who's back order they were talking about. Was it:

1. Liberty Optics to Vortex back orders, meaning submitted orders but unpaid

or

2. Vortex's back order with the manufacturer

I believe it's #1.

I think it's important to clarify who's back order they were talking about. Was it:

1. Liberty Optics to Vortex back orders, meaning submitted orders but unpaid

or

2. Vortex's back order with the manufacturer

I believe it's #1.
vibe on the phone call was any new order was backordered that far. Seemed as though the guy on the phone hadn't heard of liberty optics when we were talking.

vortex had a sale for their vendors back in June or July on the gen 3s because they had so many in stock is word that I received. so it was not a manufactures supply chain problem Vortex had them to sell. LO could of ordered and shipped within a week if so but strung us all along for the 3 months [figuring the cc would be past the grace period] He knew what he was doing back in april if not sooner. Diffinately a planned FRAUD!

I don't disagree its planned fraud. pretty much has to be at this point with the business dissolution. just a lot of really odd things that don't add up mentioned in the thread. I called at 2 on the 17th and that's what the guy said. Maybe all of those you are speaking about were taken at that point and they were back to waiting on another container. its also weird that if all those were in stock there was no flag raised at vortex for having a ton of scopes in stock without payment and allowing more and more orders to be put in. Situation sucks for everyone. sucks for the customers that are having to fight for chargebacks. sucks for vortex having to scramble to fill the large whole that was cut out of their Q4 revenue. it would be nice to know the whole story but doubt we will any time soon, if ever.

Damn, I was hoping to order another LHT.

Had to call my brother yesterday when I saw this, figured he got scammed as well because he ordered in September thru LO, but he said he got his optic back in the second week of October or so. He had ordered a Razor LHT 4.5-22. Was going to feel terrible for recommending him to LO if he got scammed, as I've had plenty of good experiences with LO.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Yea this whole situation is mind boggling... I talked to Scott 3 days before this thread started and received my Gen3 razor the day this thread started. Others as someone above me just posted, who placed orders long after May/June (non Gen3 razors) received their items.

If this was a planned for months let's take everyone's money scam it doesn't make sense why so many others placed ordered and received items more recently..

Super weird for sure

Yea this whole situation is mind boggling... I talked to Scott 3 days before this thread started and received my Gen3 razor the day this thread started. Others as someone above me just posted, who placed orders long after May/June (non Gen3 razors) received their items.

If this was a planned for months let's take everyone's money scam it doesn't make sense why so many others placed ordered and received items more recently..

Super weird for sure

If you're trying to keep the scam going as long as possible, it makes sense to make sure some people get their optics. Then you can say "I don't know what's going on, so and so got his yesterday."

It also makes sense to make sure the moderators on the sites you sell on get theirs. When people complain to the moderators, they say "I'm sure he's g2g, I got mine." Vortex has confirmed that many orders were placed many months ago without payment. The most likely version is he was going to do this indefinitely until the jig was up.

If you just take everyone's money, you get found out much sooner. If you make sure a few get their stuff here and there.....you end up being able to do this for months and months, just like he did.

If you're trying to keep the scam going as long as possible, it makes sense to make sure some people get their optics. Then you can say "I don't know what's going on, so and so got his yesterday."

It also makes sense to make sure the moderators on the sites you sell on get theirs. When people complain to the moderators, they say "I'm sure he's g2g, I got mine." Vortex has confirmed that many orders were placed many months ago without payment. The most likely version is he was going to do this indefinitely until the jig was up.

If you just take everyone's money, you get found out much sooner. If you make sure a few get their stuff here and there.....you end up being able to do this for months and months, just like he did.

I get it. But I for sure got no special treatment thats for sure.... I was told 90 days, then 120 days after I paid, and I got it finally at 145+ days....