• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightweight 1" Picatinny Ring Recommendations

Burdy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2013
    Kind of struggling with the limited options out there. Looking for something to compliment a lightweight build and 12 oz scope. I usually know where to look for most things optics related, but all my stuff typically goes in a 1 piece mount and for this I need rings. Cost is not really a factor unless its really outrageous. I don't mind paying for exactly what I am looking for. Any help is appreciated.

Night Forse Ultra Lites are very good rings but will cost ya.

Tagging along here as I’m thinking about getting a Vortex Razor LH (1” tube) for a lightweight truck gun but all my current ring setups are 30mm & up.

I didn’t realize NF made the ultralights in 1” do they?

Tagging along here as I’m thinking about getting a Vortex Razor LH (1” tube) for a lightweight truck gun but all my current ring setups are 30mm & up.

I didn’t realize NF made the ultralights in 1” do they?

No, NF doesn’t make 1” ultralights, not currently at least, I looked extensively.

Was in a store today that had the Leupold Backcountry rings I linked above. They were surprisingly heavy when I picked up the package, but I didn’t have anything to judge them against (nothing qualified anyway).

Options are very limited in quality lightweight 1” picatinny rings.

Looks like NF does not make 1" rings my mistake.

Reactions: fanninland
    TPS makes a good product I have one of their pic rails on a 10/22 and it is very nice.

at this point everything else on the rifle is light and I think I'm going to sacrifice a couple ounces and just go ahead and get ARCs. I really like their rings and I have them on other rifles. For guys looking for 1-in one-piece mounts I really like the d&z mounts and I have had zero issues with them for well over 10 years now.

Reactions: Moose
    Looks like NF does not make 1" rings my mistake.
    If NF had made those in 1" that would be my go to. 80% of my guns have their unimount on them and I just have not found any reason to look anywhere else.

The ARC rings are outstanding I am using them on my ZC-4x20.

Attachments

• C15F50E4-E341-4C1C-A2D7-E747D3E1B230.png
      C15F50E4-E341-4C1C-A2D7-E747D3E1B230.png
      343.9 KB · Views: 52
    The new XLR rings are good to go, pretty lightweight.

Reactions: fanninland
    Are any of these ring options lighter than the Aero Precision AR style mounts? They're ~3.3 oz., and I couldn't find a pair of rings that were lighter.

Are any of these ring options lighter than the Aero Precision AR style mounts? They're ~3.3 oz., and I couldn't find a pair of rings that were lighter.
    Waking this thread up in hopes someone has an answer. I too seem to be stuck on the aero ar mounts, but they cannot be bedded because they are vertical rings and they also seem to pinch my scope. Not confidence inspiring. Any 1" rings out there that are as light as the aero?

For good quality 1" rings I seem to mostly use Vortex Pro and TPS rings, although I have been pleasantly surprised with UTG Pro rings that do come in 1" diamter.

ILya.

I have three sets of their 34mm rings and they seem to be really well made. Also note they are made in USA.

To anyone who comes across this thread in the future in search of good, lightweight rings for 1 inch rubes, the answer is the Spuhr hunter series "aesthetic" rings and mounts. I've switched most everything over to them and they are the best. Around 3.4 oz on the rings, a little more for the mount.

I might try these Spuhr Hunter series at some point. It's getting harder and harder to sway from ARC (which is what I went with after starting this thread). The mounting process is just too easy. Additionally when it comes to a maintenance check, it's two screws. If they made forward cantilever mounts for an AR, I may move over to nothing but ARC despite the fact that I know they aren't very light. I wanted to save as much weight as possible on this build, but just liked the ARCs too much. It was the one weight sacrifice I was willing to make.
    PXL_20230822_165758493.jpg

Reactions: Nivium
    I've heard good things about the ARCs. If I wasn't so focused on weight, I would check them out. When you say the mounting process is too easy, what do you mean?

The ARC are not that heavy. They are my go to. There are only four screws including the pic mount. They open like a clam shell on top. They are very secure yet not rough on scope finish. I think ARCs are the easiest to move a scope around to get eye relief correct.

Reactions: Nivium and Burdy
    I might try these Spuhr Hunter series at some point. It's getting harder and harder to sway from ARC (which is what I went with after starting this thread). The mounting process is just too easy. Additionally when it comes to a maintenance check, it's two screws. If they made forward cantilever mounts for an AR, I may move over to nothing but ARC despite the fact that I know they aren't very light. I wanted to save as much weight as possible on this build, but just liked the ARCs too much. It was the one weight sacrifice I was willing to make.
    View attachment 8224069
    Who makes the "bridge" over the barrel that you have in front of the scope?

ILya

Reactions: Burdy
    The ARC are not that heavy. They are my go to. There are only four screws including the pic mount. They open like a clam shell on top. They are very secure yet not rough on scope finish. I think ARCs are the easiest to move a scope around to get eye relief correct.
    Yes, and once your scope is level, tightening to spec never moves it or rolls it like standard ring caps do.

What scope is on your build Burdy?
    4.5-22 Vortex Razor LH

Who makes the "bridge" over the barrel that you have in front of the scope?

ILya
    A forum member here on the hide 3D printed it for me. I just wanted a place to rest my hand that was lightweight. I will ask him if it is OK to post his name here and if so I will let you know and update it here.