• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Limited Run Elite Tactical HDMR II-CR (Close Range)

Hey I just want to chime in here with a wishlist too.

1. Same as everyone else on the floating dot reticle idea.
2. A DMR II PRO with an updated reticle and 25 yard parallax would be something I would buy right now. Even with the g3 I think you’d still sell them like hot cakes
3. Please make a Match Pro in ~3-15 power. I want something a little smaller and more useable on the low end for hunting as well as competition.

On another note, thanks for offering a mil discount program!

I ordered the 2-16x50 Forge and it arrived yesterday. I hate to do this, but I've got to let you know that the reticle in the scope doesn't match this picture. It's close, but the center aiming dot in the actual scope measures 1" at 10x at 100 yards (tested against a grid target). This picture shows the center aiming dot being about the width of the thinner stadia, but this isn't the case. I've tried to get a picture through my cell phone of the actual reticle.

View attachment 7452995

There's more to say about this scope based on the short time that I've had it, but I wanted to put this up so that everyone is aware of the actual reticle versus the one that is shown.

Again, I'm not dogging the scope - there's a lot to like for the price - but I wanted anybody thinking about it to know what they are actually getting.
I'll try to get the reticle image fixed asap. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I just ordered one of these Close Range limited releases, specifically for NRL22.
Excited, especially with your VIP pricing and the good marks Bushnell is getting over in the scope tracking thread.
Will run it on the Vudoo for a while and report back.
Have been looking for JUST this design, with very detailed parallax markings, good eyebox, reliable tracking, and I can live with the H59, but I do agree with most above: please update the G3 and/or offer the Pro with a dot reticle.
Thanks for offering this to the .22 comp crowd!

As a practical matter, if I were you, I would talk to your technical team and see if they can claw it down to 20 yards without any significant modifications. With scopes that are designed to go down to 25 yards, with most OEMs, about a third do not quite make it there on the highest power. On top of that, if the user does not get the eyepiece set up just right it will also make a difference.

If I were doing this, I would get the optical system calibrated down to 20 yards, but list is as a 25 yard scope to leave a little margin.

This right here, times eleventy! It's super-frustrating to set up at 25 yards and find out that the scope won't focus that low, because either I've had to tweak the diopter or because of some "unforeseen" tolerance stack issue.

This is looking perfect for my next scope, especially the 2-16 as long as FOV and glass clarity/ resolution are good I'll have to pick one up.

This is looking perfect for my next scope, especially the 2-16 as long as FOV and glass clarity/ resolution are good I'll have to pick one up.

I found the resolution and contrast to be quite good on the 2-16x50 Forge. It also has 0.05 MIL adjustments (marked 0.5 CM). I didn't measure FOV but it seems to be good, at least I didn't notice that it was lacking in any setting. Chromatic aberration was pretty well controlled as long as you stay in the center of the eye box, pretty much like my 3-18x50 (Chinese) Forge. I did notice a significant amount of barrel distortion (fish-eye) at low power, and it was detectable even at max power. It didn't really bother me just looking at a target, but it's very noticeable when scanning across an area. And then there's the big dot in the center of the reticle, as mentioned previously.

It feels very solid and substantial, and reminds me aesthetically of my Athlon Cronus. The locking turrets on all the Forges are really nice, and all the controls were smooth and free moving. I'd have been happy to keep if the reticle dot had been as fine as shown in the marketing materials.

Any chance of the F-Class scopes ever being released?
D0FD1A14-76D7-47B9-B350-AB901EE21976.jpeg

I found the resolution and contrast to be quite good on the 2-16x50 Forge. It also has 0.05 MIL adjustments (marked 0.5 CM). I didn't measure FOV but it seems to be good, at least I didn't notice that it was lacking in any setting. Chromatic aberration was pretty well controlled as long as you stay in the center of the eye box, pretty much like my 3-18x50 (Chinese) Forge. I did notice a significant amount of barrel distortion (fish-eye) at low power, and it was detectable even at max power. It didn't really bother me just looking at a target, but it's very noticeable when scanning across an area. And then there's the big dot in the center of the reticle, as mentioned previously.

It feels very solid and substantial, and reminds me aesthetically of my Athlon Cronus. The locking turrets on all the Forges are really nice, and all the controls were smooth and free moving. I'd have been happy to keep if the reticle dot had been as fine as shown in the marketing materials.

I looked up the FOV it looks pretty good, 42ft @100yds I'm just not sold on that reticle. Have you tried a lrhs or lrts for glass comparison? I know it's stated that both have the same glass

@Team RCBS & Bushnell

I looked up the FOV it looks pretty good, 42ft @100yds I'm just not sold on that reticle. Have you tried a lrhs or lrts for glass comparison? I know it's stated that both have the same glass

@Team RCBS & Bushnell

I have not used any of the elite tactical line optics. I have a Razor gen2, and Athlon Cronus, an Optika6 5-30x56, and a 3-18x50 Forge for comparison. This Forge model seems most similar to the Optika6 to me as far as resolution, contrast, and stray light handling. It exhibts a bit more barrel distortion and CA, but it also cost significantly less than the Optika6. Based on what I have looked through, that's about the best comparison I can offer.

I have not used any of the elite tactical line optics. I have a Razor gen2, and Athlon Cronus, an Optika6 5-30x56, and a 3-18x50 Forge for comparison. This Forge model seems most similar to the Optika6 to me as far as resolution, contrast, and stray light handling. It exhibts a bit more barrel distortion and CA, but it also cost significantly less than the Optika6. Based on what I have looked through, that's about the best comparison I can offer.
I've looked at the optika6 as well, just not sure what to get yet. I think I'll try the 2-16 forge because it fits me well. I'll deal with the reticle

Reactions: CodeMonkey
Optika6 had good glass in the 3-18 I tried except I received windage turrets on elevation.

