• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

Here's my take.

He was taking in money and playing with it. Playing the market or straight up gambling. For a while he was either making money or at least staying even. Then he got upside down and couldn't work his way back out.

But really, I haven't given this more than the 10 seconds it took me to write that because it just doesn't matter.

Good people here got taken advantage of by him.

Vortex is going above and beyond what anyone could ask for or imagine and because of that, I'll be a long time customer of theirs.

I was another one of Scotts customers that he scammed for $1900. I placed my order for a Gen 3 Razor
on August 14th. Vortex verified that the order was never placed or paid for. I now have a fraud claim started with my cc company but they said it could take up to 90 days for an answer on whether or not they could reverse the charge. In the meantime I reached out to Shamus Terry from Vortex and they went above and beyond to get me a replacement scope coming. I just wanted to say thanks to Shamus and Vortex for their outstanding customer service.

I was another one of Scotts customers that he scammed for $1900. I placed my order for a Gen 3 Razor
on August 14th. Vortex verified that the order was never placed or paid for. I now have a fraud claim started with my cc company but they said it could take up to 90 days for an answer on whether or not they could reverse the charge. In the meantime I reached out to Shamus Terry from Vortex and they went above and beyond to get me a replacement scope coming. I just wanted to say thanks to Shamus and Vortex for their outstanding customer service.
Thank you for the kind words. We are honestly just trying to do right by our customers. Feel free to contact us anytime if there is ever anything we can assist with.

Best regards
Scott Parks

Reached out to Shamus this morning, left a message and Jake returned the call.

Told Jake that my credit card company needed to review everything and that they would get back to me with an absolute answer after the second billing cycle.

Jake asked what my original order was and matched the total. Mine was a “fairly large” order consisting of about $8,000.

Now I’m hoping, and crossing my fingers, that my credit card gives me the charge back amount from Liberty after that second billing cycle.

while I’m floating that chance that I don’t get my money back, It is nice seeing Vortex stand up for their customer/users.

Here's my take.

He was taking in money and playing with it. Playing the market or straight up gambling. For a while he was either making money or at least staying even. Then he got upside down and couldn't work his way back out.

But really, I haven't given this more than the 10 seconds it took me to write that because it just doesn't matter.

Good people here got taken advantage of by him.

Vortex is going above and beyond what anyone could ask for or imagine and because of that, I'll be a long time customer of theirs.
This take sounds about right.

Reached out to Shamus this morning, left a message and Jake returned the call.

Told Jake that my credit card company needed to review everything and that they would get back to me with an absolute answer after the second billing cycle.

Jake asked what my original order was and matched the total. Mine was a “fairly large” order consisting of about $8,000.

Now I’m hoping, and crossing my fingers, that my credit card gives me the charge back amount from Liberty after that second billing cycle.

while I’m floating that chance that I don’t get my money back, It is nice seeing Vortex stand up for their customer/users.
Pretty similar here. My CC though, stepped in beautifully with a full refund within about 24 hours. Jake took my order today, matching LO's prices which took mathematic gymnastics. I may have my entire order by the weekend.

Everything was in stock.

Reactions: godofthunder
Pretty similar here. My CC though, stepped in beautifully with a full refund within about 24 hours. Jake took my order today, matching LO's prices which took mathematic gymnastics. I may have my entire order by the weekend.

Everything was in stock.
It appears I was wrong. I blame my Military-Grade bad hearing :p

I have to wait 30-90 days for the Fraud investigation to conclude for my funds to be released. But hey, for surviving this virtually unscathed except for the waste of my time, I'll take it.

You know, this sort of ripoff in this sport is a bad idea. All sorts of gov employees and LEOs in this hobby. I hope he gets found because he abused some people's trust, including mine.

Reactions: nikerret
You know, this sort of ripoff in this sport is a bad idea. All sorts of gov employees and LEOs in this hobby. I hope he gets found because he abused some people's trust, including mine.

I've seen so many scams in the firearms industry over the years I've lost count. Most just get a slap on the wrist, if anything at all. I've never heard of a scammer actually getting confronted in person either. Maybe this time will be different, but I doubt it.

Well since most in good ole
.gov don’t care about civilians and the firearms it’s kinda like robbing a drug dealer.

Who they gonna call?

No one cares about us getting ripped off.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has found him yet.

If it was semi well planned (sounds very possible)…..the amount of money he very likely could have made off with, I’d be surprised if he stayed inside the US.

With his solid reputation and selling items like Razors for $2k each or more, plus all the other items…..very easily could have run of with multiple millions of dollars.

