• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lingo on the Hide

Re: Lingo on the Hide

My favorite thing in the MRE was the "SAWDUST BAR", but you had to eat the green eggs an ham to get it most of the time.There was a many a days the new Boots would get the old fist-fart in the face from that MRE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I could find out who makes them,I'd buy a case!!!

Who's up for a sawdust bar group buy?????????</div></div>

Im in! It may look like a turd...but they arent half bad! Used to trade my Ja-lop-o-nose Cheeze AND the candy treat....especially if it was frikin Skittles....Ide like to shoot that reporter that took a picture of a Marine eating Skittles in Iraq.....EVERYONE sent FUCKIN SKITTLES!!!

I hate them......

What about the acronyms I see on the Hide's PX? Like SPF and some others.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty Joe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the acronyms I see on the Hide's PX? Like SPF and some others.
Thanks </div></div>

SPF = Sold, Pending Funds

TTT = To The Top

BTT = Back To Top

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">WWLD</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">What Would Lowlight Do</span>

i agree with 713 that pork patty was horrible.As a matter of fact that whole first generation on MRE's sucked except for the ham slices, choclate chip bar and the coco mix.

I'll get in on the sawdust bar group buy! I used to trade that gross fucking cheese for that and the peanut butter. Felt like I had 10 pounds of shit in my stomach, but I was never hungry after eating that. Oddly enough, I actually liked the ham and eggs. Warmed, it tasted like shit, but cold or cool, with a little Tabasco, it was pretty good.

And it came with all the good goodies.

I was rather upset when they replaced it with the newer stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You get promoted by posting.
</div></div>

Priceless </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite thing in the MRE was the "SAWDUST BAR", but you had to eat the green eggs an ham to get it most of the time.There was a many a days the new Boots would get the old fist-fart in the face from that MRE. </div></div>

Hated those things...the only thing worse than the bar was the "green eggs and ham" they came with. Had a buddy who loved them. We traded alot!

Everyting had a cat food smell to it. Had lots of deployments to the Middle East where 1 or 2 MREs a day were all that was available. Don't miss that part of those days...but I do miss them in general. Oh to be young!

Oddly enough, deploying with cooks was even worse. C-Rations make MREs look good! Whenever possible we befriended locals and ate what the locals ate. As scary as it was...several months of MREs makes it worth the risk. Plus the benifits of sharing meals with the local military has a bonding effect...but yes there were health risks. None of us ever got sick, aside from the runs...which if you read below lead to other problems.

I still get cravings every once in a while for camel burgers, shish taouk, and falafel. The soccar matches on pitted sand fields were pretty fun as well. The tiny, thin coke cans were kinda cool...when they were wealthy enough to have them. A lot of the stuff made me glad I did not speak the language. I really did not want to know.

The thing I don't miss about the Middle East were the restrooms, or lack there of. Most of the time we were quartered with the locals for at least part of the deployment...and that meant using their facilities. No toilet paper, no toilets...just a hole in the floor with 10 feet of area around it where people missed. Not fun! You can hold it for a few days...after that...use your left hand and watch your step! About 1/2 the time there was running water, other wise you had to hope there was a stash of drinking water near by, or...

It was a lot more fun when the Civil Engineers came along. Wood floored and air codintioned tents with electrical outlets for radios and portable TVs, actual cots to sleep in and not just a sand, showers, toilets, and usually a laundry. When they didn't...things got ugly quick.

Sorry...I got side tracked...been a while since I thought about those days. Nothing like food to spark the old memories.

Back on topic...

For you USMC FAST bubbas or as LL likes say, "Non Fleet Marines"

FAST- Fake Ass Seal Team or Fleet Antibacterial Scrubbing Team

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slickrick0999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHTF..
"poop" Hits the Fan
</div></div>

Lol..He called the shit poop...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 713</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the Dehydrated pork patty. That was a fucked up mre. </div></div>

No way, that was the best...it came with a small pack of 'Lucky's' before they took smokes out!

Gone Monkey or Going Monkey = when all else fails or stupid answers (like a monkey shitting in his hand and flings it at you)

I really liked the dehydrated strawberries they were a conflict in a pack. eat enough and it would give you diarrhea but were dry enough to stop you up.

