• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightest 10-22 folding stock?

Alaskaguide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Who builds the lightest and most compact folding stock for a 10-22
I have a AR-7 in my aircraft survival bag. I like the light weight and compactness but have not been pleased with the reliability of two different AR-7’s. So I am thinking that a 10-22 build could be a solution, I have a factory barrel that has been threaded and the front sight remounted and Barrel is. now 16 ¼”.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Re: Lightest 10-22 folding stock?

Check out PDC Custom, not sure if thats what your looking for but they make Ruger folders.

did you check out the Takedown 10/22s yet? it may be cheaper to go that route

FWIW

I plan on doing this.

10-22-sbr_zps1d921afe.jpg

Agp makes the lightest and smallest folding stock. mine weighed in at 1.5 pounds

Since these look like less than 16" barrels and less than 26" length I assume they are registered as class 3 weapons. What is the procedure for that?

Register the rifle as an SBR.

Fill out papwerwork (ATF Form 1), get some signatures, pay $200 for a tax stamp, wait 6 months for paperwork to return. Done.

CHRIS

I bought a Ruger 10/22 Take Down a few months ago. I had the barrel cut, threaded for a suppressor and the front site re-installed. I also installed the Volquartsen trigger and hammer kit. It's a damn accurate little rifle. The scoped receiver, Buck Mark Camper, suppressor, extra mags and 4 boxes of ammo all fit in the Ruger carrying case with room to spare.

Nodak Sights

Front sight: NDS-23

Rear sight: NDS-26

Stock is a choate stock modified by Foxone-AZ on arfcom.

Register as SBR.

I would order a Rugar charger barrel that's been threaded. Plenty of vendors out there carry that barrel.