• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonator?

AvsFan

Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Colorado
Gent's,

I've watched a few episodes of "Choose Your Weapon" on the Outdoor Channel (actually watching it right now). Anyway, these guys do a lot of long range hunting with various big and/or exotic calibers. I've noticed they like to use these "LimbSaver Barrel De-Resonators" on their barrels. My question is - do these things work and what's the real benefit? If so, would it work on a precision/tactical rifle or, is it just snake oil?

Outdoor Channel | Choose Your Weapon

Barrel-Desesonator.jpg

:confused:

I have always wondered the same thing. I had a friend who had one on his hunting rifle and thought it worked well but couldn't explain why it worked.

AvsFan,

I have one sitting in the garage. They are suppose to control the harmonics of barrel whip. You adjust the de-resonator to shrink your groups. It works well with shooting factory ammo. You can use it with handloads, but what's the point! Send me a pm if you want it, just cover shipping $5 bucks.