• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lightweight and compact SPR/DMR scope

Slateman

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
Looking for recomendations.

Recently built a nice, lightweight SPR style rifle. Tried my old Vortex 2-10x. My groups are solid, but the optic left a lot to be desires.

So I bought a Sig Tango4 4-16x. It's a decent scope with some nice features, but man, this thing bulky and long.

I need an illuminated reticle with useful hash Mark's (ie, not a BDC). Needs to be under 25 ounces and would really like to be sub 20.

I'd like a max magnification higher than 10x. I dont necessarily need a 1x option, as I am pretty comfortable running offset red dots.

Prefer FFP, but I'm not married to it.

My budget is .... flexible. I'd go as high as $1500 for the right optic.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Trijicon Credo 2-10. Any other options to consider?

Also looking at the Credo 2-10 for a shorty 308 also. Seems like a good option to fill the role on a DMR.

Another one I’m looking at is the NF NXS 2.5-10x42. NF also has/had the 2.5-10 x24 and x32 that could fit the bill but they have been discontinued.

If you're able to find an NX8 used or even new for that price range, I think you'll be very happy. Great for CQB and at full magnifications the 8x is pretty clear for the price. I had no issues engaging targets well beyond 500+yards. It is also FFP if you choose to stick with the reticle, though no "tree". Unfortunately, not a 10x or more but it sure is a great optic.

ATACR F1 4-16X50 I tried on a friend's JP LRP was a killer setup. He had the MilC . I would go Mil XT

If you're able to find an NX8 used or even new for that price range, I think you'll be very happy. Great for CQB and at full magnifications the 8x is pretty clear for the price. I had no issues engaging targets well beyond 500+yards. It is also FFP if you choose to stick with the reticle, though no "tree". Unfortunately, not a 10x or more but it sure is a great optic.

ATACR F1 4-16X50 I tried on a friend's JP LRP was a killer setup. He had the MilC . I would go Mil XT
Both of Nightforce's offerings are on the heavy side. They are very good, but weight is a factor here.

Might look at vortex strike eagle.

I did notice 30 oz sory, I thought 20 inches.

Last edited:
Check put leuopold AR 3-9x40 VX-R scope, great glass and light weight... scope has a lot of features for the money, I love mine