If you’re forward thinking enough for that, you likely already had an exit/retirement plan figured out that puts you out of the immediate circle of firearms community as well as likely outside of easy extradition.

If it was semi well planned (sounds very possible)…..the amount of money he very likely could have made off with, I’d be surprised if he stayed inside the US.

With his solid reputation and selling items like Razors for $2k each or more, plus all the other items…..very easily could have run of with multiple millions of dollars.

If you’re forward thinking enough for that, you likely already had an exit/retirement plan figured out that puts you out of the immediate circle of firearms community as well as likely outside of easy extradition.
Most these scammers are not that sharp. Using the money to play the markets, or gambling, or drugs, or house flipping, or some other dumb shut is usually what happens.

Thanks to my credit card company for coming through with the chargeback on Tuesday afternoon and a huge thanks to Shamus, Jake, and Scott at Vortex for going the extra mile and turning a disaster into something positive. Well, 2 positives.

razors.jpg

Initial impressions are very, very good. Parallax and mag ring are super smooth, turrets feel very nice and are easy to read. Like the reticle. UPS didn't get here until it was dark so I didn't get to check the glass out today, but going to spend some time behind them soon and do some side by side comparisons next to my S&B 5-25s, Premier 5-25s, and TT 5-25s. I may end up with more of these G3s in the future.

Would love to get the whole story about Scott one of these days, but for now I'm just happy my scopes are here.

I’d like to think so, but I believe that the reality is that it all goes into their overhead and thus their CC fee/monthly apr.

Yep, exactly. I already pay enough to my payment processor; this will probably just get added to that bill.

Reactions: lash
I keep popping back in this thread thinking that I’ll see Scott posting his whereabouts in exactly 3 possible scenarios.

1. Sorry I had some medical issues, site scam is back up. G3 Razors $599.99 #ilovesuckingcocksthatsteventylersmouthcouldntfitsaleisbackup

2.*pic* Here’s what my face looks like buried in cambodian titties drinking warm breast milk. Jokes on you glowies and dickmount, I took you money.

3. I’m in a thaiwanese prison, I have aids in all 3 holes and only came in with two holes. #gofundme #freethefraud #makeIORgreatagain #freephillip

I’d like to think so, but I believe that the reality is that it all goes into their overhead and thus their CC fee/monthly apr.
Haven't seen a CC company go out of business yet...

Based on the amount of money they spend to obtain customers in advertising alone, I'd assume it's an extremely lucrative business.

Reactions: lash and Im2bent

Based on the amount of money they spend to obtain customers in advertising alone, I'd assume it's an extremely lucrative business.

Think about it.
The credit card companies have gotten most folks in the USA to be fine with a 3% national sales tax on most things, paid to the biggest banks in the country...

Then have you looked at the interest rates for your credit cards?
There used to be a joke that the mob charged lower interest rates than American Express.
Most folks not making the full payment each month are essentially paying double the sticker price for what they buy, and all that extra money is going back to the banks.

So yes, it's a hugely good business that pays the banks super well.

Yes you do get some "protection" some times like in this case.
But like most other "insurance" in the end the house wins overall and for most people, you have paid out far more in premiums than you get back.

Debt = the modern slavery for a lot of people who don't understand how money works (and strangely enough nobody seems to teach children that important thing in High School).

Think about it.
The credit card companies have gotten most folks in the USA to be fine with a 3% national sales tax on most things, paid to the biggest banks in the country...

There used to be a joke that the mob charged lower interest rates than American Express.
Most folks not making the full payment each month are essentially paying double the sticker price for what they buy, and all that extra money is going back to the banks.

But like most other "insurance" in the end the house wins overall and for most people, you have paid out far more in premiums than you get back.

Debt = the modern slavery for a lot of people who don't understand how money works (and strangely enough nobody seems to teach children that important thing in High School).

Preach brother.

Reactions: nikerret and lash

I was going to respond, but I think that @W54/XM-388 about covered it.
Think about it.

Are you trying to tell me that there’s no such thing as a free lunch? WTF?!?

Yeah he surely knows the kind of people that are on this site, and saw the Hoplite thing go down.
If he is smart he isn't in the country and he won't come back.

As someone that recently discovered Blantons, where do you typically get it at retail or is that just a fairytale?

That hasn’t happened for a while unless you’re in a lottery state like VA. $125-$150 is current if it’s not a fuck you store. If you don’t want to pay that try Basil Hayden, it’s excellent and not jacked up until John Wick 5 comes out and he sips that instead. The bottle probably isn’t cool enough though.