I'm just looking for a decent one for coyotes prairie dogs and targets whenever I get the chance to go out again. I think the forge will work for me, especially the new releases

I'm just looking for a decent one for coyotes prairie dogs and targets whenever I get the chance to go out again. I think the forge will work for me, especially the new releases

Plus you can actually get one right now. Optika6 models aren't as easy to find right now, especially at decent prices.

Got mine today, first impressions were very good. Sunshade is not too long, comes with nice multitool. My first time with the H59 and I find it very usable so far, but I like trees.
Parallax knob is smooooth, but the mag throw is stiff. Elevation knob clicks are very precise and feel good to me. The windage knob locks!! I wasn't expecting that, a nice plus.
Eye relief and exit pupil are very forgiving.
All in all very nice, mounted up and ready to be zeroed soon with SK Biathlon. Gotta say, I'm pleased so far with the tactile aspects, thanks Bushnell.

Last edited:
With Shot Show getting cancelled any chance you can give us a line on when a new reticle or cr pro would be? I’ve got a rifle itching for a new scope and the only reason it’s not wearing a DMR pro is because of the 50 yard parallax.

With Shot Show getting cancelled any chance you can give us a line on when a new reticle or cr pro would be? I’ve got a rifle itching for a new scope and the only reason it’s not wearing a DMR pro is because of the 50 yard parallax.
No word yet on what we're doing as far as outlining new products with the SHOT situation. When we're ready to roll out the release of the new ET stuff I'll certainly make a post or two about them.

Reactions: TwistedOneinSeven
I got one of these last week. I've had the original DMR, 1 DMR II, and 2 HDMR IIs. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with some of the improvements over the others I've owned in the past. The obvious one being the ability to focus to 25yds in which mine was able to focus down to 20yds clearly. After selling all my of other DMRs that was the main selling point for me as a scope that will probably be switched between multiple rifles.

The clicks seemed slightly less mushy and lined up well with a very slight bit of play. My previous models didn't have the .5 mil markings on the turrets which I like having them whether I need them or not. The glass image quality seems a touch better than the others I've had in the past with 2 negatives still there. The CA and the obvious worsening of the IQ at the bottom and top quarter of the turret travel. One other complaint that isn't a huge deal for me but the magnification ring is very stiff.

The added tool and lens cloth was a very nice and welcome addition. So overall I have to say this is definitely still a very good deal for the price range if not the best deal especially if you are a part of the Mil/LE program. I'm just hoping the durability of this model is on par with the ones of the past.

Last edited:
I just bought one of these off the Bushnell website. Got the military price also. Looks like a lot of scope for the money. I should have it in my hands in a couple of days. Going to mount it on a Remington 700pss .308.

Bushnell ELITE TACTICAL HDMR II-CR 3.5-21X50

Reactions: T Duff
Bring back the LRTSi.
Make all your Elite Tactical line parallax adjustable down to 25 yards.
Offer the HDMR II Pro with an illuminated reticle and with the H59

John
I really don't like the minimum 75 yard parallax setting on the DMR ET ii-i as noted above. I'd like to see it at 25 yard or at least 50 yards. Also a floating cross hair or dot would be a big improvement to the G3 reticle imho.

Reactions: Basher
The HMDR II-CR scopes were the result of a single and final run of HDMR IIs that we had done with the 25-yard parallax vs the normal 50 of a DMR II or HDMR II (the illuminated DMR IIs are 75 yards). We had to integrate new components to do this and at an additional cost to us, but we held the price at the normal MAP price that the previous HDMR IIs had which was $1299.99.

To avoid the confusion of not knowing what HDMR II had 50 or 25-yard parallax, we decided to segregate that run and call these the CR and make it known that these were the ones with the Close-Range focus. The dials also had some cosmetic changes vs the regular previous runs of HDMR II scopes. These were a limited run and final run of the HDMR II, and they’re now sold out.

I purchased a Elite Tactical DMR II Pro 3.5-21x50 with the G3 reticle last year and love it. I'm looking to buy another scope for another rifle. The military discount from Bushnell is great, been waiting for them to come back to the Elite Tactical line!!! I see alot of Athlon scopes (Ares ETR 4.5-30x56) at the range and looked through one and it was a nice scope, (I did like the floating dot) but I feel the Bushnell glass was better. I was looking in the 800-1,250 yard range with both scopes.

So I just wanted to give a follow up on this scope as I've shot 8 or so matches with it now on my 22 rig.
Disclaimer: I know the full backstory on these scopes as well as the engineers and suppliers that make them so I might be slightly biased.

1.) Build quality as always with the ET line is great, no worries there.

2.) The reticle is perfect for rimfire! I shoot a G3 for PRS and a H59 for ELR. I had real worries about using the H59 for positional because I find it isn't as fast to get back on target as the G3(most would agree). The reason that this works so well for rimfire is that the recoil doesn't kick you off target like a centerfire, you can calmly watch your impacts and adjust if needed. I wouldn't have chosen the H59, but I'm glad this had it and don't plan on going back on my rimfire.

3.) The magnification tension blows! These are set by hand at the factory and this batch was set too tight, not enough to cause huge problems but enough that the factory was told not to do it again. I watched a movie one night and worked it for an hour, it's smoother but nowhere near as easy as it should be and you better hold your rifle nice and tight or you'll damn near turn it on its side.

4.) The parallax is great that it goes so low but be careful since if you run at 15x the focal plane is very thin and you'll have to adjust parallax more than you're used to. At 10x-13x (my normal range) it's not nearly as bad. Just make sure when you crank up magnification for that kyl rack that you dial your parallax every time.