• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Light weight 300 Blackout build

jn_fsu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2011
South Texas
My 300 Blackout build weighing in at 7.1 lbs with empty Magpul mag. No range report yet. Will follow up once I get to the range.
Features a 16" (25.1 ounce) 300 Blackout barrel, 5 groove, cut rifled from Satern sourced from a friend who owned his own business at one time. Lower is a Mega (manufactered for a local gunsmith), Daniel Defense LPK, PWS 416 enhanced buffer tube, MOE grip, trigger guard and MFT Minimalists stock. Upper consists of Black Cerakote upper (sourced from same friend as barrel) 16" Satern barrel, Seekins adjustable gas block, Wilson Combat BCG, Fortis 12" Keymod rail, Noveske Keymod rail panels, PWS Triad flash suppressor, Troy H&K style front sight, Troy DOA rear sight and Magpul MVG foregrip. I have an Magpul MS2 sling to add to it. Also will add an optic and light for Hog hunting.

Last edited:
Hey brother, I have one that is 5.4lbs with optics! ;)
But I would trade you in a heartbeat.

Delta, how'd you get to 5.4 lbs? Which optics did you use? Suppressor?

It is my daughters deer rifle. It is black in the pic, but is now pink. I used a polymer lower, and made a featherweight barrel from a raw Montana blank for her. Also not in the pic, I cut down a buffer tube and rethreaded it, cut down a CAR stock, made a custom buffer and spring, so the whole stock assembly is 2" shorter now when collapsed. This was necessary because she is 6 years old and 33lbs. The sight is an Armasight MCS night vision compatable red dot sight. I'll get a new pic since it looks a lot different now.
Here is a pic of her first deer she killed with it, by herself this year. Coached by none other than her mother, the master hunter.
fjVATyN.jpg

PZHZjRI.jpg

And just because I like the pic, here is my wife with my 6x45 and her best friend with the 6.8 in a fun photo shoot we did. That 6x45 is my absolute favorite "killin stuff" gun, and she is pretty fond of it as well.

ECEEPLr.jpg

What is the BCM labeled second photo below your 300? Looks like a nice long range shooter

I need to update the photo in my signature it's changed slightly.
Specs are:
BCM upper build consists of
16" SS410 stainless steel (ionbond black) barrel, 1/8 twist, 5.56 NATO Chamber (USMC SAM-R)
Centurion Arms low pro gas block
Custom BCM BCG ( enhanced by a gunsmith)
Midwest Ind SS Gen 2 15" rail
Magpul Mbus front and rear sights
Burris XTR 1-4 w/ PEPR mount ( I removed the Fastfire red dot)
BCM Mod 4 charging handle
Magpul RVG
Fenix 480 Lumen flashlight and mount
Custom Jake's Brake (sniper's hide member)
I've added a 2.5" picatinny rail to each side of the Modular rail to mount my Vltor ModPod (bipod) which isn't shown in the picture.

Lower build (not shown in picture) consists of-
AGP lower w/ trigger take up set screw
ALG Combat trigger (ACT) w/ JP Precision (yellow) 4.5 lb pull trigger spring
Bad Ass selector
Daniel Defense LPK
Magpul MOE+ grip
Primary Weapon Systems Enhanced buffer tube
Sprinco white buffer spring
Magpul STR stock