Reactions: lash
Retail at our local state stores here in PA every single month. Blantons, Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare....sometimes EHT

Buffalo trace is getting hyped to no end and just it’s ok. Publix has the shelf stacked for $40/bottle and the private store has it behind the counter for $70 😂

Buffalo trace is getting hyped to no end and just it’s ok. Publix has the shelf stacked for $40/bottle and the private store has it behind the counter for $70 😂

Wife's favorite to mix with her lemonade...I'd rather drink Eagle Rare and EHT SmB... its definitely way over hyped

Wife's favorite to mix with her lemonade...I'd rather drink Eagle Rare and EHT SmB... its definitely way over hyped

Eagle rare is great too. 10 year was also on the shelf at Publix for 70 and behind the counter at the private store for 150 😂

A place down here makes giggle juice with lemonade and jack honey and it’s the only time Jack has ever tasted good.

Dickel is great for mixing. Super smooth and if you play your cards right it won’t be the only dickel going down.

Guess I must live in a hole, just now finding and reading this thread.

Yes and no. Collection agencies have access to databases with all sorts of info. My uncle owns several collection agencies and I could have all of his info in a couple minutes, but that would be illegal AF. They can track him down easily but there’s a ton of laws protecting him beyond that as far as collections go and then he was doing business under an LLC which further complicates things. He can stall them for months contesting the debt before they can legally begin to attempt to collect it. Once it’s proven he owes any debt it’s often unlikely they’ll sue and even then he can just file bankruptcy.

An individual on the other hand who has been defrauded by being told an order has been placed to the distributor when it hasn’t and their money has been stolen can take legal action much faster. They can take both criminal and civil action against him, as they should.

My guess is that Scott deleted that thread thinking he nuked any evidence that could be used against him to prove he was defrauding customers.

If I were someone he’s stolen from I would call Flathead County Sheriff’s Office and file a report and see what’s needed to take action with them beyond that.

That's not how it works. The debt just has to be documented properly. We wok closely with collections and skip tracing every day for our clients.

A good PI can find him pretty quick.

The LO thread on the hide is available on several archive sites.

@4O6shootist is local to Scott and knows him face to face, maybe he's up for a little recon? He sounds as surprised at all this as those of us who have been buying from Scott for 20 years.

I have family in Montana who would go knock on some doors for me, but they're 450 miles east of Kalispell and I'm not going to ask for that big of a favor which will probably yield no leads.

The local post office probably won't divulge any info on Scott's PO box contents or payment status without LE being involved. Just wondering if he stopped paying for or cancelled the PO box about the same time as the website and phone.

I've been looking at local Kalispell news and the sheriff's booking records to see if his name pops up, but nothing yet.

I'd watch the Kalispell obituaries too, but with him in contact with other members here as late as last week and then the phone/website/px post/business dissolution all happening within a day points to deliberate action and not an unplanned family or medical emergency.

Post office has all the metadata on all his shipments and mail and ditto his email accounts and ditto his bank records. The USPS has inspectors who can track him down as this is federal mail fraud. The right subpoena locally or federal will crack this open in a few days.

I hope someone has filed a complaint with the Montana state AG and has sent them this thread.

Anyone with a business interest who has an attorney on retainer can have them put a package together and file a formal complaint with the Montana AG. And CC the USPS.

Sucks to see this happen. I’ve ordered 5 or 6 razors, a Sig Kilo and a kestrel 5700 from Scott and never had a negative experience. Last Razor was ordered 7/23/23 and I received it late September. Hopefully the full story surfaces at some point.

Nothing will happen until folks start filing offense reports.
Typically, these types of offenses can either be reported where the theft occurred or where the victim lives.
From experience, most of the local guys, especially deputies, will try to tell you they can't take a report.
I think it would be great to see him extradited to several different states to face charges.

Admittedly I didn't read every post in this thread but......
I knew Scot was a crook way back in 2009. He did me dirty on a scope purchase. I ended up contacting ATK at the time. ATK made it right and threatened him with pulling his dealer status..
I never mentioned it here because everyone seemed to like him so much and I hoped it was an isolated incident..

Admittedly I didn't read every post in this thread but......
I knew Scot was a crook way back in 2009. He did me dirty on a scope purchase. I ended up contacting ATK at the time. ATK made it right and threatened him with pulling his dealer status..
I never mentioned it here because everyone seemed to like him so much and I hoped it was an isolated incident..
Seems Leupold also pulled his dealership some years ago. Bet there were similar issues with them.

Wow! I bought a Sightron 5-40x56mm a couple of years back with zero problems, and now I hear he has turned bad!