Dehydrated pork patties were awsome, the omlet on the other hand was only thing worse than the tuna ala thing,

I watched my Plt Sgt (former tanker, as in Armor...DAT= Dumb Ass Tanker) re-gergatate the omlet back into the pouch and eat it again, while I was driving down the highway. , had my squad leader sitting in the middle, I couldn't stop laughing long enough to puke. My squad leader turned green. Funny shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halfnutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RTFI=????

Boltripper?, Ali something? </div></div>

RTFI = Read The F'ing Instructions

KITD / FOHS = Kept In The Dark / Fed On Horse Shit

AMF = Alpha Mike Foxtrot (Adios Mother F'er)

BMO = Black Moving Object (female hadji in a burkha)

CATFU = Completely And Totally F'ed Up

CMFWIC = Chief Mother F'er Who's In Charge

COTDA = Case Of The Dumb Asses

FIDO = F It, Drive On

GOFO = Grasp Of The F'ing Obvious

LBFM = Little Brown F'ing Machine (Subic Bay prostitute)

R.O.T.C. = Retarded Over-Trained Children

FUMTU = F'ed Up More Than Usual

FUBER = f'd up beyond economical repair

HMFIC = head mofo in charge

IPHY = inches per hundred yards

Bohica Drive is an actual street in my county. Whoever named it was either clueless, or a total comedian. However it happened, it's accurate, because the sheriff's department gets a lot of calls to Bohica Drive for the same old drunks and domestics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leprechaun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i agree with 713 that pork patty was horrible.As a matter of fact that whole first generation on MRE's sucked except for the ham slices, choclate chip bar and the coco mix. </div></div>

I hated those ham slices. It looked like they had congealed KY on 'em. I'm with you Choc Chip bar and cocoa mix. Hell the fruitcake that came with some MRE's was the only fruit cake I ever ate in my life.

I'm in on the sawdust bar group buy - they're good with peanut butter, but I don't need to be clogged up by the MRE variety.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I could find out who makes them,I'd buy a case!!!

Who's up for a sawdust bar group buy?????????</div></div>

Im in! It may look like a turd...but they arent half bad! Used to trade my Ja-lop-o-nose Cheeze AND the candy treat....especially if it was frikin Skittles....Ide like to shoot that reporter that took a picture of a Marine eating Skittles in Iraq.....EVERYONE sent FUCKIN SKITTLES!!!

I hate them...... </div></div>

Another Skittles pic.

13831Sniper_Small.JPG

In the early 80's, one would see FTS or F.T.S. painted everywhere. F*&^ the Suck. Not so much these days. Eight years of Reagan did wonders for morale.

The best case of bad attittude I saw was a Marine I played rugby with who had DT BOB tattooed in big letters on his back. He would never tell anyone what it meant, and since his name was Dave, it left me a bit curious. One night we were in Savannah, GA at a rugby tournament. (BTW, Savannah GA is home to some of the most beautiful women in the world). Dave got a real good drunk on and needed to be carried to the van. On the ride back to our sanctuary he admitted that DT BOB stood for disband the band of brothers.

Come to think of it, that club was full of wackos.

A wing forward was D.H. pronounced "dee aytch" - short for dickhead

Our hooker was named UMA -short for ugliest man alive.

Igor had a badly broken nose and a perpetually dislocated shoulder.

And our only black player was real slow, thus "turtle."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Echo6 Sierra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slickrick0999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHTF..
"poop" Hits the Fan
</div></div>

Lol..He called the shit poop... </div></div>

Billy Madison reference?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halfnutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched my Plt Sgt (former tanker, as in Armor...DAT= Dumb Ass Tanker) re-gergatate the omlet back into the pouch and eat it again, while I was driving down the highway. , had my squad leader sitting in the middle, I couldn't stop laughing long enough to puke. My squad leader turned green. Funny shit. </div></div>

I'm sitting in the office all alone and laughing like a madman at this. I suspect the people next to us think I'm insane...Good stuff you guys!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe STFU hasn't been explained....</div></div>

My personal favorite is the stfuagtfo (shut the fuc* up and get the fuc* out).

In the Accecesories for sale section
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">DFW</span></span>?????
When someone is discussing the person who started the ad they call him the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">OP</span></span>??????
SScott